JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Ok here is mine after work completed. Tapco galil foreend, Brownells Alumaguard II coating (any questions about this ask me attemping yourself) 4 piece bulgarian flash suppressor (manages huge fireballs from short barrel) Ameriglo front night sight, homeade single point sling mount (works good), glx red laser with pressure switch (review after take it to range soon), 4 cree 900 lumen light with pressure switch ( love it so far) notched safety lever mod (bolt hold open for range), Now time to shoot this darn thing! I'll give you a range report after test firing. Thanks guys!

005.jpg

006.jpg

Looks good, an AK pistol is on my short list of next purchases, though I've reeled in the buying lately so it may be a while. When contemplating mine I decided a laser was going on for sure. These are admittedly not really the handiest gun, a bit awkward as pistols go, and I thought a green laser would make it a lot more useful. XS also makes an AK express front and rear set and I took a long look at those for my rifle and they might work really well on a pistol.

As far as sights go I am heavily leaning towards Krebs peep, and CTD tritium front sight post. I had the xs sight on a shotgun a ways back, perfect on the that.

I think at the ranges one of these would be useful and with the visibility of the green lasers, it would be a great addition. Even the cheap green laser I have is easily visible two or three times as far away as a red laser, even in daylight.

I am going red only because of the trace back problems with green. I settled on the Barska GLX, read alot of reviews and met my needs (has a threaded pressure switch, holds zero well, very compact and priced right.
What laser did you get before I buy this one????

Sorry, was dinner time. I got an NC Star in trade, it's a POS but bright. I've never had a Barska laser but I've had a few of there scopes and was pretty impressed with them. The only thing of theirs I was unhappy with was a red dot I bought for a .22 but it was cheap and I took a gamble. After you get the laser mounted and use it a bit be sure to post a review.

I was really torn about the Red Green laser thing before I ordered and did go with Red. That was a tough decision. The only thing was trace back that kept me from it. Almost tempted to get a super bright tac light for too. Hmm for now I spent too much as it is. Sounds good I'll review the laser and other accessories after hard use and abuse it. I am also getting a nice laser boresighter as well so can true it up, and bang it around a bit while under warranty haha... and see if it holds 0, and burn through a battery to see how long it lasts etc. Then take it to range and put a couple hundred rounds through my gun to see how that works out. ****Wish me luck, shooting my Draco 1st time tommorow*****

Hi toddt36 I was looking into the same laser sight also torn between green or red. What is the trace back problem with the green? I was going to mount this to my AR 223. It seems the green is easier to see.....would love some info before I buy....thnx

Hi toddt36 I was looking into the same laser sight also torn between green or red. What is the trace back problem with the green? I was going to mount this to my AR 223. It seems the green is easier to see.....would love some info before I buy....thnx
The green laser is so visable that someone outside of your target area say 15 degrees, could see your laser, hence traceback. Green in daylight is far superior though. BTW I am now selling my laser.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top