JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I went out to the main gate for a while but no kids here. Sadly the kooks have really ruined this time for kids. When I was a kid we would spend weeks making a costume and could not wait for sun to set that night to head out. Damn shame so few get to have that fun now
We used to carve up 4-5 pumpkins. And put a dead body in the yard, strobe light. I'd sit in a chair in the shadows some years with a bloody axe across my lap. Whatever weird I could come up with. Then the kids started dwindling. See, here in potland, they drive to the fancy neighborhoods. My neighborhood isn't fancy.

Our porch light is OFF these days. We do go to a workmate of Wifey's house where him and his son turn their entire front yard into a menagerie of horrors. They've spent many hours scouring the deserts of Central Oregon, Prineville area, for weird old stuff long thrown away, and old bleached animal carcass parts. They had an old wagon hearse they had built with a very realistic looking corpse in it. We just stand out front and watch as hoards of kids and parents come through to get treats and stare in awe.
I really miss the hordes of kids. I used to love being able to pass out candy to excited little faces all dressed up. :(
And then go out to see the little bastids have kicked the faces of you jack-o-lanterns in!? As kids, all we ever did was blow out the candles. Bad boys we were!

Didn't see a single trick or treater. Probably because of the homeless. Heard lots of fireworks, speeding cars and drunk yelling people, though.

What could I give kids anyway? Here, have a can of corn, maybe a slice of wonderbread and if you open up your bag real wide you can have a dollop of hamburger helper.

Didn't see a single trick or treater. Probably because of the homeless. Heard lots of fireworks, speeding cars and drunk yelling people, though.

What could I give kids anyway? Here, have a can of corn, maybe a slice of wonderbread and if you open up your bag real wide you can have a dollop of hamburger helper.
Man, I was reading this and went to look thinking it would say PDX under your name. Sigh.

Been at this house for 19 years and again we had zero kiddos........I think we have had less than five in all the time we have been here. Most places have a dedicated area of town for the event. The last town I lived in there was a set route and we in the fire department blocked the streets off and let all the kiddos run wild so nobody would get run over. One year we had a drunk make it into the route and three guys about killed him yanking him out of his car...good times.
I live on a dark dead end road in the country....not the best place for trick or treating.
Look on the bright side. It's a geographical challenge, and not because the kids have to stay away from you due to court order.

See? Bright side!

That's tragic. I was prime trick-or-treating age when I was growing up on Donald St. We used to work both sides of the street all the way up to Fox Hollow Rd and back down. Man, the cavities my parents had to pay to fix were epic.....

WTF is with fireworks being a weekend party favor??

I hear them all summer long, especially on weekends, especially anywhere trailer parkish.

We have a very popular neighborhood and even with covid last year had over 100 ankle biters, teens, and accompanying parents. This year was average with about 200-220. We give out a variety of Walmart brand sodas in the small cans which is very popular and most everyone loves when they see it. Often hear "Best House EVER!"

When the kids were younger, I was amazed at how much of their loot was "poisoned," out of date, a funny color, smashed, or otherwise questionable; especially the peanut butter cups, almond joys, and snickers. Did what I could to keep the kids safe.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top