JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Went down to the Hillsboro gun show, it was kinda what i expected, not bad, sumthin to do...I am curently lookin for either a Taraus or Dan Wesson 44 revolver...They had a few S&W 629's there that were pretty nice, but all of them were around $730-$830...hoping to pay a lil less than that...gonna go to the Expo show this weekend & have a look around...Anyways, i have been kicking around the idea of getting a shotgun for a while now, and today i got one...Mossberg 500 pistol grip with the door-buster barrel...I had never heard of the door-buster till today, i just thought it was a muzzle break. Used for breaching doors, the guy was sayin they use it to put up against door nobs & blow them out..Also, I read that they use Door Buster rounds & the slots in the barrel equalize the pressure inside the barell so it doesnt damage the gun....Anyways, i REALLY dig it, my first shotgun, and it looks and handles pretty slick!...
:s0155:

Photo01311604.jpg

Photo01311604_1.jpg

Photo01311606.jpg

Mossberg 500 pistol grip with the door-buster barrel...I had never heard of the door-buster till today, i just thought it was a muzzle break. Used for breaching doors, the guy was sayin they use it to put up against door nobs & blow them out..

This ought to make for a hellava story next time you forget your house keys.....:cool:

how much did you pay for it? :) You can get the Mossberg 500 18.5" with pistol grip extra kit at Bi-mart for $299. It might not have fancy stuff on it, but it's a basic Mossberg for home defense.

Went down to the Hillsboro gun show, it was kinda what i expected, not bad, sumthin to do...I am curently lookin for either a Taraus or Dan Wesson 44 revolver...They had a few S&W 629's there that were pretty nice, but all of them were around $730-$830...hoping to pay a lil less than that...gonna go to the Expo show this weekend & have a look around...Anyways, i have been kicking around the idea of getting a shotgun for a while now, and today i got one...Mossberg 500 pistol grip with the door-buster barrel...I had never heard of the door-buster till today, i just thought it was a muzzle break. Used for breaching doors, the guy was sayin they use it to put up against door nobs & blow them out..Also, I read that they use Door Buster rounds & the slots in the barrel equalize the pressure inside the barell so it doesnt damage the gun....Anyways, i REALLY dig it, my first shotgun, and it looks and handles pretty slick!...
:s0155:

The last ARPC show had quite a few no lock 629s in the $500-650 price range :s0155:

I payed about 350 for it, may be a bit over what i could have got it for, but thats ok...I saw it, had the money & wanted it today....Also, anyone know a good site for accesories for this thing? There is a point to attach a sling, on the back left side, but nuthin to hook it to up front... I guess it'll be a sling that is just basicly a loop or sumthin.

I payed about 350 for it, may be a bit over what i could have got it for, but thats ok...I saw it, had the money & wanted it today....Also, anyone know a good site for accesories for this thing? There is a point to attach a sling, on the back left side, but nuthin to hook it to up front... I guess it'll be a sling that is just basicly a loop or sumthin.

NICE. I want to get one! Shotguns are devastating weapons only thing handguns have going for them is concealability.

Yea ive heard to get the no lock models if i go the S&W route...What exactly ddoes that mean? the no lock i mean....

Well for one there is no hole in the side of the gun for the lock (its on the left side, right above the cylinder latch)

Also it is a representation of S&W giving into pressure from the Clinton administration for "safer guns", and its a sign that they think we really aren't smart/safe enough to own normal guns without a lock on it.

The locks can fail (very rare, but documented), leaving the gun disabled until you pull the side plate off. (not a field/combat fix).

Lastly, around the same time, S&W dropped their quality of production significantly, and also went to MIM parts. (although there are some guns with MIM parts, and bad fitting that do not have locks, usually found in the dash series right before the ones with the locks)

Typically I have found that the earlier the smith is in its line, the better it is, unless there was a major problem that needed to be corrected. But usually you are getting a high quality gun with the earlier guns.

Some things to look for without knowing the dash series, first off is obviously the hole in the side. Secondly, if its a stainless gun, does it have a "silver" colored trigger/hammer, or a dark case hardened one. Usually the case hardened or dark MIM triggers/hammers are a sign of a newer gun. (unless someone decided to swap in different parts) (And one thing to note is that there is a downside to the stainless triggers, which is why S&W switched back to case hardened and MIM action parts on stainless guns)

It should have came with a stud to thread into the end of the mag tube. In a tiny yellow envolpe in the box.

Ah crap, yea they didnt give that to me.....or the allen wrench that the manual says it comes with. Allen wrench is no biggie i have my own, but i'll have to see if i can order a stud or put a screw in there or sumthin...

Have you actually shot your new shotgun yet? Once you do, I don't think you'll be so happy about it. I had one with the standard barrel, and got rid of it after it busted my lip (I can't hit nothing from the hip with a PGO, I hold it up to my face like a fool and look down the bead like it still has a stock). I even had a hogue forend on mine, which is easier to hang onto with. With the factory hard plastic forend, it would slip out of my hand sometimes even using 2 3/4" birdshot.

I paid $319 for mine, but this was a year or two ago too. I wouldn't mind another PGO simply because of the small size and coolness factor, but I don't miss my front teeth sticking through one side of my lip in the least bit.

@ Glockguy: Very nice, u have all the stuff i'm going to get too...I want the flashlight mount that fits on under the barrel though...I think its made by SureShot or somebody. Its kinda spendy though....I also want that same type stock, shell holder of some kind, and maybe get a longer barrel for if i wanna shoot some clay targets sometime or sumthin....Nice work on yours though! Inspiring, lol....I was cruising around the net last night lookin for all the different stuff I could put on there.

Have you actually shot your new shotgun yet? Once you do, I don't think you'll be so happy about it. I had one with the standard barrel, and got rid of it after it busted my lip (I can't hit nothing from the hip with a PGO, I hold it up to my face like a fool and look down the bead like it still has a stock). I even had a hogue forend on mine, which is easier to hang onto with. With the factory hard plastic forend, it would slip out of my hand sometimes even using 2 3/4" birdshot.

I paid $319 for mine, but this was a year or two ago too. I wouldn't mind another PGO simply because of the small size and coolness factor, but I don't miss my front teeth sticking through one side of my lip in the least bit.

+1, I used to want a pistol grip shotgun until I shot a few and now I will never own one.

You should go to the Portland show there's this guy I forget which business but he has like 10-12 tables of rail accessories and sells pretty much everything you would want for a mossberg or remington shotgun, from side shell carriers, other forends to attach laser, lights it vertical grips. To get your mouth wet, check out mesa tactical on Google. Be prepared for a sore forearm if you shoot that thing with the original pistol grip. I just bought a Knoxx copstock with the recoil reducing springs inside the pistol grip, shot my police magnum one handed all day, recoil was like shooting a 20gauge birdshot.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top