JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions

I so livid about this abuse of power. How in the F are they going to close the outdoors?!
For social distancing? This is exactly social distancing.
if there is a stay at home order then that should apply to the 1000 people at home depot everyday, or costco, or fred meyer, etc etc.

This is about controlling the populace, punishing people, and screwing the people who they know are outdoorsmen or sportsman.
F9ECABE0-0081-4742-A7FC-AC96C03E60DB.jpeg 4CBC3491-7830-4AC7-8ADC-7F0CAB482CD4.jpeg

They just want to control and push people.

if nothing else they don't want to pay their people to be out policing so they just close everything.

If this isn't tyranny at it's finest.
Seriously what percentage of people would actually be out there? Like people would be congregating together in the deep woods?!
I can understand closing camp grounds and parks but trails?
Really?

Go to home depot on a sunday there's a line of people 3ft apart as long as the store.
somehow thats ok

I feel like you may have missed a few things . . .

Not saying Home Depot aint a S**t Show, but :rolleyes:

While I agree with you for the most part, your missing the big picture the areas they have closed only make a fraction of the whole forest all that green area is still open. If you want to hike go to a closed gate and walk that road or just park somewhere and start hiking, you can intersect trails just dont park right by the trail head. You can pull over anywhere you have a earthen back stop with a safe sight distance and start shooting! Again not that I agree, but if they left those areas open they would be packed with people camping and hiking just like they did at the coast and Columbia Gorge.
Stay safe and go have some fun!!!

Stacy

I go to the forest, in my own car, by myself, and enjoy solitude. If someone tickets me for that then I'll challenge it through the process when it happens. Until then I am enjoying nature.

I feel like you may have missed a few things . . .

Not saying Home Depot aint a S**t Show, but :rolleyes:

One of the oldest tricks in the book is to hold a press conference on a Friday evening, knowing nobody will pay attention and the press will not latch on. Then use said as an excuse - "nobody listened! Now I am "forced" to take the next step!" Classic leading from the rear.

I so livid about this abuse of power. How in the F are they going to close the outdoors?!
For social distancing? This is exactly social distancing.
if there is a stay at home order then that should apply to the 1000 people at home depot everyday, or costco, or fred meyer, etc etc.

This is about controlling the populace, punishing people, and screwing the people who they know are outdoorsmen or sportsman.
View attachment 686182View attachment 686183
They did the same here in Idaho. Apparently it puts first responders at risk when the #virus-deniers take their filthy Covidiot1984 infested bodies out into the woods and crash their ORV

As I have observed......

Some families are using this unemployment break time (w/ break in monetary obligations) as a chance to go on "vacation". Then....one family on vacation just seems to attract another and another. :eek:

Rrrright.......when this stay at home stuff was just beginning I can remember seeing the Public Park full of vehicles. Vehicles were even parking along the roadsides.

Aloha, Mark

With everything else that's closed, unemployment at an all time high and our economy basically flushed down the crapper I can think of other things to get fired up out besides not being able to go searching for Sasquatch.

Well this past week I can tell you there were as many or more turkey hunters in the OR national forest than ever...and opening day was a Wednesday. So what about those state and fed folks who manage public lands? They still gettin paid (I mean are we still paying them) even though they are not on patrol or working on "developed" sites?

They did the same here in Idaho. Apparently it puts first responders at risk when the #virus-deniers take their filthy Covidiot1984 infested bodies out into the woods and crash their ORV
I live on 78. It's been a steady stream of motorcycles, quads, SXSs, and horses being towed back and forth. I've been out in the Owyhees 3 times in the last 10 days. Harley traffic on any given week day is what I'd normally see on a holiday weekend. Lots of large groups riding together. Idaho won't be told to stay at home. I highly recommend our friends to the west continue to live like free(ish) citizens as well.

With everything else that's closed, unemployment at an all time high and our economy basically flushed down the crapper I can think of other things to get fired up out besides not being able to go searching for Sasquatch.
You just made the perfect argument to go out solitary in the woods, lol. I missed the part where OP was looking for mythical creatures.

I live on 78. It's been a steady stream of motorcycles, quads, SXSs, and horses being towed back and forth. I've been out in the Owyhees 3 times in the last 10 days. Harley traffic on any given week day is what I'd normally see on a holiday weekend. Lots of large groups riding together. Idaho won't be told to stay at home. I highly recommend our friends to the west continue to live like free(ish) citizens as well.
The Owyhee county 'officials' put out a memo a couple weeks ago asking people, especially out of county folks, to stay away. I believe they were promptly ignored regardless of vain attempts to socially shame folks on FB. We've been out at Hemingway Butte, Rabbit Creek, Tiddy Springs and up in the Boise hills. Nobody official says anything about it when they pass by.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top