JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
So I sent this email on Friday to ALL Washington Senators and Reps....

As of Monday end of day, I've heard back from exactly 2. Larry Hoff was first, and Vicki Kraft was second.
Maybe I was too blunt. Sorry, but I'm not going to listen to advice that says, don't quote the constitution. Yeah, that's what got us started down the wrong path years ago... compromise.

How bout some feedback on the letter?

Senators & Representatives
What influences your votes?
Is it conviction?
Is it your personal belief? Or your life's experience?
Do you vote the will of your constituents?
Do you take the easy way and vote with your party or the harder, but more truthful path?
I'd like to personally ask each and every one of you to please do not vote for any of the gun control related bills under consideration.
I ask this, for one very simple reason
Section 24 of our State Constitution, could not be more clear.
(pic of section24)
The Definition of Impaired is also very clear: (Pic of definition from websters)
Synonyms for the word are very descriptive. (Pic of synonyms from thesaurus
Having been reminded of these facts, I ask you, How can you support ANY gun control bills? How can you legislate away our State Constitution?
Please don't virtue signal away our rights with a vote for more gun control. Take A Stand for the right process and the LAW.
Thank you all - both Democratic and Republican, for serving the people of Washington!

Last Edited:
So I sent this email on Friday to ALL Washington Senators and Reps....

As of Monday end of day, I've heard back from exactly 2. Larry Hoff was first, and Vicki Kraft was second.
Maybe I was too blunt. Sorry, but I'm not going to listen to advice that says, don't quote the constitution. Yeah, that's what got us started down the wrong path years ago... compromise.

How bout some feedback on the letter?

Senators & Representatives
What influences your votes?
Is it conviction?
Is it your personal belief? Or your life's experience?
Do you vote the will of your constituents?
Do you take the easy way and vote with your party or the harder, but more truthful path?
I'd like to personally ask each and every one of you to please do not vote for any of the gun control related bills under consideration.
I ask this, for one very simple reason
Section 24 of our State Constitution, could not be more clear.
(pic of section24)
The Definition of Impaired is also very clear: (Pic of definition from websters)
Synonyms for the word are very descriptive. (Pic of synonyms from thesaurus
Having been reminded of these facts, I ask you, How can you support ANY gun control bills? How can you legislate away our State Constitution?
Please don't virtue signal away our rights with a vote for more gun control. Take A Stand for the right process and the LAW.
Thank you all - both Democratic and Republican, for serving the people of Washington!
My guess is too many questions for starters. Can you share the two responses you received?

I assure you that I am an ardent supporter of our 2nd Amendment and will oppose any effort to slowly erode those rights.

Representative Larry Hoff
Washington State House of Representatives | 18th Legislative District
406 John L. O'Brien Building | Olympia, WA 98504 | 360.786.7812

Thank you for your email and comments in opposition to gun control bills.
I have spoken out for, voted for and will continue to support your 2nd amendment rights.
I appreciate you taking the time to reach out and share your feedback with me.
Best,

Vicki

Vicki Kraft

WA State Representative

It is nice to write but the problem is gun owners. They by a large majority vote in the slobs who hose us, then some of them grip about it. Way too many just ignore it, until it effects them. Then they get real mad, but promptly go back to voting for the same people. If we can get the vast majority of gun owners to vote to get rid of some of the worst ones the rest will suddenly change. The only thing they fear is losing.

Pretty clear to me the other elected officials do not care enough about the 2a to even respond and hence really dont care about you or your rights. They have made up thier minds already. Just my opinion.

It is nice to write but the problem is gun owners. They by a large majority vote in the slobs who hose us, then some of them grip about it. Way too many just ignore it, until it effects them. Then they get real mad, but promptly go back to voting for the same people. If we can get the vast majority of gun owners to vote to get rid of some of the worst ones the rest will suddenly change. The only thing they fear is losing.
Actually, no. The people who are the problem are the gun owners who don't vote at all.

I usually get the response where a rep. will say that they support the 2nd A. HOWEVER, they also believe that the 2nd A is subject to reasonable restrictions.

Rrrrright......do they even know that the 2nd A doesn't say.........

"A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the People to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed, unless I say it's reasonable."

But then, it's common for tyrants to think that they know better than I, what's good for me.

"Lemme take some of your hard earned money away from you, to redistribute it to those that don't work. Afterall, you would have just wasted it away by spending it on another firearm or ammo or even saved it."

Aloha, Mark

Last Edited:

You're painting with a broad bush Alexx1401. You seem to have over looked the major population centers
consisting mainly of liberals all packed together murmuring how the government will protect them.:p

Right on bass!!! You at least did something. You spoke to those many here won't.
Handshake to you sir.
Most here would rather b!tch about what happened rather than keeping it from happening.

IuP.gif What else needs to be said?

The problem is that we are getting the government we deserve...

Not sure if anybody has noticed, but Americans have become largely lazy, selfish, immoral, ignorant, and undeserving of the protections under the constitution. It's pretty sad, really.

There is an ever decreasing minority that still embraces the freedoms, values, and responsibilities that made this nation great. Not sure what is going to happen to us; maybe hunker down and form our own independent country...?

You're painting with a broad bush Alexx1401. You seem to have over looked the major population centers
consisting mainly of liberals all packed together murmuring how the government will protect them.:p
If you really believe that then you are saying its over. There is only one way to change this, voters. It's easy to see a LARGE swath of them vote for this stuff. Either by ignoring it, or by throwing away their vote. Results are the same. Many gun owners who refuse to vote use the reason as the large population centers vote left, then they sit out. This is why we have what we have. Gun owners could do something if they wish. Too many think it's someone else who should <shrug>

Actually, no. The people who are the problem are the gun owners who don't vote at all.

That is exactly what I mean by "they vote this in". Anyone who sits out, or throws the vote away helped elect the winners. Many of these are gun owners. Many of them do not pay much attention until it effects them. Then they get mad and blame everyone else, yet still keep voting in the same people. Complaining is nice, voting out the worst works FAR better. Sadly I don't see that happening in my life time. I will go down swinging but a large percentage of gun owners are happy to watch the rights slowly erode.

I ended up getting a 3rd response....then I emailed everyone AGAIN...and got 1 more response, that included an apology and semi-explaination that they all get swamped...... NONE know what the state constitution says...

I've even been hamming the AG office on twitter.

I heard from Rep. Gorsek's office today regarding HB2251. "The staffer said Rep. Gorsek believes in the constitutional right of Americans to keep and bear arms."

I would encourage everybody to write Rep. Gorsek and ask him to vote "no" on HB 2251 if it comes up for vote in committee. Feel free to thank him for his LE service if you want to butter him up a little.

[email protected]

Upcoming Events

Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top