JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
but it is also more than a little disturbing that just buying these items inone shopping trip would trigger an investigation.
Look at where it took place - NY - in any one of another place this purchase would have gone completely unnoticed. I find it odd the story reported the items as 'suspicious' - how could any of them be regarded as 'suspicious' when the store sells them?
Also it would be interesting to know at what point were the combination of item he had were thought of as 'suspicious' - I mean was he being followed from asile to aisle or when he laid them on the counter? And was it at the self checkout or a 'manned' ?

So I understand that the article in the OP is poorly written and among other things the straw purchase is "under-reported"...
But ...
A store that carries ammo , camping gear , tools and to add guns , might make a trip to Cabela's worthy of reporting to "Big Brother"....:eek::D
Andy

So I understand that the article in the OP is poorly written and among other things the straw purchase is "under-reported"...
But ...
A store that carries ammo , camping gear , tools and to add guns , might make a trip to Cabela's worthy of reporting to "Big Brother"....:eek::D
Andy

Yah, or Bi-Mart. Didn't clicky the linky, but what I've gleaned off of here so far seems it could have been a standard Bi-Mart run for us. Usually don't buy ammo there, except when they have a special & we're doing a shop there anyways.

Imagine if I'd picked up some powder when I bought some PVC pipe for a small project not worth going to Lowe's/HD...

Every time I go to the store this sort of thing happens. Guess I better start buying things in separate trips!o_O
Probably correct. Its not what you buy but more a matter of perception by some clerk who is 'triggered' and fearful of you. You then have to prove a negative, not them prove you are a nutcase.

If you are a law abiding US citizen you should not be made to feel like a criminal or worried that someone will report you if:
You are buying guns or ammo...
You are a gun owner...
What you read...

Unfortunately of late it seems that we as gun owners are made to be something we are not.
If you were to take a look at just this forum...you will find gun owners who:
Cheerfully help others in need...
Offer advice...
Are concerned about how and where we are going as a country...
Wanting to keep firearms out of the hands of criminals...
Willing to clean up a public use area...
Helping gun owners be safe...

In short , we on the average , at least here on NWFA are not the media stereotype or a threat to ourselves or others...
Too bad none of that gets reported ...
Andy

There is probably more to the story (a lot I would say) we are not getting. I suspect there were other elements to this that supported the initial reporting about the purchases because really how many people would equate these random items into a potential criminal activity and then report it?
This may have something to do with it:
Reynolds was previously known to authorities who detained him in June 2016 under a section of New York Mental Hygiene Law that lets police take a person who appears mentally ill to a hospital, according to the affidavit.
So - maybe he 'looked' the part? Hey flame away about appearances but I see people daily who look like they are 'guilty' of something. Bizzare clothing & facial features - men with makeup, long, black floor length overcoats in the summer etc.

Last Edited:
I bought a brick of .22 at the Woodstock Portland Bi-Mart about ten years ago and the hipster marm had to call everyone in the store and then walk me to the checkout (on her own volition/not required by the store) all the while looking at me like I was on a killing spree.
Well...Woodstock. Lol.

Wow I bought 175 rounds of XM127 12 gauge ammo and it was packed in 50 caliber metal ammo can. I ordered it online had picked up at the Tulalip store a few years ago. While I was at the store I bought few 50 round boxes of 147gr Winchester target ammo in 9mm since they had it on sale.

Same limp wristed idiots working in stores like Walmart. They are no more than test tube experiments gone wrong. :rolleyes:
8BRZQ0R.png

In a media article that suggest 300 rounds is "stockpiling", it really makes me wonder just what the heck they are talking about when they claim he had a "bullet-resistant vest".
Who in the world wants a "bullet-resistant vest", anyways? What does "bullet-resistant vest" mean?
Guess I'm not tacticool enough to know.

So this guy is investigated and arrested after one report of what sounds like normal behavior? But the kid in FL was reported how many times and no one did anything?

When are people gonna learn? I only buy my drill bits and hacksaw blades off the innerweb using a prepaid card sent to a PO box in another's name. Pup tents and mess gear are only bought using cash in FtF transactions at a flea market!!

It is 1984 in Britain & Canada right now, and American libtards are begging for it as well

Check what happened here:

Both of those countries do not have a 1st amendment. The left who "claim" the first all the time have LONG been working hard to eliminate it. Of course they spin what they are trying to do. The sad part is the useful idiots who vote for them really don't see it. They don't want to see it.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top