JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Don't really want to know if you would install one or not, but if you have installed one in an MP Shield 9mm I would really be interested in hearing if you had difficulty inserting it into the slide.
I tried to install the "strong" spring and I couldn't get the spring to stay where it belonged in the front of the slide and when I did then tried to get the stainless rod in place it seemed to have a mind of it's own. A friend helped me put it in. Had to use a round rod to put it in the front of the slide and into the spring to get it in place. Then the rod just kept moving to the side so, while my friend was pushing it into place I used a small screw driver to move the rod so it would fit.
I'm hoping the spring will ease up a bit so it won't be difficult to put in by myself.
If anyone else has an idea on how to do it please let me know.....

Well, the problem seems to have gone away. This morning I tried to reinsert the DPM guide rod and spring and I didn't have any problem doing so.
I would guess my original problem was the spring was just new and needed to be worked out. While I had it installed I worked the slide back and forth a few times and left it to the rear over night. I guess it was enough to loosen it up.
Problem solved.

Don't really want to know if you would install one or not, but if you have installed one in an MP Shield 9mm I would really be interested in hearing if you had difficulty inserting it into the slide.
I tried to install the "strong" spring and I couldn't get the spring to stay where it belonged in the front of the slide and when I did then tried to get the stainless rod in place it seemed to have a mind of it's own. A friend helped me put it in. Had to use a round rod to put it in the front of the slide and into the spring to get it in place. Then the rod just kept moving to the side so, while my friend was pushing it into place I used a small screw driver to move the rod so it would fit.
I'm hoping the spring will ease up a bit so it won't be difficult to put in by myself.
If anyone else has an idea on how to do it please let
me know.....

I've installed the DPM System recoil spring/guide rod mechanical system on three pistols now with no problem. I'm confident that you will have no further problems going forward. I know that many people think that they are frivolous and too expensive, but I like them, and feel that they certainly do have some helpful effect on recoil.

DPM systems USA

I was on another MP Shield forum and they called me everything, idiot, stupid, etc., when I talked about this spring. Said it would destroy my frame, etc., etc. When I tried to explain how the spring worked and for them to look at the reviews they called me a know it all. I no longer post on that forum. They are very closed minded people.

I was on another MP Shield forum and they called me everything, idiot, stupid, etc., when I talked about this spring. Said it would destroy my frame, etc., etc. When I tried to explain how the spring worked and for them to look at the reviews they called me a know it all. I no longer post on that forum. They are very closed minded people.

I don't understand that kind of mentality either, trashing a product that they really don't know anything about. I've experienced that feedback myself on other forums as well. I was told that I was basically wasting my money.

Some people just seem to have a mindset in general that people should not modify or customize their guns. That doing any of that is really not worthwhile. But to me, that allows me to make my gun a little unique. Something that sets it apart from anyone else's gun. It changes from being just a generic gun, to being Lance's gun.

Here is a photo of my Glock 17. I have a custom barrel in it, and installed a DPM Systems recoil assembly in it too:

glockspring_on.jpg

DPM Systems now has a product available for most pistols. I have their compact model installed in my little .40 S&W Walther PPS too:

DSC_4356n2.jpg

I eventually had my PPS refinished by Robar Guns in Phoenix with their Nickel Teflon finish. And then I added a Limbsaver compact grip sleeve to it as well. So it is now a rather unique pistol. It looks like this now:

Walther PPS grip.jpg

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads