Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

dumb-da-da-dumb

Discussion in 'Handgun Discussion' started by LCspeedsteel, May 6, 2011.

1. LCspeedsteel

LCspeedsteel hillsboro Member

please tell me i am not the only one who thinks these holsters are a horrible idea to rely on... (i know in my heart they're for dorks, just curious as to who is hollywood, and who is sane)

YouTube - Phalanx Holsters

the guy who posted this video is in his own little world, not ours. refrain from arguing with him... it goes only in circles.

2. deadeye

deadeye Albany,OR. Moderator Staff Member

I see this geared towards California, NY, NJersey and Illinois.

3. Nutty4Guns

Nutty4Guns Portland ADHD Superstar

I'll just ask the bad guy to wait a couple of seconds while I struggle with my awkward phalanx holster.

4. MikeE

MikeE Portland Well-Known Member

I like the sparkly holster loops...

5. JGRuby

JGRuby Portland Oregon New Member

Do I want one - NO, but I can see some merit in this - I think that this may be the future for uniformed officers or penetentiary workers. LEO are already using retention holsters.

James

6. LCspeedsteel

LCspeedsteel hillsboro Member

yes... maybe some merit, but i think very little. i suppose all im trying to say is Phalanx should include some level IV armor with the purchase of a holster. fiddling around with a weapon tells the bad guy to shoot or stab you fast, because it will be him if he waits for you to operate your bad a$$ wicked looking hollywood holster....

7. f3rr37

f3rr37 Portland New Member

"...and now it becomes a gun safe."

Uh... yeah, about that.

8. VW_Factor

VW_Factor Woodburn Oregon Active Member

Wait a sec here. Did that just rack the slide during the draw?

9. scrappydoo

scrappydoo Federal Way Active Member

The demonstration for the belt holster on his right side made my jaw drop. You have to disengage the safety to get the pistol out. :paranoid:

Umm, ya. That'll sell like hotcakes.

10. I don't like this holster because I don't want anything rendering my weapon inoperable, holster included. I also don't like the fact that the design seems to say that gun owners will shoot themselves if they carry their gun in battery.

11. mjbskwim

mjbskwim Salmon,Idaho Well-Known Member

This will go good in NY where they are more worried about someone stealing the gun rather than a smooth draw for the officer.

But,like some of the big events,an officer would want to lock the gun when he went into a big ruckus.He can draw and start shooting anyway.And nobody else can take it when they get him down.

12. billdeserthills

billdeserthills Cave Creek, Arizony Well-Known Member

For once I agree with you James, Let's arm All our Police Officers with these & right away too!

13. olydemon

olydemon Olympia Active Member

Wonder how those guys are doing? That video was from 2009.

14. Trlsmn

Trlsmn In Utero (Portland) Well-Known Member

Yet another solution to a non-existent problem

15. olydemon

olydemon Olympia Active Member

16. Raven

Raven Salem, Oregon, United States Member

17. Uberdillo

Uberdillo Oregon Active Member

I'm really trying, but I can't see any advantage over the available retention holsters. You guys talking about merit, (especially as a future option for LE) I know it's there, but if you wanted to elaborate I'm all ears.

On the other hand, the dude deserves mad props for initiative and ingenuity. Anyone else find his voice absolutely marvelous? It's mesmerizing, absolutely perfect for recounting the battle of thermopylae to a two year old.

18. DAPSRT

DAPSRT Dallas, Or Active Member

I see some merit in what they're trying to do (at least with the belt holster). The way the pistol locks or is secured into the holster is quite a bit different from anything else I've seen out there and seems to certainly be a secure way to physically lock it in the holster..... BUT....

We go to great lengths to keep our guns IN BATTERY when holstering and carrying in general. If they're out of battery they won't work, which seems to be touting as a safety factor (just as they're doing with the cross draw holster carrying with an empty chamber).

I'd want to be absolutely sure that the thing would go back into battery EVERY time the gun came out of the holster and I'm not convinced that it would. Seems like there are good, simpler holster options out there that certainly will work just as good.

Gotta watch out for the gimmicks.... some work and some will get you killed.

19. Chipperxd

Chipperxd Buffalo Active Member

or the fact that you need both hands to draw you weapon. both holsters in this thread are stupid.

20. jer fly

jer fly cottage grove Member

You'll never see me with one of those. I would rather just stick the thing down my pants. Hey it worked for magnum PI ...