JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I don't know Washington laws. But in general the lower is the serialized part of the gun. So the receiver/lower is actually the gun and can or should be able to be sold by itself.
But I dunno' Washington.

Uppers can be sent through the mail, but lowers if complete, meaning ready to accept parts or already built must go through an FFL.

Anyway it's a starting place for you.

I know, the laws are more like the old "Hide the Pea" shell game. Everything's regulated, taxed, licensed, permitted, studied and usually delayed or requires obeisance of some sort to the benevolent State.

From everything I've heard in the web (take that with a grain of salt) is that if it was manufactured as a rifle and sold that way, it is a rifle even in receiver form.

If a person bought it from you as a receiver and built it into a pistol...

Would they be breaking the law?

So many laws!:s0092:

Same guy wants to buy the rifle...upper and lower....but separately?

Why separately? What advantage would be gained in two separate transactions?

-E-

Doesn't washington still allow stripped lowers to be sold without the extra wait? If so, I'd imagine he thinks all lowers allow for that and is trying to get a complete, functional rifle without the additional red tape. I think there was a previous, somewhat heated thread on a dealer doing this very thing?

Upcoming Events

Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews