JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Santa Claus Conquers the Martians, 1964

View attachment 407822

LOL! Since we've been married, we've had a holiday tradition of watching that one most Christmas seasons. Well, the MST3K-ed version.

That, and on occasion, the unintentionally hilarious/creepy 1959, Mexican film, Santa Claus. Also properly treated by the crew of the SOL. "No Lupita!" ;)

38708-scposter.jpg

Last Edited:
Santa Claus Conquers the Martians, 1964

View attachment 407822

Someone else has actually seen this, let alone likes it! :eek: I can't believe it. This is actually one of our family traditions, to a point that we sent a copy to my dad when he was stationed in Afghanistan.

A big hint that @CountryGent was "the one" was that he didn't run from the room screaming when we were watching it and he got why I like it so much.

I also love It's a Wonderful Life, Miracle on 34th Street (1947 with Maureen O'Hara and Natalie Wood), and The Muppet Christmas Carol,

Me and my wife watch the following several times
A Christmas story
Christmas vacation
It's a wonderful life
Miracle on 34th Street

I always loved scrooged with Bill Murray too.

The kids love Frosty the snowman, and rudolph the red nosed reindeer

To answer my own question ...

• Christmas Vacation (1989). It is probably my favorite in that film series.
  • A Christmas Story (1983).
  • Scrooged (1988).
  • Home Alone (1990).
  • It's a Wonderful Life (1946).
  • Several Mystery Science Theater 3000 entries: Santa Claus Conquers the Martians (1964), Santa Claus (1959), and the bizarre Russo-Finnish film Jack Frost (1964).
  • Better Off Dead (1985). More of a teen comedy with black humor, but it is set during the holiday season.
  • Trading Places (1983). It is set during the Christmas holiday.
  • Die Hard (1988).

Better Off Dead (1985). More of a teen comedy with black humor, but it is set during the holiday season

Wifey and I were just talking about that. We haven't sen that movie on TV for ever. I don't even remember it being at Christmas time?

" TWO DOLLARS, I WANT MY TOOO-DOLLLERS! "

What? Nobody's mentioned Rambo? o_O

Just kidding, but I'd just as soon watch it as a lot of the junk that's gonna be on.

A Christmas Story is always good.
Christmas Vacation is good for a laugh.
It's a Wonderful Life is one, though, that reminds us why we should be thankful.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top