JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
After scanning/organizing/cleaning up some NFA paperwork last night, I popped into eForms as I'm kicking around a SBS project. Looks like the last time I did a form on there was back in late 2019. After changing password, updating some info the system requested, etc., looks to be good to should I so choose to move forward

Couple o' questions:

• Circa Q1 2024, what are we looking at, wait time wise, on a Form 1 / Trust on eForms?
  • Back in the day, eForms was quirky, even by DotGov computer system standards. Nothing that stopped me from completing filings, but hardly smooth sailing either. How are things now in the fuuuuuture?
Thanks all. :s0155:

If you are going to submit on a trust, ensure the trust complies with the latest ATF interpretations.
I would image it would be good to go as we've had that family trust for a while and had a machine-gun transfer approved for said not long ago. Out of curiosity, what changed?

I would image it would be good to go as we've had that family trust for a while and had a machine-gun transfer approved for said not long ago. Out of curiosity, what changed?
The ATF has changed their opinion the validity of trust provisions pertaining to spouses and children. In a manner contrary to their own regulations.

I remember seeing a recent table showing turnaround time for individual v trust but having quite located it yet

Screenshot 2024-02-03 BATFE.png

While not from 1, I did just get two form 4s approved today that were both filed for this year. I believe form 1s are marginally quicker

If we get out of the Oregon short session and the next 114 court doesn't allow the permit system to go into place, I'm getting a 30 can.

I've been following M114 pretty closely but didn't think it would effect suppressors?!?
"Shouldn't". That said, my only Silencer Shop dealer thinks that an approved form-4 requires an Oregon BGC. The instructions on form-4473 explicitly state that one is not required. He may have since changed his mind, but I'm not risking it. I was ok with walking away from my Obsidian 45 back when 114 was getting passed. Fortunately, I got an instant. He also doesn't believe in the three day wait either.

While not from 1, I did just get two form 4s approved today that were both filed for this year. I believe form 1s are marginally quicker
Holy cow! The last two Form 4s I did were in the nine month zone.

"Shouldn't". That said, my only Silencer Shop dealer thinks that an approved form-4 requires an Oregon BGC. The instructions on form-4473 explicitly state that one is not required.
Indeed the form does say exactly that. Unfortunately, SB 941 doesn't make a distinction between Title I and Title II firearms, the latter already has a background run, making the exercise pointless. When I talked with the Portlandia branch of BATFE, their view was a BCG would have to be run to comply with the state-level statute.

Out of curiosity, what shop are you using?

Indeed the form does say exactly that. Unfortunately, SB 941 doesn't make a distinction between Title I and Title II firearms, the latter already has a background run, making the exercise pointless. When I talked with the Portlandia branch of BATFE, their view was a BCG would have to be run to comply with the state-level statute.

A BCG or BGC? Didn't think a bolt would require a BGC :D. Ok, I'm done being a smart arse for a bit!

Umpqua Survival, but I may look for a shop in the GP area. The problem is that it takes a minute to get approval, so who knows what fudd will be there then.

Umpqua Survival, but I may look for a shop in the GP area.
I've transferred a couple cans through them in times past. Easy-peasy to work with, which is all I care about with an FFL/SOT.

For whatever it is worth, the one time I transfered a silencer through Rogue River Sporting Goods was an absolute dumpster-fire. I'll never work with them again. YMMV.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top