JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.

I've thought of upgrading my lighting in my safe at some point - looks like a good option you've found.

I've thought of upgrading my lighting in my safe at some point - looks like a good option you've found.
I've been using battery powered, motion sensor. They work great, just not cost effective for the amount of light they throw, or the batteries they will consume

I've been using battery powered, motion sensor. They work great, just not cost effective for the amount of light they throw, or the batteries they will consume

We have a battery powered motion-sensor light on our front porch - it actually runs really well, and has been running for over a year now on one set of batteries. That said, I prefer the look and reliability of line-powered lights whenever possible. I like the warmer LED's too, which aren't usually available with the battery powered lights - at least not that I've found yet.

I looked for LED strip lights that were battery powered, there was a problem with draw vs longevity. Then I looked into (and I still think it's a very good solution) using a battery UPS back-up system for computers. Plugged in everything is surge protected, and fully charged. At loss of power, the internal battery carries the load for quite a long time, considering the mah draw of LED lights, it should supply power sufficiently.

Once I get everything lit up, I'm going to tie in the UPS and give it a try. I think it would work nicely.

Installed and tested last night. The picture does not do justice. The lighting is much better than what's seen in the image.
Here's a peek.
20160929_134825.jpg

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top