JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
The ammo part was just added on to embellish the story, obviously, that wasn't the illegal part. One of the federal laws that bothers me is the one limiting the amount of cash a person can have. It was written to help fighting the drug war but I had a buddy caught up in it as his sole crime......
Gee, I seem to have never been worried by that law. I try to keep my net worth below a few hundred dollars, so it hasn't really been a problem.

Gee, I seem to have never been worried by that law. I try to keep my net worth below a few hundred dollars, so it hasn't really been a problem.
That is an urban myth. You can carry or store s much cash as you want. It is supposed to be reported by banking institutions of transactions of $10,000 or more. The only laws concern reporting to TSA before taking $10,000 or more cash on airplanes or Customs if leaving the Country..

That is an urban myth. You can carry or store s much cash as you want. It is supposed to be reported by banking institutions of transactions of $10,000 or more. The only laws concern reporting to TSA before taking $10,000 or more cash on airplanes or Customs if leaving the Country..
This gets my goat.

True that all financial institution have to report any transactions of $10K or greater daily, along with any transaction they deem suspicious. (I have spent years in banking) What bothers me is that if you have a significant amount of cash on your person then you have a high probability of being presumed to be acting outside of the law. We once had bills in circulation larger than $100 and now the $100 is fighting to stay in circulation (stores don't want them), all fueled under the story of combating organized crime (because criminals aren't already making billions in online fraud). What it truly means when this society is cashless is that the government can swiftly hang you out to dry because you cannot access funds or hold them independent of a closed transaction system.

it is also more than a little disturbing that just buying these items in one shopping trip would trigger an investigation.

We might as well face it, we as gun owners are being singled out and identified as not being in the "collective", pariahs, outcasts...not of the body politic.
Soon we may need to be careful about who see's us throwing a rifle case in our trunks, walking out of a gun store ETC.

So friend...are you of the pod ?

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSEKvrAuR0mv_cZnPztynxmCYnw5ykty5jBGrCaSiRgNwqnVN0wDA.jpg

We might as well face it, we as gun owners are being singled out and identified as not being in the "collective", pariahs, outcasts...not of the body politic.
Soon we may need to be careful about who see's us throwing a rifle case in our trunks, walking out of a gun store ETC.

So friend...are you of the pod ?

View attachment 443821

I already do that if I put one my long guns in the trunk of my car. If my car is in the driveway, I open the garage door and back my car up until the trunk is in the garage and then load my long gun. Same thing when I unload my trunk. I like to keep a low profile if possible. All kinds of soccer moms with huge SUVs in my area.

I already do that if I put one my long guns in the trunk of my car. If my car is in the driveway, I open the garage door and back my car up until the trunk is in the garage and then load my long gun. Same thing when I unload my trunk. I like to keep a low profile if possible. All kinds of soccer moms with huge SUVs in my area.

Ain't exercising your Constitutional rights a great thing ?​

This gets my goat.

True that all financial institution have to report any transactions of $10K or greater daily, along with any transaction they deem suspicious. (I have spent years in banking) What bothers me is that if you have a significant amount of cash on your person then you have a high probability of being presumed to be acting outside of the law. We once had bills in circulation larger than $100 and now the $100 is fighting to stay in circulation (stores don't want them), all fueled under the story of combating organized crime (because criminals aren't already making billions in online fraud). What it truly means when this society is cashless is that the government can swiftly hang you out to dry because you cannot access funds or hold them independent of a closed transaction system.

And an important point for the Government is that it becomes much harder to evade taxes if all transactions are electronic. The Black Market relies on cash. "Cash don't leave tracks!"

This is also why the Government clings to Forfeiture Laws. They assume that if you have a large amount of cash, you got it by doing something illegal or evading taxes. That makes you fair game for confiscation in their eyes.

I like to think that I live in a conservative area. Lots of homes flying the flag and such. I find I get a few stares with my pro 2A stickers and shirts I wear. I have found myself loading my rifles through the garage and into my truck. It sucks but feel it's better than some nosey neighbor feeling threatened...

Out the front door in or out of rifle cases (depending on how many we are taking), along with ammo and everything else. If they are offended by that, then I am offended that they walk out in their bathrobes to fetch the newspaper...

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top