JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
It is interesting that State Sen Rob Wagner, and other gun grabbers passed a Holocaust Education bill, requiring that history about the Holocaust be taught in schools!! This is the exact reason we have the 2ndA among our Civil Rights, and why it should not be tampered with.

The Past as Prelude: Nazi Disarmament and the U.S. Gun Grab | From the Trenches World Report

I would urge all to contact their Sens/Reps and urge them to include ALL the truth about the Holocaust in their proposed education. It would also be good if THEY read it themselves. Just sayin'. :s0160:

It is interesting that State Sen Rob Wagner, and other gun grabbers passed a Holocaust Education bill, requiring that history about the Holocaust be taught in schools!! This is the exact reason we have the 2ndA among our Civil Rights, and why it should not be tampered with.

The Past as Prelude: Nazi Disarmament and the U.S. Gun Grab | From the Trenches World Report

I would urge all to contact their Sens/Reps and urge them to include ALL the truth about the Holocaust in their proposed education. It would also be good if THEY read it themselves. Just sayin'. :s0160:
Unfortunately the curriculum will be left up to the progressives in charge. I'm sure that they will leave the parts about gun confiscation out of the syllabus.

Unfortunately the curriculum will be left up to the progressives in charge. I'm sure that they will leave the parts about gun confiscation out of the syllabus.

We will never know if the outcome of the Holocaust could have been changed if the populace were armed. They never had that chance. :s0160:

I never understood why genocide of one ethnical group is more tragical than genocide of many other ones.

Any, and All, are certainly tragedies. It is just the Holocaust was on such a large scale, and is the most publicized. Even now, China executes many citizens for 'social crimes'. How many, is a closely guarded State secret. Lenin, Mao, Pol Pot, Stalin, Fidel, Little Rocket Man, and now Maduro. All have committed atrocities against their citizens. The POINT is, this is why the 2ndA was created, and why it should not be tampered with. :s0160:

I totally agree on the importance of the 2nd.
What I don't agree with is accenting on Jews only and not mentioning all others.
Tens of millions of Slavic people were murdered by both Hitler and Stalin and nobody cares. In fact Hitler let all wealthy Jews go, so mostly average ones were murdered.
How about millions of Cambodians? Just learn who supported and supplied that dictstor.
How about Rwandan genocide which was possible only because of the UN's silent approval?
So, please stop talking about Holocaust and admit that much more other people were killed, then just call it Genocide.

Last Edited:
I am one of those horrible progressive liberal educators and have no problem with this. The only way to represent history is to look at from many different angles and one I would ask is why was it possible for it to happen? Obviously, this is because of a disarmed society. This liberal believes in the 2nd amendment and a fiscally conservative government.

I never understood why genocide of one ethnical group is more tragical than genocide of many other ones.

Wagner said the intention behind the bill was not to mandate a set curriculum, but to be able to work with leaders, school districts and teachers to "come up with a rich variety of different things that they could assess and work with their local communities that they thought would reflect the important work happening here."

"The Holocaust" provides media with a useful hook in reporting. The reality will be a sufficiently fuzzy definition of genocide, systemic oppression, marginal elements of society, social and political justice, etc., etc. that progressive educators can write a curriculum that lumps Hitler, Stalin, and Pol Pot with slave owning George Washington, the US Cavalry, abortion protestors and political conservatives.

I totally agree on the importance of the 2nd.
What I don't agree with is accenting on Jews only and not mentioning all others.
Tens of millions of Slavic people were murdered by both Hitler and Stalin and nobody cares. In fact Hitler let all wealthy Jews go, so mostly average ones were murdered.
How about millions of Cambodians? Just learn who supported and supplied that dictstor.
How about Rwandan genocide which was possible only because of the UN's silent approval?
So, please stop talking about Holocaust and admit that much more other people were killed, then just call it Genocide.

I don't think the WWII holocaust of Jews (and other "undesirables") is "more important", it's just that it's the most detailed and documented of all the holocausts.... the Germans being the Teutonic personality types they typically were (and still are) kept METICULOUS records of nearly every detail.... whereas the Stalinists and Khmer Rouge.... not so much.

We're well aware Stalin had (orders of magnitude) millions more people murdered.... quickly, and torturously slow by starvation. The problem is no detailed archives are available (that I know of) for teaching aids.

Last Edited:

Because the Jewish community is smart enough to figure out ways to make sure nobody forgets.

If you were Jewish wouldn't you try and do the same?

Also what stomper said, and because the US was heavily involved in liberating them.

You ever notice how WW2 gets more movies then WW1? Right because we played a bigger part. If it relates to you it's something you care more about.... It's human nature.

I don't think the WWII holocaust of Jews (and other "undesirables") is "more important", it's just that it's the most detailed and documented of all the holocausts.... the Germans being the Teutonic personality types they typically were (and still are) kept METICULOUS records of nearly every detail.... whereas the Stalinists and Khmer Rouge.... not so much.

We're well aware Stalin had (orders of magnitude) millions more people murdered.... quickly, and torturously slow by starvation. The problem is no detailed archives are available (that I know of) for teaching aids.

Even today, China executes an unknown number of citizens, many for 'social crimes'.

China executes thousands of people every year. But the exact number is a state secret.

My hope is the 'Holocaust education' can be used to tell the TRUTH, about why the 2ndA is an important Civil Right. This may be a good topic to engage with local school boards about??? :s0160:

To add one that I didn't see mentioned... The Armenian genocide by Ottoman Turks (Ie. followers of the religion of peace).

I never remember learning about other Democides in school, I didn't even know the term. I have since learned about a lot of them.

As a Jew, the absolute focus on the holocaust alone is slightly creepy to me, although I agree with the reasons some of the other posters mentioned, mainly being we can claim the moral high groubd as the saviors, where we couldn't in something like the holdormor.

I would much prefer a semester of focus on democide in general, including the holocaust, but making sure to teach about other forms of democide that have been perpetrated by every form of government.

The Holocaust was an industrialized genocide serving a crack pot 'biological' conspiracy theory that took hold in one of the most technologically advanced societies of the time.That is why it's a particularly cautionary event for 'advanced' societies and deserves special study. That doesn't make other mass slaughters less horrific.

The Holocaust was an industrialized genocide serving a crack pot 'biological' conspiracy theory that took hold in one of the most technologically advanced societies of the time.That is why it's a particularly cautionary event for 'advanced' societies and deserves special study. That doesn't make other mass slaughters less horrific.

True, but the Holodomor was a similar time frame. Just as many if not more killed (depending on who you ask) and seems an even more probable method in the current year.

You ever notice how WW2 gets more movies then WW1? Right because we played a bigger part. If it relates to you it's something you care more about.... It's human nature.

That and a movie where a bunch of lice-ridden, rotten-footed, stinking soldiers sit around in ankle deepwater that's mixed with their own excrement watching rats pick the flesh off of their old comrades punctuated perhaps once by a horrific gas attack or where everyone ran out of the trench and got machine gunned down at once would be an excruciatingly long movie, even if you kept it to less than 20 min.

As far as forced mandatory teaching of the holocaust goes, that should help our kids keep up with the rest of the world in math and science - how could anyone be against it?

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top