JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I will gladly pay $5 to have a solid bench , marked yardages, good backstops and target hangers. And a variety of firearms and fellow enthusiasts to bs with and learn from. I can shoot in my backyard and do but i will drive the distance for a great set up. Nothing against shooting in the woods as long as, pack it in pack it out and no tree's of course.

Not allowing FA at a range has always reminded me of someone looking down there nose at you.
Lot's of guy's with $20-60k machinegun's that are plenty safe and respectable of others.
And the ranges you can shoot FA at only let people shoot ball, Kinda lame in my opinion but that's just what it is and why we shoot in the wood's.
Or at the big bi-annual MG shoot's out of state.
It has more to do with members destroying the target stands and other associated risks. It's not so cool when one volunteers on a weekday making new target stands only to see them destroyed on the weekend by person(s) not paying attention to their POI.

Not allowing FA at a range has always reminded me of someone looking down there nose at you.
Lot's of guy's with $20-60k machinegun's that are plenty safe and respectable of others.
And the ranges you can shoot FA at only let people shoot ball, Kinda lame in my opinion but that's just what it is and why we shoot in the wood's. Or at the big bi-annual MG shoot's out of state.
DRRC tries to embrace the shooting community, but there is a line. Good you are bringing this topic up for discussion.
Became a major issue last year when a member with a semi-auto M1919 Browning would shoot hundreds of rounds at a sitting every month with the shorter barrel. When told the muzzle blast was extreme and drove other folks away, he denied.
When surrounding neighbors complained of "machinegun fire" he said it was his right, wasn't full auto.
Called before the board to discuss the issue, he wouldn't couldn't admit to bump firing, simulating a machinegun.
Got him to agree to keep his firing down to two blasts at a time then pause.
He complained we took all the joy out of his gun.
Board up-dated rules, I and others on the board hate rules.
Another rule no .50 Cal Barret type shooting. No cannons, no Tannerite, no rolling bouncing targets
Targets: bring your own paper targets, your own staple gun, ear and eye protection
When you are done for the day, pick up your own brass, steel, trash, targets. Trash cans are there for the using.
If you get thirsty, hose spickets are at various points on the property.
The water is cleaner than Bull Run in all aspects

Last Edited:
Hey! How did you get a lanyard? I never got one...:(

They had a table there at the new member's orientation in the clubhouse with hats, lanyards, patches, etc.
I succumbed to temptation and got the lanyard so I don't lose my badge, and a stylish DRRC sticker to put on my Bullseye pistol case. Pistol boxes demand stickers!

It has more to do with members destroying the target stands and other associated risks. It's not so cool when one volunteers on a weekday making new target stands only to see them destroyed on the weekend by person(s) not paying attention to their POI.

You pay dues to cover cost of target stands and range maintenance right?

You pay dues to cover cost of target stands and range maintenance right?
We pay dues to cover the cost of utilities, taxes, insurance, maintenance, upgrades to facilities, range improvements, environmental protections, junior programs, capital expenses for equipment, etc, etc. Nobody wants to volunteer their time to build target stands so someone else can destroy them.

Obviously you don't like membership ranges, and that's fine. I'm glad you enjoy our shooting sports your way. And I appreciate the folks that use and enjoy our range. I have met a lot of great people, who have unfailingly been generous and helpful to me with their knowledge.

Last Edited:
I have been looking at this places website for the last 5 months. Glad I saw this thread. I think I'll have to decide between a new handgun or paying initiation next month! Will definitely be joining though.

The only question I have is how are the other members towards younger guys. I myself am 26, I don't wanna get the whole rigamarole of getting nosed at. I got enough of that in the army lol. By the sounds of it I'm sure that this won't be a big deal as I practice very safe shooting habits to begin with. I'm still young enough where the army brainwashing still has me :D:rolleyes:

Just a younger disabled vet who wants to attend a nice range :s0005:

They go out of their way to make their ranges wheelchair and handicap accessible. As far as getting "nosed at," I wouldn't worry about it. First, of the many ranges I've been at this is one of the friendliest and with the least 'tude: safety violations or damage to property are the only things they really get uptight about. Second, especially once they know you're a vet...combat vet...disabled vet...your unfortunate affliction of youth will be warmly embraced. ;)

I have been looking at this places website for the last 5 months. Glad I saw this thread. I think I'll have to decide between a new handgun or paying initiation next month! Will definitely be joining though.

The only question I have is how are the other members towards younger guys. I myself am 26, I don't wanna get the whole rigamarole of getting nosed at. I got enough of that in the army lol. By the sounds of it I'm sure that this won't be a big deal as I practice very safe shooting habits to begin with. I'm still young enough where the army brainwashing still has me :D:rolleyes:

I've seen plenty of young folks out there. If you don't want any undue attention from a member or RO, don't do anything stupid. Know the rules, be safe and be aware and respectful of those around you - for the most part, everyone there is courteous to everyone else and that goes a long way. Keeping in mind where you set up if your gun is going to be tossing brass 15 feet away or you have a muzzle brake that's going to annoy the heck out of the next couple of tables over, just do your best to separate yourself.

Don't be surprised if folks come up to talk to you, it happens all the time there. I rarely go to shoot that I don't end up in a conversation with someone else - and, I personally don't go to B.S., but I'll be happy to chat with folks for a few.

You may get a person or two giving you a closer look if they don't know you yet, but I don't think anyone would give you a hard time so long as you're not doing anything stupid.

I was at the meeting this weekend and joined up. Can't wait to get out there and shoot. Looks like a really nice and friendly facility. I actually drove out yesterday with my daughter, but 224 was closed due to a landslide. As I was driving out 224 (I live in Tigard) I was looking at all the water coming down the hill and thought it could be a problem on the way home, and was hoping I did not get stuck out there. Sure enough just a few corners on, they had the road closed.

As for the rules they have, I think they are great and easy to abide by. I like to shoot with my daughters (8 and 18) and I prefer to be at a club that encourages safety than out in the woods with who-knows-who. I for one appreciate their focus on providing a safe clean friendly place for me to bring my family.

26? Why you young sprout! Just wait till you meet old Al...
The club membership this past month was 1624 souls.
There's seniors, juniors, boys, girls, humble, arrogant, doers, and wish they'd done. And me, a legend in my own mind...
Folks are just like they are anywhere else.
The club leadership and most members are focused on safety, club integrity, enjoying the sport
NOTE: Check the Calendar before coming...

i am kinda a younger guy and have never felt a bit uncomfortable when shooting there... maybe a lil nervous on the way there but once inside never felt unwelcomed.... but for that matter i have never been there with it being crowded either ,maybe 5-6 other people except at the match we shot at ..I shot in a service rifle match with my 12 year old daughter and everyone in there was awesome to play with, nobody was snoody or rude ,all were very welcoming and supportive of the newbies...!! She had a blast as did I!!!

26? Why you young sprout! Just wait till you meet old Al...
The club membership this past month was 1624 souls.
There's seniors, juniors, boys, girls, humble, arrogant, doers, and wish they'd done. And me, a legend in my own mind...
Folks are just like they are anywhere else.
The club leadership and most members are focused on safety, club integrity, enjoying the sport
NOTE: Check the Calendar before coming...

+1 CHECK THE CALENDAR

I've screwed myself over twice now for not doing that first. It is a busy place, but still plenty of open times to shoot.

+1 CHECK THE CALENDAR

I've screwed myself over twice now for not doing that first. It is a busy place, but still plenty of open times to shoot.

I added the calendar to my Google account so I can check it really easily. Just grab the iCal link from the top left side of the calendar and add it to Google or your iPhone. Bam! you can now check it really easily in gmail or on your phone.

I added the calendar to my Google account so I can check it really easily. Just grab the iCal link from the top left side of the calendar and add it to Google or your iPhone. Bam! you can now check it really easily in gmail or on your phone.

I may just consider doing that myself, thanks.

On Saturday, while at the Rimfire Challenge, I turned in the necessary paperwork and a check to become a member. Hopefully I'll be at the March 4th new member orientation. It's such a beautiful property and I would be honored to be a member.

Resource discussions are for general chit-chat. Use the buttons near the top to ask a question or write a review for this resource.

Upcoming Events

Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews