JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Both Terry and Charlie were super nice to me and arranged to show me around on short notice. I'm out of town a lot and just don't have time to search around for sites to shoot. I've been fixin to shoot for the last couple of months and now I'd like to actually pull a trigger a time or two. :)

I'm not sure about which range was closed but this past Sunday, the indoor range was completely empty and only a few people out at the outdoor range.

I'll see you on Sunday, John. You can spot me by the BC plates on my car. Say howdy if you can.

Been a DRRC member since 1987.
Am a DRRC range safety officer.
Sad to have read ZigZagZek's experience at hunter site-in (post 13).
All I can say about that is that it's a club, and there's all kinds of folks.
Some think they have more horsepower then they actually do.
I would have quietly suggested a more safer way to ... and offered to help tote your stuff to the line.
If anyone continues to act unsafely, we call the Sheriff for trespass.

The club is governed by rules, designed to keep everything from injury.
The club was recently sued.
A "green" "tree hugger" "environmental activist" and now former member complained that bullet lead was polluting the environment.
The consequences are that EPA will forever be a part of club activities,
The club had to raise membership costs to pay for legal fees... (over $1,000,000.00 and still more bills)
the impact berms are mined for lead,
wetlands are protected.
The Silouette range is closed until a protective berm can be erected to protect a muddy bog which is now designated wetlands.
The Shotgun range is closed until a protective shot curtain can be invented and erected to catch and recover shot shot by shotguns.
Since there isn't any protective shot curtain anywhere in the world...
the judge has to approve it before the shotgun range can be re-opened.

As a member of DRRC I apoligize to ZigZagZeke that your feelings got stomped.
Sincerely
Rick

Rick, your comments and tone totally reaffirms my first impressions of DRRC, what a great place and great people!

As for the 'protective shot curtain,' why not just concret/pave the area behind the range? Sure, it will be ugly, but the shot can be swept up and the area can be used for parking/street hockey when not in use.

Hope to meet you in person some time, Rick.

EDIT: Oh, I see, the area is now 'designated wetlands' so it can't just be back-filled. :)

Rick, your comments and tone totally reaffirms my first impressions of DRRC, what a great place and great people!

As for the 'protective shot curtain,' why not just concret/pave the area behind the range? Sure, it will be ugly, but the shot can be swept up and the area can be used for parking/street hockey when not in use.

Hope to meet you in person some time, Rick.

EDIT: Oh, I see, the area is now 'designated wetlands' so it can't just be back-filled. :)
Not only for the designation, bear, deer, and elk loiter on the property. Must stop shooting while they wander about.
Also a resident red tailed hawk looking for mice and such.

Thanks for the affirmation. Often seen in a flourscent yellow RSO vest, looking for brass.
Keep thinking! Any ideas, shoot a note to Charley or the other officers.

Recently went there to observe an F-Class/F/TR, Palma match, the rangemasters and volunteers were more than happy to let me have free reign behind the line during the match and I got to meet some top-notch competitors in the process. Now I have a goal to reach after taking it all in. Nice facility.

I've been a member since June and just love this place! This weekend they had the Hunters Sight-in (Douglas Ridge Rifle Club - Hunters Sight-In) which I was going to volunteer for on Sunday but they already had plenty of people. So, I got help sighting in my new Bushnell TRS-25 on my Ruger SR22 rifle and, man, is this little thing accurate and fun. All the people I have meet there have been super friendly and I'm very glad I joined.

BTW, here are the remaining dates for the Hunters Sight-in:

Douglas Ridge Rifle Club - Hunters Sight-In ( cost is $5.00 per gun)

2013 Hunter's Sight-In Schedule
Gates open 9:00 AM - 3:30 PM
Shooting to be complete by 4:00 PM
Saturdays and Sundays

September 21st & 22nd
October 12th & 13th

I plan on joining, as soon as I can I was there for the sniper challenge and they where very polite, I got to shoot some suppressor guns and had a good day with my son he was happy shooting all the same guns

I joined last year (Oct. 2015) and am looking forward to renewing. I really like the facilities and most members I've met are friendly. My wife and girls like it there also. For the most part I've found it to be a friendly club with great facilities for the money. I'd spend far more driving into the hills and the safety there is much better than at a public quarry.

Just discovered this thread. As a new member of DRRC I'll check back in here to keep the thread alive. So far I've been impressed with the range and the people there. The above mentioned travails seem to have died down and things look to be back on track. Added a star review.

I'm on the short list for tri-county once they start accepting more members. But who knows when that will be.
I emailed TCGC on 12/30 and they told me there are currently over 900 on the waitlist and that odds are fairly good that I would be able to join by the end of next year.

Are they ever super packed? I never see anyone driving in or out?

Last Edited:
Resource discussions are for general chit-chat. Use the buttons near the top to ask a question or write a review for this resource.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top