JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I use a little brasso and some midway crap I got years ago
I hear nufinish liquid car polish great works too...
The secret to the shiniest dry tumbled brass is to thrown a few used dryer sheets in with each batch... It makes all the difference in the world.

The secret to the shiniest dry tumbled brass is to thrown a few used dryer sheets in with each batch... It makes all the difference in the world.
My understanding was the dryer sheets were used to keep the dust down. I've used them but never connected using them with getting the brass shinier.

When I first started, I used Turtle wax liquid wax with corncob media, that stuff worked great and really shined up the brass after about 6-8 hours. Nu-Finish also works very well. ;)

I dont think most people use enough brass. I like my tumbler to be at least 50% full of brass to get a good shine on the brass after maybe 4 hours.
I use walnut media, 1 cap full of Nu Finish and a capfull of mineral spirits. Tuen the tumbler on for 20 minutes to let everything mix. Then empty the tumbler, full half full with brass and then top it off with media.
Never had problems with media getting stuck in the brass.
I've tried dryer sheets but I havent noticed they helped with anything much.

4 hours is about the most I've ever needed to tumble. Never saw the need to switch to wet tumbling.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top