JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Well Bobo beat me to it. A folding stock and a optic rail are not permanent mods so you could return it to former version easily and I have done just that. Unfortunately that long arse heavy left hand thread muzzle device is probably soldered on. It kind of ruins the paratrooper theme so I agree that one may not be for you.

That muzzle device is the Austrian flash hider. My STG was from the ban era so it had a soldered on brake, which I replaced with the stoll device (Austrian flash hider). It is also the grenade launcher.

The paratroopers typically had a 17.2" barrel and IICR a bipod so it isn't the easiest look to get. There were 21" barreled FALs with the folding stock too though.

Jcon268, Here is something to chew on. Local and in your price range.
James River Armory BM59/ M14
ARMSLIST - For Sale: James River Armory BM59/ M14
I decided to pass on that after contacting the company and learning that it's pretty picky with ammo. I'd like to have something that I can feed lower quality stuff (not trying to get super accurate with it) and it'll feed it fine. In any event it was only $1,000 at that time - this guy is asking a fair bit more than that? Has a bayonet?

I decided to pass on that after contacting the company and learning that it's pretty picky with ammo. I'd like to have something that I can feed lower quality stuff (not trying to get super accurate with it) and it'll feed it fine. In any event it was only $1,000 at that time - this guy is asking a fair bit more than that? Has a bayonet?
Yes, bayo included. I did not know that these were finicky eaters...

I still think you are a great candidate for a Fal from what you have written Jcon. Here is a pic of my shooter grade FrankenFal complete with ghetto pipe insulation zip tied on para stock for better cheek weld and comfort. This expedient mod also stops the dreaded beard pinch associated with the para stock. I have pieced it together over the years and maybe have $750 into as it sits. Now I know you would likely spend more than that now, point is for your budget I think you could find a great Fal battle rifle an adjust it to fit your needs. This one is a great shooter and Probably the one I would grab on the way out the door if bad stuff was going down. It is far from a finicky eater.

EB2D6E0F-06B6-41F6-B00D-0241ECD9F459.jpeg 63546C10-87C0-48EC-8582-00D51427EE2D.jpeg

Last Edited:
I still think you are a great candidate for a Fal from what you have written Jcon. Here is a pic of my shooter grade FrankenFal complete with ghetto pipe insulation zip tied on para stock for better cheek weld and comfort. This expedient mod also stops the dreaded beard pinch associated with the para stock. I have pieced it together over the years and maybe have $750 into as it sits. Now I know you would likely spend more than that now, point is for your budget I think you could find a great Fal battle rifle an adjust it to fit your needs. This one is a great shooter and Probably the one I would grab on the way out the door if bad stuff was going down. It is far from a finicky eater.

View attachment 554017 View attachment 554016
I think you're right. I might add one of these cheek pads to the para stock. I had one on my CTR stock and it worked great.
Cheek Pad, Magpul MOE & CTR

I put the pipe insulation on several years back and found it worked great. I guess I should do something a bit more professional looking now that the mod has been fully vetted. Or not. o_O

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top