JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Crazy parents....

I've had great luck with dealings on this site.

This spring I was gonna buy a used new boat. Found one I liked on craigslist in southern Oregon. Called and text the guy a bunch. Sounded like a great guy and great boat. He was firm on his price, was looking to get out of what he owed, 22k.
I was ready to buy, cash in hand. The day before I was gonna drive down and buy it, he flaked out on me. Wouldn't answer my calls or text, the next day sent me a lame excuse...

Since then, he has re listed the ad and has dropped the price down to 20k.

I passed on his boat and found one local a week later with a honest seller.

Pt Defiance to Vashon to west Seattle ,drive downtown to the ferry dock then to Bremerton
You live in Pt Orchard and you don't know this?
Oh and bring an overnight bag

I know, but it is much faster to drive.
I rarely use the ferry. It is faster and less expensive to drive depending on the time and place I am going.

"Personally, I would have bought the gun and then taken gramps and the kid shooting with it..............as many times as possible" :):D

I did offer, but never heard back from him.
They had taken the gun out plinking, but the feeling I got from the parents was that they were worried that gramps might do something to the kid, then himself.
It was very strange to say the least.

Yeah, you have to wonder if guys who do that are legit.

The buyer wants it, has the cash, wants to pay the price, and they flake out.

Are they just trying to get someone to show up with that much cash so they can rob him? :confused:

Good way to shot:D Most guys buying guns for cash are carrying guns. Plus they have told people who they are going to meet and what time they will return. Plus leave the phone number and website the deal was made on. Guy would be nuts to try to rob you.o_O

I had done some dealings on Outdoors Trader a few years ago. Fortunately I had decent responses. Never dealt with Armslist...

On this site, I've had a few stupid lowballers. I've had a few (ok, maybe 2) sellers that wouldn't respond appropriately. Those guys get put on the "mental ignore" list. If I use the Ignore List on the forum, I won't get to see the crap they are spouting. It's nice to see that my suspicions are confirmed.

There was one guy that I didn't leave feedback for. He had something for sale. Said yes, then changed his mind. Then changed his mind again. Took a while to hook up cuz he was wishy washy... Not sure it warranted Negative feedback, but knew it didn't warrant Positive feedback.

Fortunately, almost everyone that I've dealt with on this site have been stand up guys. In fact, I've had 5 dealings within the last few weeks that went seamlessly.
Good folks here.
And, with very few exceptions, the problems come from new, inexperienced members.

The feedback you can check on is a nice idea, but not foolproof.

Good way to shot:D Most guys buying guns for cash are carrying guns. Plus they have told people who they are going to meet and what time they will return. Plus leave the phone number and website the deal was made on. Guy would be nuts to try to rob you.o_O

Yeah my wife asked me that a few times. I am not to worried as always have a weapon and figure the same for who I am dealing with. Plus if they give you a number to call and you have all the info on your computer I am not to worried.

I know, but it is much faster to drive.
I rarely use the ferry. It is faster and less expensive to drive depending on the time and place I am going.
It was a joke ya know... I lived in Manchester and drove the 16 to and from work every day
BTW I dug about half of the toll plaza out while working on the approaches to the new bridge

I'm sorry you have dealt with children.

Hopefully your run around with them is over and real men will change your view.

Internet anonymity is terrible. I have flawless stats as well as many others on this board. Filter who you deal with and ignore the BS lowballers who think this is a game.

Your problem is that you based the firearm crowd upon kids on Facebook and no feedback sites like that and Armslist.

That's where the immature kids hang out. I'm almost 33 and believe I have more common sense and respect than the majority of people on Fakebook and Armslist.

You'd be surprised how many members here post in Armslist and Facebook and act like total asshats. They don't do it here because of the rating system and the community that for the most part keeps stupidity in check.

My response saying it might be a ripoff was regarding the speedboat on CL.

You see those from time to time there - but they are usually the kind where they want you to send a check or something like that.

Such a person probably wouldn't know you would be armed unless you let it slip some other way.

I've had poor experiences on Armslist - generally people who are all over the place about what they want to pay - I tell them no, I won't accept their offer, then they counter-offer and eventually I accept, then they counter-offer with less or a different trade. One guy I just had to ignore because he was all over the map with the trade, every message was something different.

I am very careful about CL purchases - I check out where they are on google and so on to make sure I am not showing up in some bad area in downtown Portland with a bunch of cash.

Armed or not, a deal like that could wind up being bad and I just would rather not deal with it.

You'd be surprised how many members here post in Armslist and Facebook and act like total asshats. They don't do it here because of the rating system and the community that for the most part keeps stupidity in check.

If that's the case, and unless I'm wrong (you guys can correct me if I am), couldn't you also leave feedback about those same folks if you know they're NWFA members? I mean, I don't recall that the feedback here has to be from a deal done only on NWFA. I know that's the general idea, but if you know you're dealing with an NWFA member, and they're acting like an a$$ just because they're outside of NWFA, I'd want to know about it. Even when I sell on Armslist, I do ask if they're an NWFA member so we can exchange feedback. Am I wrong in doing that guys? Seems the more you know about how folks act, the better for everyone. I do run into NWFA members through Armslist, in fact, I became an NWFA member after being introduced to the site by a member here after I made a sale to a member via Armslist.

Thoughts?

If that's the case, and unless I'm wrong (you guys can correct me if I am), couldn't you also leave feedback about those same folks if you know they're NWFA members? I mean, I don't recall that the feedback here has to be from a deal done only on NWFA. I know that's the general idea, but if you know you're dealing with an NWFA member, and they're acting like an a$$ just because they're outside of NWFA, I'd want to know about it. Even when I sell on Armslist, I do ask if they're an NWFA member so we can exchange feedback. Am I wrong in doing that guys? Seems the more you know about how folks act, the better for everyone. I do run into NWFA members through Armslist, in fact, I became an NWFA member after being introduced to the site by a member here after I made a sale to a member via Armslist.

Thoughts?

I think if you ask if they are a NWFA member and they say yes and you establish identities, the that's totally acceptable. My statement was referring more to the guys that try to fly below radar outside these boards. There's one who admins a Facebook group and is a complete tool to everyone there for example, I can almost guarantee that he wouldn't / doesn't behave in such a manner here though. I've also had experiences via armslist with members here who didn't remember me or didn't recognize me, that were borderline insulting. Offering ridiculous trades or offers, becoming insulting when I politely decline.

It's almost as if they endeavor to behave themselves within this community but their true colors come through outside the gages.

It should be noted though, that these are more of an acception than a rule. For the most part most of the people with a track record here are great people and have been awesome to get to know.

I agree.
Take me for an example.

If I were more of an acception, you would put up with my spelling Naziism, with the exception of those times when I was incorrect.

:):):):p:p:p:p:p:p:D:D:D:p:p:p:p

NO TRADE RATING! But-Hey, just look at all the likes you have! What I don't understand is how a member like yourself, active on the board, well liked, firearm enthusiast and all around nice guy, can not have bought and sold a few things?
:s0092:

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads