JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Do I want one - NO, but I can see some merit in this - I think that this may be the future for uniformed officers or penetentiary workers. LEO are already using retention holsters.

James

yes... maybe some merit, but i think very little. i suppose all im trying to say is Phalanx should include some level IV armor with the purchase of a holster. fiddling around with a weapon tells the bad guy to shoot or stab you fast, because it will be him if he waits for you to operate your bad a$$ wicked looking hollywood holster....

I don't like this holster because I don't want anything rendering my weapon inoperable, holster included. I also don't like the fact that the design seems to say that gun owners will shoot themselves if they carry their gun in battery.

I see this geared towards California, NY, NJersey and Illinois.

This will go good in NY where they are more worried about someone stealing the gun rather than a smooth draw for the officer.

But,like some of the big events,an officer would want to lock the gun when he went into a big ruckus.He can draw and start shooting anyway.And nobody else can take it when they get him down.

I'm really trying, but I can't see any advantage over the available retention holsters. You guys talking about merit, (especially as a future option for LE) I know it's there, but if you wanted to elaborate I'm all ears.

On the other hand, the dude deserves mad props for initiative and ingenuity. Anyone else find his voice absolutely marvelous? It's mesmerizing, absolutely perfect for recounting the battle of thermopylae to a two year old.

I see some merit in what they're trying to do (at least with the belt holster). The way the pistol locks or is secured into the holster is quite a bit different from anything else I've seen out there and seems to certainly be a secure way to physically lock it in the holster..... BUT....

We go to great lengths to keep our guns IN BATTERY when holstering and carrying in general. If they're out of battery they won't work, which seems to be touting as a safety factor (just as they're doing with the cross draw holster carrying with an empty chamber).

I'd want to be absolutely sure that the thing would go back into battery EVERY time the gun came out of the holster and I'm not convinced that it would. Seems like there are good, simpler holster options out there that certainly will work just as good.

Gotta watch out for the gimmicks.... some work and some will get you killed.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top