JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Someone enlighten me. How does this benefit Drs ? My family has been asked this before , oddly enough the first time was here in WA. Was never asked this by a Dr in California.

We of course said we do not have any firearms. They were all lost in a tragic boating accident. Man that was a crazy day.

Kids pediatrician and wife's GP both asked on new patient form.

Someone enlighten me. How does this benefit Drs ? My family has been asked this before , oddly enough the first time was here in WA. Was never asked this by a Dr in California.

We of course said we do not have any firearms. They were all lost in a tragic boating accident. Man that was a crazy day.

Kids pediatrician and wife's GP both asked on new patient form.

No benefit to Dr's, but it would allow them to amend Obamacare to make gun ownership a "medically risky" thing like smoking and raise your manditory Obamacare rates like they're doing to smokers.

No benefit to Dr's, but it would allow them to amend Obamacare to make gun ownership a "medically risky" thing like smoking and raise your manditory Obamacare rates like they're doing to smokers.

Crystal clear.

I have wondered this before and couldn't make sense of it. Your explanation is very plausible. I thought the pediatrician asking was very strange. Same with GP. Its simply none of their damn business.

When my doctor asked me if I had any guns in my house, I told him it was none of his business. This is just a way to create a cross referenced data base on gun owners in America!

Crystal clear.

I have wondered this before and couldn't make sense of it. Your explanation is very plausible. I thought the pediatrician asking was very strange. Same with GP. Its simply none of their damn business.

Two kinds of people will answer those questions.

Honest ones and then liars like me who feel if it's not medical related kiss my a:) :) .

I am lucky that I have 3 great doctors.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Xparent Red Tapatalk 2

I talk guns with my doctor all the time. Whats the big deal. So he's into black rifles and I'm not we can still get along.

Also doesn't Obama Care have some sneaky little thing in it about NOT being able to collect info on guns and owners through doctors? Least I remember that popping up in the OH MY what will we ever do discussions a while back.

My current doctor is active duty Army, he doesn't ask, I don't tell....I don't think he cares one way or the other. He has his combat patch on his right shoulder, not just MEDDAC on his left....

My former doctor was a DOD employee, she didn't ask, but we did discuss weapons because we both raise livestock and have to worry about coyote problems.....she used a shotgun, I went .243.

One of my Army docs had all his deer heads in his office (wife wouldn't let him keep them at home)....he spent his 30 days annual leave every year on trophy hunts to CO, Montana, Wyoming, etc....

Never an issue...

I talk guns with my doctor all the time. Whats the big deal. So he's into black rifles and I'm not we can still get along.

Also doesn't Obama Care have some sneaky little thing in it about NOT being able to collect info on guns and owners through doctors? Least I remember that popping up in the OH MY what will we ever do discussions a while back.

I was just enlightened literally minutes ago but after looking at those two articles and giving it some thought it would seem the intended goal is to turn this into a public health issue which could have some interesting implications.

I get the feeling our doctors wouldn't be impressed about the colt 6920 in my closet or the glock 23 in my pants. :D

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

Folks, this is all out war by a government that wants everyone disarmed except the criminals and their own bodyguards. They'll try anything and stoop to new lows and lies and hope something sticks!

I refuse to put ANY information on ANY form especially medical if it does not directly affect my care.

Even as simple as one wanted my employer information and I refused to give it considering I was paying in cash.

The Obummay gov't has come out with a statement that says Obummercare doesn't stop Dr's from asking.

Bah, you guys are paranoid. I only ask my patients if they have a gun if they tell me they are going to go home and kill themselves or their family. I'm required by law to inform the police of those situations.

Pediatricians ask because they were trained in medical school to ask, not by the men in black. The reason is that homes with guns are more likely to have gun related deaths of kids than if they dont have guns. Some physicians feel it is their duty to protect these kids by mentioning this fact to families. Studies have shown that if the doctor mentions they should keep their guns away from kids, then more people secure the guns properly and less kids get shot. Same as if we recommend people stop smoking, more people do.

No one is reporting to any obamacare conspiracy government agency so they can come confiscate your guns. Just say you prefer not to say if you dont like the question.

Im busy enough fighting with jackass insurance companies and drug companies and every other industry trying to get rich off of sick people to have to time to be a government stooge. Hell, I dont even know who I would tell. Do I call up Obama personally and name off my patients that have guns?

My kid's pediatrician knows I have guns at home because we work in the same office and I have a gun safe at my desk about 20 feet from hers!

I was just enlightened literally minutes ago but after looking at those two articles and giving it some thought it would seem the intended goal is to turn this into a public health issue which could have some interesting implications.

I get the feeling our doctors wouldn't be impressed about the colt 6920 in my closet or the glock 23 in my pants. :D

I leave my Kimber and IWB holster in the car and take off my NRA vest when I go in. I don't discuss guns or how many I have with him either. None of his business.

I do discuss guns with my stockbroker as he's an NRA instructor.

Bah, you guys are paranoid. I only ask my patients if they have a gun if they tell me they are going to go home and kill themselves or their family. I'm required by law to inform the police of those situations.

Pediatricians ask because they were trained in medical school to ask, not by the men in black. The reason is that homes with guns are more likely to have gun related deaths of kids than if they dont have guns. Some physicians feel it is their duty to protect these kids by mentioning this fact to families. Studies have shown that if the doctor mentions they should keep their guns away from kids, then more people secure the guns properly and less kids get shot. Same as if we recommend people stop smoking, more people do.

No one is reporting to any obamacare conspiracy government agency so they can come confiscate your guns. Just say you prefer not to say if you dont like the question.

Im busy enough fighting with jackass insurance companies and drug companies and every other industry trying to get rich off of sick people to have to time to be a government stooge. Hell, I dont even know who I would tell. Do I call up Obama personally and name off my patients that have guns?

My kid's pediatrician knows I have guns at home because we work in the same office and I have a gun safe at my desk about 20 feet from hers!

Just because you are paranoid, doesn't mean they are not out to get you.

:D

Thanks for the insight, from the other side of the table.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

The Obummay gov't has come out with a statement that says Obummercare doesn't stop Dr's from asking.

They will have to modify Obama care then I was just researching the gun stuff in there the other day and it specifically prevents doctors and medical professionals from asking about guns. I'm in my phone right now otherwise I would open the pdf and copy/paste the text

how often do they ask if they have a swimming pool since there are more deaths from drowning in pools than from guns

it is their duty to heal them not be the nanny police in a nanny state

They will have to modify Obama care then I was just researching the gun stuff in there the other day and it specifically prevents doctors and medical professionals from asking about guns. I'm in my phone right now otherwise I would open the pdf and copy/paste the text

you mean like the feds not being able to save the info from when you bought a gun and had a background check done??
sure they don't :s0140::s0140::s0140::s0140::s0140::s0140::s0140:

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads