JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Hey all curious question. Just bought the new M&P 2.0 9 as the thread title says. Looking for opinions on the new trigger good bad or indifferent. Mines neither really audible or tactile and it feels a little gritty. Haven't obviously had a chance to get it out to the range. Just bought it today again like I said, just looking for thoughts comments, opinions good better and different. Love the looks of the new M&P. Thank you.

The two 9mm and two 10mm I owned were both audible and somewhat tactile when new. Pretty good right out of the box. The newly designed triggers are much better than the old ones - but if you find you don't like it, the Apex M&P triggers are out of this world. Best striker trigger in my option, and I've owned and upgraded most brands at some point in time. Hope that helps

The two 9mm and two 10mm I owned were both audible and somewhat tactile when new. Pretty good right out of the box. The newly designed triggers are much better than the old ones - but if you find you don't like it, the Apex M&P triggers are out of this world. Best striker trigger in my option, and I've owned and upgraded most brands at some point in time. Hope that helps
Thank you for the feedback! I'm sure I'll like it much better after I actually shoot it.

I have the Apex flat face trigger in mine...much better than curved, and much better feel than factory....closest thing to a 1911 trigger I've ever had.
I've never shot anything with an Apex in it! Sounds like I'm definitely missing out on it and need to try one. Steve we've chatted via email several times. I need to run over to Goldendale in the near future.

Last Edited:
The current version of M&Ps should really be labeled 2.2, not 2.0. They keep doing minor but useful updates. My metal has the new trigger and I find it shoots well. Shot it at Gunsite last weekend (been seeing lots of M&Ps there over the past few years). I'm also fine with the original 2.0 trigger. Heck, it's a bit on the crunchy side but my "1.0" trigger works as well, but I do like the newer versions better. I've been tempted to upgrade to the much better Apex on my "1.0", which are superb as noted by @Cerberus Group .

The other upgrade is a slightly more prominent slide stop. This was not standard on the original 2.0s but has been for a while. It's not a big deal but for some it will make manipulating the lever more positive.

The current version of M&Ps should really be labeled 2.2, not 2.0. They keep doing minor but useful updates. My metal has the new trigger and I find it shoots well. Shot it at Gunsite last weekend (been seeing lots of M&Ps there over the past few years). I'm also fine with the original 2.0 trigger. Heck, it's a bit on the crunchy side but my "1.0" trigger works as well, but I do like the newer versions better. I've been tempted to upgrade to the much better Apex on my "1.0", which are superb as noted by @Cerberus Group .

The other upgrade is a slightly more prominent slide stop. This was not standard on the original 2.0s but has been for a while. It's not a big deal but for some it will make manipulating the lever more positive.
I've talked to Cerberus before about aftermarket triggers in a carry gun. I hear a lot of good about the Apex though. I read if you put an Apex you want the duty trigger. I'm sure Cerberus could better answer that.

The full Apex kit comes with different springs so there's options for a dew different pull weights.

As said above, it's the closest you'll get to a tuned 1911 trigger...and polishing more of the contact areas makes them smoother.

The full Apex kit comes with different springs so there's options for a dew different pull weights.

As said above, it's the closest you'll get to a tuned 1911 trigger...and polishing more of the contact areas makes them smoother.
Just a little dry firing my flat face in my new 2.0 feels a touch gritty. Not sure if the characteristic will change when shoot live rounds! But I definitely look the feel and esthetics of it. Always have loved the ergonomics of the M&P's.

I've talked to Cerberus before about aftermarket triggers in a carry gun. I hear a lot of good about the Apex though. I read if you put an Apex you want the duty trigger. I'm sure Cerberus could better answer that.
My choice is all my carry guns have factory stock triggers (both my carry M&Ps are this way). I would be swapping out on a range gun. My preference is to have stock equipment on anything I carry. Some others choose differently and have good justification. I just think people should understand the potential implications of any modifications to a carry gun and be able to justify them if that gun gets used in a shooting. I have no doubt @Cerberus Group is more than capable of doing this.

My choice is all my carry guns have factory stock triggers (both my carry M&Ps are this way). I would be swapping out on a range gun. My preference is to have stock equipment on anything I carry. Some others choose differently and have good justification. I just think people should understand the potential implications of any modifications to a carry gun and be able to justify them if that gun gets used in a shooting. I have no doubt @Cerberus Group is more than capable of doing this.
I agree just my opinion. I've got to go shoot it to see if there's any difference in the trigger shooting live rounds vs dry fire!

The new flat triggers on the 2.0's...as others have said...is miles better than the curved trigger of previous iterations. The one's I've played with have been VERY shootable out of the box although I suspect there may be some variation unit to unit.

The Apex Flat Trigger, however, is still a solid upgrade and worth the money IMO.

What is the advantage of a flat trigger? Why are they better?

I have an Overwatch Precision falx (curved) trigger thats phenominal. Ive tried one flat trigger that was good too, but the physical shape of the trigger made no difference to me. My preference is for curved because thats what Im used to.

Not going to get into an argument of triggers on carry guns...only that a lot of SWAT guys I know run aftermarket triggers on their duty guns.

Kinda like the argument about using the same ammo that LE uses...if you're one that goes with that line of thinking...there's that.

What is the advantage of a flat trigger? Why are they better?

I have an Overwatch Precision falx (curved) trigger thats phenominal. Ive tried one flat trigger that was good too, but the physical shape of the trigger made no difference to me. My preference is for curved because thats what Im used to.
A curved trigger forces the finger into a certain position, a flat face does not.

We all have hands with fingers, but all different sizes and shapes however slight...just more forgiving to allow for these differences.

Last Edited:
A curved trigger forces the finger into a certain position, a flat face does not.

We all have hands with fingers, but all different sizes and shapes however slight...just more forgiving to allow fir these differences.
Ok that makes sense to me. I have large hands and find a natural grip on any pistol Ive tried so maybe thats why the flat faced triggers never stood out to me.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA

New Resource Reviews