JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
The last child just got back from robbing the neighborhood of candy.

Here's some "also ran" items.

20211031_194209.jpg
Borderline, but allowable.

20211031_194248.jpg
Never heard of this one.

I went out to the main gate for a while but no kids here. Sadly the kooks have really ruined this time for kids. When I was a kid we would spend weeks making a costume and could not wait for sun to set that night to head out. Damn shame so few get to have that fun now

Some fool of a neighbor put a big bowl of Twix, Tootsie Pops etc. on his front porch and left.
Burp.
Lol, I only took a few and no kids came up to his porch anyway and and

I went out to the main gate for a while but no kids here. Sadly the kooks have really ruined this time for kids. When I was a kid we would spend weeks making a costume and could not wait for sun to set that night to head out. Damn shame so few get to have that fun now
I saw a kid that was a tugboat.

No pics. Only went to 6 houses total, and 2 didnt have lights on. First time for 18 month old. Lets see.

One squishy flashing rubbery yoyo thing with tag saying "not suitable for children under 6" :eek:

1 fake tattoo :rolleyes:

1 Haribo gummy snack bag :s0001:

1 Rice Krispies brick treat

1 tiny toy that looks like should be in those 50 cent dispensers

1 Reeses cup :D

2 Boyer Smoothies Peanut Butter cups 🤔

1 regular small Milky Way bar (1/2 the size of regular bar)

1 Milky Way Mini (1/4 the size of the regular bar)

Hm. Most if not all the above are not suitable for a toddler :rolleyes:

I haven't had a single trick or treater yet.

The church down the road is having some "trunk or treating" bullbubblegum. Allowing church members to park their cars in the lot, open their trunks and put bowls of candy in them for the kids.

Edit - I got 2 kids show up, thus they got to split the bowl of candy. I turned off my porch light. Goodnight.

Last Edited:
My wife and children did the trick'r'treat thing in town as they do most years. (My family never did it, so the practice is largely lost on me.) But when they got home with the haul I said "Sheez, you guys hit a candy supply truck or something?" :s0112:

We went to my oldest kid's house in Newberg, there are a lot of young families the same age as my oldest. Before sunset until about 8 pm, we were taking turns answering the door nonstop.

In my neighborhood in Beaverton, there have only been a few young families moved in... so we're still in a Trick or Treat drought.

We went to my oldest kid's house in Newberg, there are a lot of young families the same age as my oldest. Before sunset until about 8 pm, we were taking turns answering the door nonstop.

In my neighborhood in Beaverton, there have only been a few young families moved in... so we're still in a Trick or Treat drought.
I really miss the hordes of kids. I used to love being able to pass out candy to excited little faces all dressed up. :(

I was in Salem having dinner with my kids. They never really got into it, but we saw many more out this year than I can remember.
I saw a kid that was a tugboat.
Was the chunky little brother an anchor?

The trunk and treat thing has been a thing around here for over 5 years.
Next year, bring a trunk full of squirt guns.

It is nice having older kids.
My 12 year old went out with his buddy out to West Linn. He scored a bunch of full size stuff.
My 14 year old had a friend of hers over for the night. They went out together and stayed out of trouble.
Both of my kids gave me full sized Reeses PB cups. I ate them.

The old lady and i sat at home watching a terrible horror movie that i paid for. I want my money back.
We ate candy out of the bowl.
Now it is back to my no sugar diet until Turkey day.

Been at this house for 19 years and again we had zero kiddos........I think we have had less than five in all the time we have been here. Most places have a dedicated area of town for the event. The last town I lived in there was a set route and we in the fire department blocked the streets off and let all the kiddos run wild so nobody would get run over. One year we had a drunk make it into the route and three guys about killed him yanking him out of his car...good times.
I live on a dark dead end road in the country....not the best place for trick or treating.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top