JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Hey, make fun of OP! Meanwhile Kotek and his husband are stripping your rights. Not too hard to figure out why we keep losing.
So here is the rub, this smacks of a defeatist attitude. Kotex and the like are not stripping us of our rights, they are only trying to. IMHO big difference there. They say they are winning but I'm here to tell you they are not. I've got more guns now than I ever did. So who really won that battle? I'm not alone in this. What really needs to happen is to remove the stigma that gunz R bad and have more people openly talk about enjoying the shooting sports. Once it becomes fun again no-one will ban anything. Oh and don't forget to vote in every election.

I will voice to text isn't all it's cracked up to be
This is what makes public speaking and action difficult. You rarely get second chances to get your message across, so taking the easy way out, such as VTT, can easily turn on you. If you're not careful, people will think you're that incoherent bumbling resident of a certain house in DC that's painted white! :D

One problem is we pretend to want perfect candidates with a Jesus like background. When that candidate doesn't appear, we stack on the one that does instead of fixing what we don't like and shoring up what we do.

Oregon's super majority are far from perfect. Yet, somehow, they got the support they needed. Conservatives will never catch a clue.

One problem is we pretend to want perfect candidates with a Jesus like background. When that candidate doesn't appear, we stack on the one that does instead of fixing what we don't like and shoring up what we do.

Oregon's super majority are far from perfect. Yet, somehow, they got the support they needed. Conservatives will never catch a clue.
So what's your solution?

One more time, sitting behind a keyboard and itching about it without a solution is a passive aggressive cop-out IMO. I get pretty tired of it myself. I still spend my weekends and several nights a week at political events and actually doing something, so I've got little time for people that do nothing but complain.

Last year I "Gave" a class to a new shooter. He is a PA in one of my cardiologists office. He asked me if I was a "Gun Guy" when he saw my Beretta hat. He was considering buying a gun for home protection (first time gun owner / buyer). Along with the standard gun course curriculum of safety, types of handguns, marksmanship and the like, I decided it was a good way to work in gun laws. I never let it become a "2A rant", but I made it clear the importance of keeping on top of what the legislature was up to year after year. I took him to several gun ranges to shoot, and several retail stores to show him what was available as far as handguns and accessories. He took the "Certification Test" offered by Sporting Systems, and actually went through the process of buying his first handgun by himself. And he constantly asks questions that are pertinent.

The point is, a good many gun owners just go purchase a first or second firearm for hunting or "target practice", and never give it a second thought. They know there is a Second Amendment, a "Right", but they don't understand that those rights can be minimized or eventually taken away by scoundrels in the legislature. They just assume it will always be there. If any of us have an opportunity to educate someone on these matters, the better off we will all be. Don't just teach and preach. Be a mentor.

Last year I "Gave" a class to a new shooter. He is a PA in one of my cardiologists office. He asked me if I was a "Gun Guy" when he saw my Beretta hat. He was considering buying a gun for home protection (first time gun owner / buyer). Along with the standard gun course curriculum of safety, types of handguns, marksmanship and the like, I decided it was a good way to work in gun laws. I never let it become a "2A rant", but I made it clear the importance of keeping on top of what the legislature was up to year after year. I took him to several gun ranges to shoot, and several retail stores to show him what was available as far as handguns and accessories. He took the "Certification Test" offered by Sporting Systems, and actually went through the process of buying his first handgun by himself. And he constantly asks questions that are pertinent.

The point is, a good many gun owners just go purchase a first or second firearm for hunting or "target practice", and never give it a second thought. They know there is a Second Amendment, a "Right", but they don't understand that those rights can be minimized or eventually taken away by scoundrels in the legislature. They just assume it will always be there. If any of us have an opportunity to educate someone on these matters, the better off we will all be. Don't just teach and preach. Be a mentor.
I've taken several "anti" or "neutral" people shooting and zero of them so far are even willing to hold an AR. Baby steps.

With all the Gunn honors and all the posts and the rants, how come almost no one gets involved in the fight? 114. Got $3 million out of state money less than $200,000 to fight. It. We should be yelling from the rooftops about our second amendment rights. Deserve what we get because we're not showing up.
Maybe we feel entitled.

With all the Gunn honors and all the posts and the rants, how come almost no one gets involved in the fight? 114. Got $3 million out of state money less than $200,000 to fight. It. We should be yelling from the rooftops about our second amendment rights. Deserve what we get because we're not showing up.
The 2A community needs to embrace new gun owners instead of act like gatekeeping dbags. You dont have to correct everyone all the time about every little detail. Its a hostile environment at best. Think im wrong, just watch the responses from this.

Oh. My. The innuendo potential
Heh, heh, he said in-you-end-o

1714662459869.png

You really want the truth? A LOT of people do NOT want it. The reason is we have not yet felt enough pain. Most are just too "comfortable" So they are most grumble. Some will ignore what is going on and then pack up and move to another state. This works short term of course. Problem is the people trying to force this crap on us also tend to move after they make a mess. First they do is start trying to make the new place the same sewer they left. :s0092:

So here is the rub, this smacks of a defeatist attitude. Kotex and the like are not stripping us of our rights, they are only trying to. IMHO big difference there. They say they are winning but I'm here to tell you they are not. I've got more guns now than I ever did. So who really won that battle? I'm not alone in this. What really needs to happen is to remove the stigma that gunz R bad and have more people openly talk about enjoying the shooting sports. Once it becomes fun again no-one will ban anything. Oh and don't forget to vote in every election.
Sure...then the long gun open carriers are crucified. By gun owners.....

Joe

You really want the truth? A LOT of people do NOT want it. The reason is we have not yet felt enough pain. Most are just too "comfortable" So they are most grumble. Some will ignore what is going on and then pack up and move to another state. This works short term of course. Problem is the people trying to force this crap on us also tend to move after they make a mess. First they do is start trying to make the new place the same sewer they left. :s0092:
Maybe we are a bunch of masochists and enjoy all these attacks on our freedoms.

Maybe we are a bunch of masochists and enjoy all these attacks on our freedoms.
Too many people are currently content, comfortable, complacent to do much beyond keyboard mashing and griping.

most people are living a comfortable life, and those that don't, don't usually connect their voting patterns to the conditions :(

most voters are not willing to lose their jobs, their lifestyles, their children, spouses, housing, even their own lives to defend all of their rights.

I've taken several "anti" or "neutral" people shooting and zero of them so far are even willing to hold an AR. Baby steps.
My wife's a 'neutral' gunner, but she fired off a full mag at the range the day I picked up the AR. Fresh out the box, not even a scope or furniture on it yet. She was awesome..and liked shooting it much better than the G22. I recall telling her that morning it was called "a rifle". Not an AR-15, not an "assault rifle"..just a rifle.

20211202_161919.jpg

My wife's a 'neutral' gunner, but she fired off a full mag at the range the day I picked up the AR. Fresh out the box, not even a scope or furniture on it yet. She was awesome..and liked shooting it much better than the G22. I recall telling her that morning it was called "a rifle". Not an AR-15, not an "assault rifle"..just a rifle.

View attachment 1874070
The pink target was a nice touch.

Upcoming Events

Rifle Mechanics
Sweet Home, OR
Handgun Self Defense Fundamentals
Sweet Home, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews