JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
People!

People!

Learn to low crawl into the woods after you jump out your moving vehicle.

Once you get into the woods you can stand up and sssshhhhh, quiet as a wabbit, tippy toe though the woods to your hearts content.

People!

People!

Learn to low crawl into the woods after you jump out your moving vehicle.

Once you get into the woods you can stand up and sssshhhhh, quiet as a wabbit, tippy toe though the woods to your hearts content.

How are things in Texas in regards to public spaces, as in this threads discussion? Open? Open with restrictions? Closed?

Or is it left up to the Counties?

CF,

Texas is creakily re-opening...as in State Parks are re-opening, but hair stylist shop and bars are still closed. Though to be sure, I know of more than one operating on the QT...

Most of the original restrictions are officially still in place, but many simply go about their business as if they weren't....and aren't being arrested or harassed by L.E.

We're promised a slackening in official restrictions as we cautiously (well some anyway....) are returned to normalcy.

Whoever the shoe fits.

It doesn't fit me, and if you or anyone else here think it does, your mistaken.
But believe what you want.

My point that @308 disagreed with, I dont think he understood, and it's because i didn't explain it correctly.
I don't think that because most Americans are incapable of self governance that there SHOULD be a huge government takeover of control, I was merely observing that it is a natural consequence that happens as a result. I'm not bubbleguming happy about it and it hurts to the core to watch this once great country slide off into the abyss.
Also no, I don't believe for a second that .guv is more "qualified" to lead or are better at it than ourselves.

And furthermore, I haven't seen anyone on this forum post anything about wanting more government control, or trying to "run other people's lives". Since your a Mod and see more than me maybe you have.

Carry on.

Last Edited:
Meanwhile Florida tried a soft opening for their beaches and were overwhelmed with people ignoring social distancing.

I'm "extremely angry" that I haven't seen my dad in a month. That my business has taken a HUGE hit. That I hear people talking about how great it will be if .gov pushes through another stimulus so they can get more free money. That our economy is on the verge of a total collapse that will take YEARS to recover.

To me, there are about 1000 things to be more angry about then the damn forests being closed.

Meanwhile Florida tried a soft opening for their beaches and were overwhelmed with people ignoring social distancing.

I'm "extremely angry" that I haven't seen my dad in a month. That my business has taken a HUGE hit. That I hear people talking about how great it will be if .gov pushes through another stimulus so they can get more free money. That our economy is on the verge of a total collapse that will take YEARS to recover.

To me, there are about 1000 things to be more angry about then the damn forests being closed.

Regarding economic perspectives:

I haven't finished yet but there is some interesting stuff around inflation and debt collapse around the 40" mark.

Look people, it's simple - the media/government has been very clear

The Corona Rules:

1. Basically, you can't leave the house for any reason, but if you have to, then you can.
2. Masks are useless, but maybe you have to wear one, it can save you, it is useless, but maybe it is mandatory as well. Or not.
3. Stores are closed, except those that are open.
4. You should not go to hospitals unless you have to go there. Same applies to doctors, you should only go there in case of emergency, provided you are not too sick.
5. This virus is deadly but still not too scary, except that sometimes it actually leads to a global disaster. But it's not that bad really.
6. Gloves won't help, but they can still help.
7. Everyone needs to stay HOME, but it's important to GO OUT.
8. There is no shortage of groceries in the supermarket, but there are many things missing when you go there in the evening, but not in the morning. Sometimes.
9. The virus has no effect on children except those it affects.
10. Animals are not affected, but there is still a cat that tested positive in Belgium in February when no one had been tested, plus a few tigers here and there…
11. You will have many symptoms when you are sick, but you can also get sick without symptoms, have symptoms without being sick, or be contagious without having symptoms. Oh, my..
12. In order not to get sick, you have to eat well and exercise, but eat whatever you have on hand and it's better not to go out, well, but no…
13. It's better to get some fresh air, but you get looked at very wrong when you get some fresh air, and most importantly, you don't go to parks or walk. But don't sit down, except that you can do that now if you are old, but not for too long or if you are pregnant (but not too old).
14. You can't go to retirement homes, but you have to take care of the elderly and bring food and medication.
15. If you are sick, you can't go out, but you can go to the pharmacy.
16. You can get restaurant food delivered to the house, which may have been prepared by people who didn't wear masks or gloves. But you have to have your groceries decontaminated outside for 3 hours. Pizza too?
17. Every disturbing article or disturbing interview starts with " I don't want to trigger panic, but…"
18. You can't see your older mother or grandmother, but you can take a taxi and meet an older taxi driver.
19. You can walk around with a friend but not with your family if they don't live under the same roof.
20. You are safe if you maintain the appropriate social distance, but you can't go out with friends or strangers at the safe social distance.
21. The virus remains active on different surfaces for two hours, no, four, no, six, no, we didn't say hours, maybe days? But it takes a damp environment. Oh no, not necessarily.
22. The virus stays in the air - well no, or yes, maybe, especially in a closed room, in one hour a sick person can infect ten, so if it falls, all our children were already infected at school before it was closed. But remember, if you stay at the recommended social distance, however in certain circumstances you should maintain a greater distance, which, studies show, the virus can travel further, maybe.
23. We count the number of deaths but we don't know how many people are infected as we have only tested so far those who were "almost dead" to find out if that's what they will die of… except the ones we didn't test we just guessed.
24. We have no treatment, except that there may be one that apparently is not dangerous unless you take too much (which is the case with all medications).
25. We should stay locked up until the virus disappears, but it will only disappear if we achieve collective immunity, so when it circulates… but we must no longer be locked up for that?

I so livid about this abuse of power. How in the F are they going to close the outdoors?!
For social distancing? This is exactly social distancing.
if there is a stay at home order then that should apply to the 1000 people at home depot everyday, or costco, or fred meyer, etc etc.

This is about controlling the populace, punishing people, and screwing the people who they know are outdoorsmen or sportsman.
View attachment 686182View attachment 686183
I think it's less due to abuse of power and more due to overreaction of what happened at the beaches etc. Closing fishing and the forests is just plain stupid, no question. But I think it's due to an overreaction of poeple swamping the beaches and public parks. The states said "let's close everything so that doesn't happen again" (my guess, no inside info or anything like that).

We all know that indisciplined rabble swamping the beaches is not going to happen on a boat in the middle of the Columbia, or a gravel pit in the woods, so it is stupid for sure. Also I wonder if they are thinking if they close areas then more state employees can work at home and not have to manage those areas?

Again not trying to justify what they r doing because i think it is brainless. Just trying to think about why they did it.

I think it's less due to abuse of power and more due to overreaction of what happened at the beaches etc. Closing fishing and the forests is just plain stupid, no question. But I think it's due to an overreaction of poeple swamping the beaches and public parks. The states said "let's close everything so that doesn't happen again" (my guess, no inside info or anything like that).

We all know that indisciplined rabble swamping the beaches is not going to happen on a boat in the middle of the Columbia, or a gravel pit in the woods, so it is stupid for sure. Also I wonder if they are thinking if they close areas then more state employees can work at home and not have to manage those areas?

Again not trying to justify what they r doing because i think it is brainless. Just trying to think about why they did it.

A big part of the problem is, many 100s of thousands of people are not working. Seven days a week they're not working. Hell, there aren't that many people with weekends off when things are normal! All those people that WANT to go to the woods now, going to the woods? It would look like the Wilson river highway turnouts during a banner winter steelhead run in the Mt Hood National forest, and every other forest in Oregon that was anywhere near a population center. I'm surprised there haven't been 1000s that have already said "Screw it!" and gone to the woods. You could substitute "Boat Ramps & Beaches" for woods, in the above.

Too many people are ruining everything.

What I don't understand is why fishing is closed. There are boats, canoes and jet skiers out on the water.

Might be all those fishermen that stand shoulder to shoulder on a river snagging salmon... Or all the unsuccessful fishermen standing around my boat at the ramp gawking at the days catch... :D:D:D ... they are obviously not gonna observe social distancing.:eek::eek::eek:

Look people, it's simple - the media/government has been very clear

The Corona Rules:

1. Basically, you can't leave the house for any reason, but if you have to, then you can.
2. Masks are useless, but maybe you have to wear one, it can save you, it is useless, but maybe it is mandatory as well. Or not.
3. Stores are closed, except those that are open.
4. You should not go to hospitals unless you have to go there. Same applies to doctors, you should only go there in case of emergency, provided you are not too sick.
5. This virus is deadly but still not too scary, except that sometimes it actually leads to a global disaster. But it's not that bad really.
6. Gloves won't help, but they can still help.
7. Everyone needs to stay HOME, but it's important to GO OUT.
8. There is no shortage of groceries in the supermarket, but there are many things missing when you go there in the evening, but not in the morning. Sometimes.
9. The virus has no effect on children except those it affects.
10. Animals are not affected, but there is still a cat that tested positive in Belgium in February when no one had been tested, plus a few tigers here and there…
11. You will have many symptoms when you are sick, but you can also get sick without symptoms, have symptoms without being sick, or be contagious without having symptoms. Oh, my..
12. In order not to get sick, you have to eat well and exercise, but eat whatever you have on hand and it's better not to go out, well, but no…
13. It's better to get some fresh air, but you get looked at very wrong when you get some fresh air, and most importantly, you don't go to parks or walk. But don't sit down, except that you can do that now if you are old, but not for too long or if you are pregnant (but not too old).
14. You can't go to retirement homes, but you have to take care of the elderly and bring food and medication.
15. If you are sick, you can't go out, but you can go to the pharmacy.
16. You can get restaurant food delivered to the house, which may have been prepared by people who didn't wear masks or gloves. But you have to have your groceries decontaminated outside for 3 hours. Pizza too?
17. Every disturbing article or disturbing interview starts with " I don't want to trigger panic, but…"
18. You can't see your older mother or grandmother, but you can take a taxi and meet an older taxi driver.
19. You can walk around with a friend but not with your family if they don't live under the same roof.
20. You are safe if you maintain the appropriate social distance, but you can't go out with friends or strangers at the safe social distance.
21. The virus remains active on different surfaces for two hours, no, four, no, six, no, we didn't say hours, maybe days? But it takes a damp environment. Oh no, not necessarily.
22. The virus stays in the air - well no, or yes, maybe, especially in a closed room, in one hour a sick person can infect ten, so if it falls, all our children were already infected at school before it was closed. But remember, if you stay at the recommended social distance, however in certain circumstances you should maintain a greater distance, which, studies show, the virus can travel further, maybe.
23. We count the number of deaths but we don't know how many people are infected as we have only tested so far those who were "almost dead" to find out if that's what they will die of… except the ones we didn't test we just guessed.
24. We have no treatment, except that there may be one that apparently is not dangerous unless you take too much (which is the case with all medications).
25. We should stay locked up until the virus disappears, but it will only disappear if we achieve collective immunity, so when it circulates… but we must no longer be locked up for that?
Perfect. Strict, yet lenient.

. Because some numb nuts is going to get himself into trouble and require help. Reality is, you can go out into the woods. Just don't need any help or you may have a very large tab to pay. Of course, then you would really feel like you are being punished.

Is this any different than pre covid 19 ?

People do this every day. Granted the numbers are down, a lot, but the capacity to handle these situations is well in hand. Stupidity and human nature are why police and fire will always have jobs.

Agencies are generally not billing for services in most cases, since they would face tons of court challenges to this. Any temporary behavior modifications by people due to covid 19 will be summarily forgotten the minute any restrictions are lifted. People are so gdamn scared to go to the hospital now, they often won't go even for a valid reason.

Even with the issues of the day, when the call comes, police and fire / ems will respond and will deal with the issue. And will not bill for it other than possibly a normal ambulance charge.

Might be all those fishermen that stand shoulder to shoulder on a river snagging salmon...

I did not know that you had fished the hospital hole on the Trask or Mills Bridge on the Wilson ??? Those azzholes would pull their jacket back to show you their piece when they started botching about "their space". I seen some crazy sh*t go on there years ago. Guns fishing and whiskey, weed and beer ...what could possibly go wrong there ??

Or all the unsuccessful fishermen standing around my boat at the ramp gawking at the days catch... :D:D:D ... they are obviously not gonna observe social distancing.:eek::eek::eek:

Holy sh&t brother...I laughed my azz off at this one...glad to see all this crap has not hurt that sense of humor..take care

I am not saying to go out and ignore laws and regulations....

But if one does get the urge to go outside and play :

Stay away from "hotspots" ...like trail heads , main entrances , popular trails , etc...
Go alone...or with a small select group...
Stay quiet...Both when outside and no "Blabbing" about it later....

I posted about this right when the first restrictions were put in place. The state police were patrolling OHV areas here in Central Oregon by air and directing ground troopers in to violators. They do their job as told, nothing personal most are great people.

I have not noticed any of this going on in the last 3 weeks, so maybe something changed, but you are being watched out even in the most remote spots you might think.

I posted about this right when the first restrictions were put in place. The state police were patrolling OHV areas here in Central Oregon by air and directing ground troopers in to violators. They do their job as told, nothing personal most are great people.

I have not noticed any of this going on in the last 3 weeks, so maybe something changed, but you are being watched out even in the most remote spots you might think.
They may, have to hope maybe, getting some push back for some LEO's. Most who take this line of work are great. There are always a few jerks, it's life. Most at the start I am sure believed the same panic crap we all did. Then it got impossible to hide that those in power knew full well they were wrong and began flat out lying. Now I would hope some LEO's are no longer willing to "just follow orders" because they are told too. The people in power who want to control can only do so if the people in enforcement under them will follow their orders.

Unbelievable!!!!
The holy grail of a state over playing it

Upcoming Events

Rifle Mechanics
Sweet Home, OR
Handgun Self Defense Fundamentals
Sweet Home, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews