JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I so want a 'classic" style switchblade knife...alas I can not legally own one here in Washington....
That still doesn't stop me from looking at them ....and wishing...:D
Andy
When I was working in California at the San Onofre Nuclear Station north of San Diego, the big thing was spending time in Tijuana and picking up a few things not easily found in Washington. One of those things where OTF knives.

Sneaking them back across the border was problematic, as most guys would sstuff the down their pants. These knives where not the best quality and could go off when not expected. A friend learned the hard way, luckily just in the thigh rather than more important areas.

When I was working in California at the San Onofre Nuclear Station north of San Diego, the big thing was spending time in Tijuana and picking up a few things not easily found in Washington. One of those things where OTF knives.

Sneaking them back across the border was problematic, as most guys would sstuff the down their pants. These knives where not the best quality and could go off when not expected. A friend learned the hard way, luckily just in the thigh rather than more important areas.
EEK!...:eek: :D
I've played a few of those less than quality knives and yeah , that would just be my luck to have it spring open , while in my pocket...
I would love to have a well made one...and will someday...
Andy

Last Edited:

Ay-ay-ay ... :eek:

My HK is an "automatic". Never thought of it as a switch blade though. I cant find them on line so don't think they make them, at least like mine.
It has an aluminum body and comes with a little wrench to take it apart for cleaning or remove the pocket clip.
It has never failed me, keeps an edge forever, plus if you hold your hand in front of it when you pull the slide the ejecting blade will not break skin albeit you will have to give it a tug to reset it. I got it maybe fifteen or twenty years ago and believe it costing over two hundred dollars!! I would never have bought it but my wife saw me drooling over it so bought it for Christmas one year. I'm very glad she did!
Funny thing, about 12 years ago I was in the Portland federal building looking to buy some topographical maps of Oregon and forgot I had it in my pocket when I had to empty my pockets for inspection (Federal building) I thought it was a goner, but they said they weren't sure and had to investigate it so kept it. they played with it, called their main office and their bosses came down and they played with it, all while I was in buying the state maps. When I returned to see if I could have it back they said they could not find it to be illegal and gave it back though it was nearly hot with all the use it got from the security folks.
They did ask me to leave it in the car next time.
Any way I highly recommend them if you can find one. hk1.JPG
hk2.JPG

You are correct in that they make great letter openers. But the gadget factor is high. Don't go for the cheap ones as they won't last. Here is a good site to look around.

OK, friends. Just placed an order for this blade. The little girl was on my lap whilst doing so; she argued against this, but rather the black handled one. Though her argument was almost unassailable (I am wearing a black shirt, ergo black knife) I still opted for the pearl one. Haha. :p

13-white-pearlex-bayo-large.jpg

For those wishing the link (@Kruel J, @Ura-Ki) here is this for you friends. :)

OK, friends. Just placed an order for this blade. The little girl was on my lap whilst doing so; she argued against this, but rather the black handled one. Though her argument was almost unassailable (I am wearing a black shirt, ergo black knife) I still opted for the pearl one. Haha. :p

View attachment 620953

For those wishing the link (@Kruel J, @Ura-Ki) here is this for you friends. :)
For those BIG FedEx envelopes.

A 13-incher, eh? Nice, but how will you carry it?

No plans to carry; its just going to be a gonzo letter opener. Though putting it in the back pocket of my khakis, it sticks out about a 1/2 inch. So, in theory, I could OC it; though I won't.

I think my next wacky mêlée weapon will be brass knuckles. Alas, it appears BladeHQ appears to be largely out.

I have purchased a few worry free autos from China and generally pay around $50 and rarely have any regrets and I don't mind waiting 3 weeks.
I also have my Gerber autos and a few other legit autos and I find myself grabbing my Chinese autos first before my others when it comes time to beat the crap out of them but that's just me
+1 For bladehq

I actually used this blade today whilst putting together another shed on the land with the wife. Whoever did the finishing work on the plastic parts was an incompetent jackass. Fortunately my new Italiano friend helped me clear out various components that should have been trimmed at the factory. And I got at least two laughs out of the wife, so win. :p

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top