JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
The problem is not NOW, but what might happen in the future, when/if the .gov becomes the major provider of health insurance in this country. If it is a Federal form, and a block on the form asks "Do you own a firearm? y/n" then the response no longer becomes optional, and the data goes into a data base that can be mined by the .gov whenever it chooses....

Now, that might seem paranoid to some, based on "right now" but in the future, who knows....(by the way, I only own one noid, not a pair....)

you may disagree with me, but I dont see it happening. There are so many easier ways to identify gun owners than having their docs identify them. Our multimillion dollar electronic record system cant even tell me reliably who my patients are with diabetes.

Yet, doc, yet. You know that with ICD9 codes and all, data mining CAN do it, very easily. It won't be a problem IF big government says to do it, and wants to spend the resources to do so....

Maybe it won't....I hope not...

I cant find any code that would work in ICD-9 or 10.

If it was there, it would be a V-code and we have been drilled for decades to know if you enter a V-code on a medicare bill you wont get paid. Not going to be easy to convince a ton of docs to use v codes who are well trained to know you dont get paid if you use one.

If we have to wait for ICD-11 for such a code my great great great grandchildren will be long dead before that comes around. They have been working on ICD 10 for what... 100 years now?

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top