JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
So I travel alot to Seattle, and its really dangerous there i.e gangs, homeless people and criminals, especially when in buses, crazy people are in there, I wanted to know if there are any like knife or weapon sales in the budget of 100-120$ that i can use for protection, in case something happens, anyone got sales?

So I travel alot to Seattle, and its really dangerous there i.e gangs, homeless people and criminals, especially when in buses, crazy people are in there, I wanted to know if there are any like knife or weapon sales in the budget of 100-120$ that i can use for protection, in case something happens, anyone got sales?
I know what people are going to say "just don't go there" but I'm a big fan of exploring cities and such and my family is there so kind've want to visit them

Last downtown Seattle trip I took, I brought along a naval cutlass. In the car . Basically to repel boarders.

Cheap enough to leave behind, weird enough to make a splash with the locals, and still effective in it's assigned role.
Didn't count on having to valet my vehicle at Virginia Mason. I assume that my choice of armament was either not noticed by the all Somali crew, or they appreciated it ( pirates, lol)

Pepper spray is the only viable option in that price range. Knives are more likely to be used against you, and have legal regulations. $100-120 for a gun is not enough to get something I would trust my life to.

Slightly over budget, but...

Great for zombies... a.k.a Seattle locals. Try to get them lined up before a shot and you may get two with a single bolt.

Pepper spray is the only viable option in that price range. Knives are more likely to be used against you, and have legal regulations. $100-120 for a gun is not enough to get something I would trust my life to.
Word! A knife is too little, too late. If it devolves into contact sports, you are likely to lose. A big canister of bear spray would be best, since others in the area may also turn on you. Yet, LEARN how and when to use OC as most deployments are screwed up and far less effective than they could be.

Training...

If your asking others advice I suspect most of what you choose could get you arrested or place you in the hospital with a proctologist preforming an emergency extraction.

Safest choice for untrained would be the previously suggested pepper spray. Do some research as they come in different "flavors".

Last downtown Seattle trip I took, I brought along a naval cutlass. In the car . Basically to repel boarders.

Cheap enough to leave behind, weird enough to make a splash with the locals, and still effective in it's assigned role.
Didn't count on having to valet my vehicle at Virginia Mason. I assume that my choice of armament was either not noticed by the all Somali crew, or they appreciated it ( pirates, lol)
I mean you are old enough to be from the golden age of piracy so not surprised ;)

Yikes! Danger Will Robinson!

Unless you are actually trained in the use of blades for self-defense, just friggin' forget about taking a knife anywhere as a defensive weapon.

Buy a Mk 4 size canister of OC in at least 1.3% formulation. DefTech, Sabre, Fox, whatever. Buy the training canister with it, and practice how to spray OC effectively.

And when you're perambulating about greater Seattle, keep your stupid smartphone in a pocket and your head on a swivel.

In Seattle you're gonna need the Kurgan's sword for sure.
93C224FB-86FC-48B1-B167-EFE8D6B155E9.jpeg

Word! A knife is too little, too late. If it devolves into contact sports, you are likely to lose. A big canister of bear spray would be best, since others in the area may also turn on you. Yet, LEARN how and when to use OC as most deployments are screwed up and far less effective than they could be.
Wrong…. The answer is:

IMG_2188.jpeg

As mentioned best thing in your budget is some defensive spray. This place makes one that beats OC by a mile but its not easy to buy:

You have to jump through some hoops to get them to sell to you as an individual but they will. When I first saw it demonstrated I thought it was hype till I got to hear it from some LEO's who do not work for them. They found a way to stabilize the old CS Tear Gas and the stuff is devastating to the person sprayed while not gassing everyone around including you. It was originally designed and sold for health care.

Dye your hair purple and wear copiousness amount of make-up. The Seattle police will bend over backwards for your safety.

Aside from that, homicides has doubled since 2019 in Seattle (story here ). That was more than during the 'Summer of Love'. A knife is better then a spoon when nothing else is available but note they, the criminals, have firearms. That said, stay away from certain areas at night and stay safe.

Naval Cutlass you say?
1712054003729.png
Training available at Fort Vancouver?

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR