JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I've only been on this site for 3 years or so. One of the most interesting and useful things to me is having the benefit of all the members experience. So here goes: I was recently exposed to an ADCOR 223. A piston gun, similar I believe to the Ruger product. I'd like to know if any of you own or have any live fire experience with this product. I looked up all I could on line but I feel it's much better to hear it from the "horses mouth".

Piston ar. Meh, they work o.k. in semi. Looks like another boutique rifle to me. Over 2k for any ar seems a bit excessive, don't drink that Kool aid.

2k for a AR serious I don't have a SCAR for this reason HK 416 IS 1800 bucks or more .
But im not walking into BIN LADEN'S BEDROOM that's.a gun for people that do work .

My problem with the piston guns is no parts interchangeability between different
manufactures. :( Standard AR gas impingement system rifle parts are interchangeable
and parts are available everywhere.
Gun bans, SHTF doomsday, and manufacture going out of business or discontinue are some scenarios that
can affect availability of parts for piston rifles.:oops:
Where do you want to go? Long range accuracy, 3-gun, run and gun, or??:rolleyes:
Great deals on AR rifles right now. ;) You buy/build several custom ARs for under $2K.

Last Edited:
2k for a AR serious I don't have a SCAR for this reason HK 416 IS 1800 bucks or more .
But im not walking into BIN LADEN'S BEDROOM that's.a gun for people that do work .
CZ Bren 805, AUG, AK, etc. Piston guns I'd spend my money before I consider a SCAR-16 (if you go SCAR, go big with .308 or go home) or HK MR556.
My problem with the piston guns is no parts interchangeability between different
manufactures. :( Standard AR gas impingement system rifle parts are interchangeable
and parts are available everywhere.
Gun bans, SHTF doomsday, and manufacture going out of business or discontinue are some scenarios that
can affect availability of parts for piston rifles.:oops:
Ware do you want to go? Long range accuracy, 3-gun, run and gun, or??:rolleyes:
Great deals on AR rifles right now. ;) You buy/build several custom ARs for under $2K.
As with anything, carry spares. Really, with piston ARs you can literally just change the uppers, for the most part. The only change is the gas system and bolt carrier.

As for the OP, man just shoot it and enjoy it. Some people like piston ARs, some don't. Personally, I like PWS and LWRC as far as piston ARs go. Its kinda hard to mess up a short-stroke piston design at this point, so you should be good.

Its just an AR though, so get some ammo and shoot. Hell, bring others.

Bobo. When is happy clown day? week? Is it coming? Please keep us informed so we can celebrate a special time with ya. :D
Everday, but the only guns I got on the list I made is an AK and the AUG. :( For now. ;)
I have some Arsenal ammo but there guns are exspesive I think too exspesive the ammo is exspesive
An Arsenal 106FR is cheap compared to the AUG. Not even kidding. I spent $1,600-$1,700 (somewhere in that range) just for the rifle. The extended rail was around $100, and the ACOG was $700.

I don't even have close into my wasr or STG-58 what I've put into the AUG.

Bobo. When is happy clown day? week? Is it coming? Please keep us informed so we can celebrate a special time with ya. :D
I work for a company that has to do with MacDonald's so every day is happy CLOWN day . HEHEE but if I see RONALD WITH A AK 47 I'M OUT . HAVE YOU EVEN SEEN RONALD UP CLOSE HE IS SCARY

I work for a company that has to do with MacDonald's so every day is happy CLOWN day . HEHEE but if I see RONALD WITH A AK 47 I'M OUT . HAVE YOU EVEN SEEN RONALD UP CLOSE HE IS SCARY
Ronald and I have a mutual agreement. If he gets an a weapon, its war between clowns.

6a00d8341c39e853ef014e8882c71a970d-320wi.jpg 1-116.jpg

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top