JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
So I'm curious if anyone here has experience with both epoxy and acraglass. I have a small repair to make on a peice of wood "furniture" and I have some black industrial epoxy I could use but I'm wondering if I should hold off and wait for acraglass? I know both would probably work but I also know acraglass is kinda specifically for this kinda thing. There isn't really any way to mechanically bond the two pieces together besides the glue.

This is a small chip on a very broad corner so it's kinda shallow but fairly wide. The wood is birch or beech wood its diamond shaped about and roughly 1" long and about .5" wide. Maybe .25"- .325" high.

the epoxy I have is a 1 hour cure time.
IIRC acraglass is a polyester based adhesive isn't it?

kinda tired of kicking this can down the road and would love to wrap this project up.

any advice would be appreciated, thanks.

I spent 14 years as a custom knifemaker bonding all manner of wood and other materials to steel with Devcon 5min epoxy. Now almost 40 years later I see some of those knives and the Bond is just like new. Make sure the surfaces are clean, and have some texture for the epoxy to grab on to. You will be fine,

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top