JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Just got back from the DRRC new member's orientation with membership card and gate key in hand (well, actually on a nifty DRRC lanyard). Kudos to club VP Joe Keller for standing and talking nearly non-stop for almost 4 hours. That's stamina!
Membership is just over 1600 and I'm now officially one of them ...woohoo!

Congrats, you will enjoy it. I've been a member since 2006 but shot out there for years with other members before joining up. I enjoy putting in my volunteer time at the hunter sight in days. Lots of hunters don't understand ballistics and scope adjustment so they are genuinely thankful for some help. Plus, getting them on target hopefully translates to more ethical shots in the field. I'm glad the shotgun range is back up and running too. I haven't shot it yet but summer is coming :)

RKBA

Gosh that's a beautiful set up you've got there! It looks especially nice right now considering the time of you your picks were taken. :) If I lived closer I would absolutely consider becoming a member.

What's the rule on SBRs and pistol ARs? Which range are allowed? I have a 22lr suppressed sbr that I take out to 25 yards, and a AR-15 SBR that I run both suppressed and Un-supressed. Sorry for all the questions, I just want to find out everything before I decide to join.

$4800 in dues would have bought alot of gas to go shoot in the wood's. Just sayin.
We have some clear cut's out here you can run out to 1870m +/- a few.
Only cost is ammo and fuel .:)
That's true, but more important to me, is enjoying company of like-interest folks.
2nd Photo archery range with covered firing points. NF Brother 308 posted Mrs 308 shooting there.
2nd photo on the right is of Silhouette Range with 22 Speed Challenge setup directed by NF brother KimberCustom and his family.
3rd photo NF brother Orygun attending a Project Appleseed long range event on the Long Range.
4th photo Project Appleseed event on dynamic range, directed by NF brother KimberCustom and his family.
5th photo shotgun range which the local elk herd considers their own salad bar. Visit most every day
6th photo on 1000 yd impact berm looking west
7th photo International champ and retired Marine sniper club brother Stan Pate on the 1000 yard line
8th photo the lower pits during a match.

The maintenance director was an Army scout in 1950. He and his squad were in among the chinese divisions attacking us in N Korea.
I could go on and on but the point being there's more to DRRC than paying dues and 8 work hours to shoot.
Did I mention I can do all this 11 minutes from home?:D

What's the rule on SBRs and pistol ARs? Which range are allowed? I have a 22lr suppressed sbr that I take out to 25 yards, and a AR-15 SBR that I run both suppressed and Un-supressed. Sorry for all the questions, I just want to find out everything before I decide to join.
You can shoot on the covered firing line or the adjacent dynamic range. No F/A shooting though. SBR and/or suppressors are not an issue.

No F/A Full Auto, burst, bump fire (simulated machine gun)

DRRC does what we can to keep shooting safe and enjoyable for everyone.
The big deal about pistols and rifles is ricochets (uncontrolled, go anywhere). Hence, Rules
22lr rifle can be shot on the silhouette, Tactical shotgun bay (20 yd max), dynamic range, and 100-200 range.
AR-15 rifle can be shot on the dynamic and 100-200 yd,

No pistols on the 100-200 range.
No center-fire rifle cartridge handguns or rifles on the silhouette range.
No center-fire rifles at the Tactical Shotgun Bay
Exception - Discipline Directors and DRRC Chief Range Safety Officer may suspend certain rules to accomidate a club sponsored match, such as USPSA, 3-Gun, Appleseed

It really isn't that bad of a deal. If you don't count the initiation fee, it works out to be just under $20 per month and that would drop a little too after a while. I spend more than that just going to English Pit a couple times a month.

Just got back from the DRRC new member's orientation with membership card and gate key in hand (well, actually on a nifty DRRC lanyard). Kudos to club VP Joe Keller for standing and talking nearly non-stop for almost 4 hours. That's stamina!
Membership is just over 1600 and I'm now officially one of them ...woohoo!

Hey! How did you get a lanyard? I never got one...:(

It really seem like that bad of a deal. If you don't count the initiation fee, it works out to be just under $20 per month and that would drop a little too after a while. I spend more than that just going to English Pit a couple times a month.
Another plus is the fact DRRC is a beautiful place to spend time, especially in the spring and summer. We usually bring a lunch and there are places on the property where you can get back away from the noise. Some days there are only a few people around. Thats why we have been members since 1999

You guy's pay someone so you can shoot your guns ?
Weird.

No, we pay to have a nice, clean, well-run, safe place to shoot, free from drunk idiots, losers, and people that trash public lands. Not a bad payoff overall. We don't pay to have the privilege to shoot, we pay to have the privilege to shoot in a nice place, which also happens to be much closer to home.

For me, heading up to the "free" shooting lanes vs going to DRRC, would be another hours drive each way, plus additional wear and tear on the vehicle. Shoot, the membership pays for itself with that in mind. Not to mention the extra two hour time investment, each time I would want to shoot. Plus, what etrain said.

The club treasurer lives in Hilllsboro, the executive officer lives in Vancouver

Well, there are a lot of people that somehow got used to the punishment, on themselves and their vehicles, driving clear across town on a regular basis. :D I am not one of them. Fortunately/unfortunately? :s0092: But I sure do like the looks of the place. And as far as driving to the forest or going to that beautiful setting at DRRC, the club wins hands down!

Not allowing FA at a range has always reminded me of someone looking down there nose at you.
Lot's of guy's with $20-60k machinegun's that are plenty safe and respectable of others.
And the ranges you can shoot FA at only let people shoot ball, Kinda lame in my opinion but that's just what it is and why we shoot in the wood's.
Or at the big bi-annual MG shoot's out of state.

Resource discussions are for general chit-chat. Use the buttons near the top to ask a question or write a review for this resource.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top