Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Everett/Snohomish County standard issue pistol cartridge?

Discussion in 'General Firearm Discussion' started by The Brofessor, Jun 10, 2013.

1. The Brofessor

The Brofessor Everett New Member

Does anyone happen to know what pistol cartridge is standard issue to either the Everett Police Department or Snohomish County Sheriff's office? I've asked a LEO once but only got a weird look in return. :huh: If someone could enlighten me, I'd greatly appreciate it.

2. soyeah

soyeah WA New Member

At last check SCSO was using .40S&W. That was several years ago but I haven't heard any rumblings of change since then.

3. The Brofessor

Any ideas on the brand or models?

4. soyeah

soyeah WA New Member

No directives on brand or model were given. It was (is?) a supply-your-own-gun agency, so the particulars were up to each deputy as long as it was .40S&W. Again, this may be outdated info.

5. deen_ad

deen_ad Vancouver, WA Well-Known Member

So, they could carry Black Talon for a duty round?

6. The Brofessor

7. soyeah

soyeah WA New Member

Sorry, I was referring to the gun. The conversation never extended to any requirements for the bullets themselves so I have no idea what they recommend/require. A quick check with one of the other people involved in that original discussion shows that my memory isn't to be trusted--the deputies in that era were apparently pointed toward the Glock 22. I'm not sure if that's still the case though, because it looks like there was discussion in 2009 about switching to the M&P40. Unknown if that switch actually occurred.

Last edited: Jun 10, 2013
  8. deen_ad

deen_ad Vancouver, WA Well-Known Member

Actually it did as the OP's question was:

9. Nwcid

Nwcid Yakima and N of Spokane Well-Known Member

Not sure if you are joking or not.

I would assume they are required to keep "fresh" ammo in their gun and the last talon produced was in 2000.......

10. soyeah

soyeah WA New Member

The conversation I had with a deputy didn't extend to the bullets, just the guns. I thought the OP was wondering which caliber they used.