JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Specifically the Elite Stock II and Elite Limited and, possibly the Elite Hunter. For some reason this company seems like they really do things right, and for a reasonable price from my research. I'm shooting a CZ75 P01 in .40 and love it, but I don't have a good full size range gun in 9mm and I'm itching to get something a little more exotic, if you could call a mid/higher end EAA "exotic".

Supposedly these guns are the GO-TO competition guns in Europe. The equivalent of our Les Baer's, Night Hawks and Ed Browns? Word has it that these fire arms have, readily available, different caliber, barrel and spring sets so it's easy to change caliber. If I wanted to dabble in 10mm for instance, the gun would handle it.

Witness Elite Stock 2- Tanfoglio | EAA Corporation/ USSG

<broken link removed>

Witness Elite Limited- Tanfoglio | EAA Corporation/ USSG

So, what does anyone know first hand of these (Fine-Looking) fire arms? Do you think $1,220.00+ fees to get an Elite Limited here is outrageous?

I called "Tigard Pawn 4 More" yesterday and spoke with Tim, the owner, as I've never done an FFL transfer and was not sure how it goes. Tim was the nicest guy you could ever talk to, and put any worries/fears I had about the process completely out of my mind! So for the price of $25.00 INCLUDING the $10.00 BGC fee, I'll drive over the them, if and when.

Thanks!

Mike

The CZ SP-01 Shadow is a comparable pistol and an excellent shooter. CZ Custom in Mesa Arizona turns out a number of pistols in your price range. Or at least they will when CZ fills the back orders.

As I said, I have the CZ 75 in .40 and love it, even with the factory trigger I can shoot it better at times than my full size Kimber. I just wanted something different, not polymer, long barrel, full weight and dependable.

The news is after yesterday, went to Keith's and put in the order! Tanfoglio Witness Elite Limited in 9mm, Witness Elite Limited- Tanfoglio, coming in considerably less that the MSRP on their site.

Mike

I really like this style pistol. I have a 9mm and 45. I had a 40 full size that was the most comfortable shooting 40 I ever shot. (Divested myself of that caliber, so it's gone.)

Never fired one in 10mm. The most comfortable for me in 10 was the Glock. So how does Witness style pistol shoot in this caliber?

I really like this style pistol.

Never fired one in 10mm. The most comfortable for me in 10 was the Glock. So how does Witness style pistol shoot in this caliber?

I haven't the slightest idea! The CZ-75 in .40 is a pleasure, i know that, so this ought to be a cream puff in 9mm with the loads I'm doing now. You mention the Glock in 10mm....A gentleman at the range let me shoot a few from his Glock 10mm, felt pretty good for a polymer gun actually.

I'm looking forward to developing some hotter loads for 9mm, maybe scoping the gun and seeing what kind of accuracy I could get at distance with it.

Mike

I've got a 9mm P Carry on the classifieds, but I'm not trying to shill for it. I honestly love the Witness. I switched to .45, so I'm divesting my stock of 9 mm.
I don't know a better recommendation than that when I moved to .45, I did it with another Witness.

I think these guns don't get enough credit for quality, accuracy, and feel. Maybe it's because you don't have to spend a lot for them. Of course you're talking about spending more for the Elite, so I can only believe that translates into an even better product.

Last Edited:
I've got the 10mm Elite Limited on my list. From what I've read, a very nice gun at a reasonable price. There is a dude on Glock Talk that has a crazy number of expensive handguns, and did a fairly comprehensive side by side review of them, and the EAA scored very highly. The winner was the Sig p226 X5L1. The review was for high end non 1911's

If the Elite Limited is as they say it is it isn't really what I'd call "High End" in my limited experience. Kimber, Colt, and certainly the Ed Browns, Les Baers, Night Hawk, Sigs, a whole lotta guns more spendy than the Elite.

Do you define "high-end" as merely a description of the price tag? I believe the OP was more interested in the reputation for high-end quality that these guns have, and whether any members here had direct experience with them.

What's not to like?
10MM cartridge
15 shots
Browning Hi Power ergos
Looks a lot like the old Bren 10
Quality Italian manufacture

This guy is funny but he eventually gets to the review. BTW most factory ammo has been downloaded to about 40 S & W level. Handloading can reap a much higher velocity

Last edited by a moderator:
Seeing as this thread is still active! ^^^^ The gun in the photo has the after market front sight. The outfit, henningshootsguns.com, is THE go-to store for Witness anything apparently.

I hope I don't have to wait MONTHS for this gun.

Henning has some great stuff and fair prices.. look at Bladetech holsters as well. Henning sells them but the selection is limited. Bladetech will build you a custom holster in different colors, I am probably going to buy one of these in carbon.. educate yourself on the EAA model differences. Some have the new rail as depicted in the 38 super review video, and they will not fit in holsters deigned for the railless version

I'm a leather holster guy but this may be a kydex I'll buy

<broken link removed>

And if I like it, one of these

<broken link removed>

I'm going for one of these as well

<broken link removed>

Last I looked Impact Guns out of Utah had a bunch of EAA Witness models in stock. I've blown my gun budget until February so I have to wait

Mike, I have shot exactly 200 rounds from an Eaa Hunter 45acp……nice pistol and one of the better CZ clones imo……still not as refined as my SP-01 in 9mm. I personally don’t think any of the CZ clones quite match the original but if it’s what you have your mind set on I am sure you will like it.

I'm shooting a CZ75 P01 in .40 and love it, but I don't have a good full size range gun in 9mm

Shoot one of these before you make your final decision, good luck whatever you decide

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top