JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
When dealing with statistics one has to be careful. The anti gun gun lobby has been twisting them for years to fit their agenda. When comparing the number of CPL's one must compare it to the number of eligible persons vs total population. This is one trick the anti's have been using for years using total population vs the number of people that actually fit the parameters. Roughly 25% of the population is under 21 so under Washington law that leaves about 5 million that are eligible. With felons and mentally ill people that aren't eligible the number would probably drop to around 4 million. So the percentage of eligible CPL holders that actually have a CPL rises to around 11% as opposed to the previous poster's 6.5% which is almost double. I am not trying to beat up on the previous poster as he\she is obviously pro carry, but you have to be careful when sprouting statistics.

When dealing with statistics one has to be careful. The anti gun gun lobby has been twisting them for years to fit their agenda. When comparing the number of CPL's one must compare it to the number of eligible persons vs total population. This is one trick the anti's have been using for years using total population vs the number of people that actually fit the parameters. Roughly 25% of the population is under 21 so under Washington law that leaves about 5 million that are eligible. With felons and mentally ill people that aren't eligible the number would probably drop to around 4 million. So the percentage of eligible CPL holders that actually have a CPL rises to around 11% as opposed to the previous poster's 6.5% which is almost double. I am not trying to beat up on the previous poster as he\she is obviously pro carry, but you have to be careful when sprouting statistics.

I've always wondered if there was a breakdown between CPLs issued to WA residents vs out of state residents.

Hmmm... I thought that if you have a CPlL you cannot open carry in public but concealed only?
I guess I need to read the law again... Too late tonight. Maybe tomorrow

Why would that even be a thought? The only thing the CPL does is ALLOW you to do things (conceal and carry in a motorized vehicle). It doesn't say anywhere that you CAN'T do something you could do before.

Don't get mad at open carry, get mad at violent thieves

Charges were filed yesterday in two different courts against different suspects in different crimes involving guns – one in Seattle the other in Everett – while good guys with guns began planning to "coffee up" next Wednesday, showing a contrast between legally-armed citizens and outlaws.

<broken link removed>

There's a suggestion for coffee shop visits next Wednesday a.m. July 31..in Seattle coffee shops...

Don’t get mad at open carry, get mad at violent thieves

Charges were filed yesterday in two different courts against different suspects in different crimes involving guns – one in Seattle the other in Everett – while good guys with guns began planning to “coffee up” next Wednesday, showing a contrast between legally-armed citizens and outlaws.

<broken link removed>

There's a suggestion for coffee shop visits next Wednesday a.m. July 31..in Seattle coffee shops...

I'd love to see this in the Fremont area. After all, they have their very own statue of Vladimir Lenin and have convinced themselves they are the center of the universe.

"Coffman passed a background check to get his CPL. He passed a background check when he bought his handgun. Maybe it's the other guy we ought to worry about."

While I do agree with the statement to some extent, I think we should try to clear the misconception that we need to pass a background check to exercise our rights...

Keep carrying gentlemen.

A giant cowboy revolver
Meaning a Colt pattern single action revolver. Sorry - I despise the use of the words 'Cowboy' or 'Cowboy Gun' when used to describe SA revolvers and lever action rifles. However I do have to agree this was a stupid, attention getting stunt. If you have a CHL then carry concealed. I mean why did you get it in the first place?

Meaning a Colt pattern single action revolver. Sorry - I despise the use of the words 'Cowboy' or 'Cowboy Gun' when used to describe SA revolvers and lever action rifles. However I do have to agree this was a stupid, attention getting stunt. If you have a CHL then carry concealed. I mean why did you get it in the first place?

I agree, why poke a bees nest.
Leftists wont change, they will always react irrationally and with utmost ignorance. Just keep em wondering who does and who doesn't. Give em zero ammo to react stupidly. They do that enough.

However I do have to agree this was a stupid, attention getting stunt. If you have a CHL then carry concealed. I mean why did you get it in the first place?

It hardly sounds like a stunt. It sounds like he had a nice day in the city and one ahole with no authority decided to give him grief. To which the OC'r didn't respond in any negative way. When the police arrived the OC'r handed over his ID and permit without any whining or complaining. Then the police let him proceed. . And those were Seattle Transit cops!!!

So where was the stunt?

Down here in Clark County I'm seeing more and more OC'rs. Saw one today at Subway. One day I saw two in one day.

Down here in SW WA, nobody cares about OC.

Sounds like the guy was just having a nice normal day; got hassled; handled it properly; was approached by some cops; handled it properly; and went on his way.

Hmmm... I thought that if you have a CPlL you cannot open carry in public but concealed only?
I guess I need to read the law again... Too late tonight. Maybe tomorrow

Years ago in Washington I took some basic firearms training at about the time I got my CPL and that is exactly what the instructor told us; if you have a permit to carry concealed you have to carry concealed. Just goes to show that you have a responsibility to yourself to do your own research.

While I do agree with the statement to some extent, I think we should try to clear the misconception that we need to pass a background check to exercise our rights...

Keep carrying gentlemen.

Agreed... The anti-Bill of Rights folks have been finding ways to reduce the numbers of those who take responsibility for their own safety and that of their families. Sadly, it is moving in the direction of having to fight for what is a Natural Right.

The purpose of the 2nd Amendment was and is to protect the citizens of the US from it's own government.

A point that bothers me in regards to this article... The crazy man was exercising his 1st Amendment right, and while I don't like his manner (and do like the manner of my 2A brother) he should not have had anything to fear from the gentleman carrying a sidearm.

The fact that the OC'ing citizen was large and had a magnum revolver on his hip does not earn him respect or distance.

I understand that prudence would indicate to the anti that pushing the issue too much could be dangerous, but it's a bad road to go down, trying to say that because he was big and armed that he deserves extra respect.

He deserves plenty of respect for being a good citizen. Not all of us receive what we deserve.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top