JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Walmart worker tips police to arms cache in New York college town

A Walmart employee contacted authorities after Reynolds used a gift card at the Ithaca store to buy ammunition, camping gear, drill bits, hacksaw blades, knives and other "suspicious" items, according to a criminal complaint filed on Friday.

It's a good thing he was caught (illegal silencer, straw purchased rifle, fireworks bombs), but it is also more than a little disturbing that just buying these items in one shopping trip would trigger an investigation. The items seem innocuous to me and I could totally see myself buying stuff like that in a single trip as I tend to try to do all my shopping at one go to minimize the annoyance factor.

Wow... 300 rounds of ammo. THREE HUNDRED ROUNDS!!! Geebus, it's a veritable arsenal! :eek:

What would they say if I had 20X that, just for ONE of my platforms??? o_O

Reuters "reporting" picked up by Yahoo "News"... Whaddaya expect?
And get a load of the comments section. Uninformed Leftists, Demorrhoids, and Sorosites aboundeth...

Last Edited:
Walmart worker tips police to arms cache in New York college town

It's a good thing he was caught (illegal silencer, straw purchased rifle, fireworks bombs), but it is also more than a little disturbing that just buying these items in one shopping trip would trigger an investigation. The items seem innocuous to me and I could totally see myself buying stuff like that in a single trip as I tend to try to do all my shopping at one go to minimize the annoyance factor.

While I don't like the way this sounds the guy sounds like a tinfoil hat kook. Of course this is if any of this is even close to truth. Any more I treat all media as if it was those papers they have at the checkout in the grocery store. I did have to laugh at some of the wording. Like making a big deal of 300 rounds of ammo. To me 300 rounds of ammo would be I was making a short trip at the range that day :)

...Like making a big deal of 300 rounds of ammo. To me 300 rounds of ammo would be I was making a short trip at the range that day :)
Precisely! I actually LOL'd when I read that he was accused of "...stockpiling... more than 300 rounds of ammunition..." gimmeaphuqnbreak...

The ammo part was just added on to embellish the story, obviously, that wasn't the illegal part. One of the federal laws that bothers me is the one limiting the amount of cash a person can have. It was written to help fighting the drug war but I had a buddy caught up in it as his sole crime......

...just added on to embellish the story...
This is what the Useless Liberal Media thrives upon.
They have no real counterpoint to the 2A, so they have to resort to exaggeration, embellishment, and hyperbole to achieve their scare-tactic agenda. The scary part of all of that is that it actually seems to be gaining traction...

I bought a brick of .22 at the Woodstock Portland Bi-Mart about ten years ago and the hipster marm had to call everyone in the store and then walk me to the checkout (on her own volition/not required by the store) all the while looking at me like I was on a killing spree.

So, I was planning on buying about 8,000 rounds (total) for my various platforms ahead of any ban on internet sales of ammo or this ludicrous "ammo tax" effort that is currently trying to get a hearing in the HoR (see HR 5103). Do you think that my supplier would take umbrage with an order of that magnitude...??? o_O

Last Edited:
Wow... 300 rounds of ammo. THREE HUNDRED ROUNDS!!! Geebus, it's a veritable arsenal! :eek:

What would they say if I had 20X that, just for ONE of my platforms??? o_O

Reuters "reporting" picked up by Yahoo "News"... Whaddaya expect?
And get a load of the comments section. Uninformed Leftists, Demorrhoids, and Sorosites aboundeth...

I got banned from Yahoo news while I was presenting actual facts... Go figger, they are as progressive liberals like fb & Gurgle (google)....:mad::mad::mad:

So, I was planning on buying about 8,000 rounds (total) for my various platforms ahead of any ban on internet sales of ammo or this ludicrous "ammo tax" effort that is currently trying to get a hearing in the HoR (see HR 5103). Do you think that my supplier would take umbrage with an order of that magnitude...??? o_O
The UPS guy might

While I'm not thrilled that one can be seen as suspicious by buying camping equipment and 'tools'. And find the excitement of calling 300 rounds a stockpile and him having a cache of high capacity magazines (only need 10 for 300 rds) mighty silly. I do think this guy had real potential to create havoc. I want the bad guys stopped before they go out an fu the 2A for the rest of us. Abuse of power is NEVER OK, but responding to "see something, say something" to stop people from hurting other I can live with. Know it won't be popular but...

I bought a brick of .22 at the Woodstock Portland Bi-Mart about ten years ago and the hipster marm had to call everyone in the store and then walk me to the checkout (on her own volition/not required by the store) all the while looking at me like I was on a killing spree.

A 6 pack of beer is potentially more dangerous. And they get to advertise.

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors March Gun Show
Portland, OR
Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews