JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
haha. understood. I do travel down to Roseburg area often and we ship as well. In any case, now that I have some open time on my machines, I hope to get this going in the next week or two.

haha. understood. I do travel down to Roseburg area often and we ship as well. In any case, now that I have some open time on my machines, I hope to get this going in the next week or two.
Don't take that post as a no. I'm building my list of ideas and such. I'm cheap and likely have much much less material experience as you. But, I'd also like my safe to be much more functional and aesthetic. Sometimes having a professional is a far better route.

If your stuff is really nice and not horribly priced. I'd definitely over look the logistical issues to support someone that wants to do this sort of thing. Especially if you do it well.

Again, thanks for the offer and I look forward to seeing how it turns out.

I carefully removed the fabric holsters and document pockets on the inside door panel, using longer screws, I covered the factory door panel (fire rated sheetrock and fabric) with 3/16ths aluminum. It looks much better but, the main reason is to have something solid to screw too so those SnapSafe magnetic gun holders can be screwed thru the aluminum panel. I can arrange everything the way I like and have a couple fire rated Document folders by adding a metal strip inside the folder to keep it in place.

I cannot find it online yet but, Snapsafe has made longer and wider magnetic holders that I saw down at Bimart. Something like 10x3 inches, a good size for two or three pistols and hold fire rated folders. I recommend the DOCFORTRESS fire rated folder. Seems to be well made.

Has anyone ever had documents in a fire-safe envelope in a safe in a house fire? How did the documents fare? Did they 'survive'? I have often wondered that. Have heard they did, and also that they didn't. Not sure I would hang them on the door because of the heat transfer, but asking for my own education.

There are no 'fireproof' document folders per se, they are only fire rated for a certain level of testing. They do buy you time tho, if the fire was put out in time. The better ones will keep out the water if the fire Dept, decides to hose down your safe due to the important items inside the safe.

I do wonder though at what temperatures do ammunitions typically fire off inside the safe, if they will and therefore chase off the guy with the hose.

I often wonder if ammunition should be stored elsewhere for this reason. Other thoughts are the very low occurrence of fires anyway. Just saying, hopefully others will chime in. Sorry to get slightly off topic.

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top