JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
HOWEVER...All kidding aside - I posted about this a couple years ago so I'll mention it again. I had to put up with my neighbors two rotts for many years. Whenever I went out into my backyard they would literally 'patrol' my fence and snarl, growl and were attempting to get at me. I called animal control a few times and the told me they would come out and if my claims were true they would watch for 15 minutes and then slap a $250 per dog fine on the owner. These were nasty, ugly creatures that probably topped 150 per and I would have not hesitated a bit to splatter them - I actually never went outside without a cheap sawed off. Long story short the female of the two finally died (natural causes) and that took the pack mentality out of the other. He hardly makes a sound now - probably close to his own 'time' also.

let's see Iv'e known my dogs a long time, I don't know you or your kids. Go ahead kick or shoot my dog, see what happens.

I also respond to phony irs collection calls with, "sure I got the money, right here on the table, come on over and I'll give you what I owe you" No one has shown up yet, dammit.

I had a dog bite me because I spoke English to it.
I was in Paris France and after I said a couple of words in English, a very friendly German Shepard mix dog which seemed to love everyone in the group, goes nuts and takes a good healthy chunk out of my leg.
Once I said a few words of French to it, he settled down and reverted back to a big lovable puppy.
It was then that I realized that pets hear their own native language, and another countries language is foreign to them.

let's see Iv'e known my dogs a long time, I don't know you or your kids. Go ahead kick or shoot my dog, see what happens.

I also respond to phony irs collection calls with, "sure I got the money, right here on the table, come on over and I'll give you what I owe you" No one has shown up yet, dammit.
Like you said it's a people problem,so I should take the dog's attack as the owner's.Then I should respond to the owner before the dog,right?
Maybe a guy should kick or shoot the owner first?
See where this goes when you have your attitude? I can take a dog's attack as the owner trying to kill or do grave bodily harm to me.Maybe he has another dog he will call? Better take the owner out first,then the dog

Or just realize that it is just stupid to have a dog around people .....off your own property..... that as any inclination to attack any human being. Mostly people that are scared have dogs like that in public.
I just carry a gun so I don't need to have my dog do the dirty work of bad people

Go to bing images, type in "kid attacked by dog" take off safe search........:eek::(:mad:

Don't take chances, keep your young kids and yes, everyone else's young kids as safe as possible. They don't all have someone around keeping them out of harms way.

Happy Father's Day.

Your biting dog? lol. I think some people have a death wish when they dare people about some things.

my input is somewhat sarcastic, somewhat reality based, you pick. I did learn something years ago, when a dog charges at you barking in many cases he is fearful and shouting at you (in his own way) "who are you what are you doing here? go away or I'll get mean!" most people make the wrong response, by backing away and showing weakness. In many cases by shouting back and not pulling away or retreating the dog will stop barking and either leave or submit, I have not been bitten, ever, but no guarantees this will work for you. Remember this, the dog that is not barking is the dangerous one.
I recieved training many years ago to inhibit the natural fear response that ALL humans feel when challenged by a dog (or other agressive animal) . Before I say this let me preface it by saying I have never harmed or beaten an animal in my life, never found it to be needed under any circumstances. I don't understand the mentality that requires that some people take that sort of action. I carry puperoni in my car for other people dogs for christ's sake! O.K. here goes, a dog has no hands and only one thing to grab you with, the bones of a canine are the size of a small human child, while his jaws and muscles associated with them are formidable, it's his presentation of them to you that invoke fear. This is primal and hard wired into your brain to fear them.
Once this fear is overcome the dog doesn't stand a chance.

I also feel if your child is mauled by an animal you should go to jail for child endangerment, all parental rights removed and restitution made to the animals owner. Watch your damned kids!

I also feel if your child is mauled by an animal you should go to jail for child endangerment, all parental rights removed and restitution made to the animals owner. Watch your damned kids!
So you're the guy that got the turtles and peacocks banned from the Portland zoo! lol

Once this fear is overcome the dog doesn't stand a chance.
Yea? Well if you had to endure what I did from the two Rotts on my back fence for YEARS you might have thought differently. These were two vicious creatures that I feared enough to carry a SG when I went into the back of my property. What if they had breached my fence and I was unarmed? I would have stood little chance other than to maybe have gotten the blade open on my Leatherman to stab at them. Sorry but these were two ugly animals I would have not hesitated to put a round into their tailless azzes as a bullseye. I actually offered the owner to put the one that got sick out of is misery but he declined and continued to give it meds until it died naturally. Gross animals Rottweilers - heavy front appendages, huge heads with lifeless eyes - literally nothing more than dryland sharks - good targets as far as I am concerned.

Coop,you were correct in an earlier post by saying people need to keep their kids away from other' dogs until it is cleared to be OK.Some folks will let their kids run at friendly dogs that go on the defensive when the animal twice their size seems to be attacking them.
RVTECH,the rotties next door knew,smelt the fear in you and acted like that because you were afraid of them.Had you went to the fence daily and talked to them or sat there and ignored them,they would have eventually quit bothering you.
BTW,rotties are very good dogs IF they are socialized with other animals and people.They have been know to save small children,no not for dinner,but from danger and if socialized correctly they will run over problem dogs without having to bite them

I had 2 grand pyrenese (SP?) next door, acted in much the same manner at first, (think big white "Cujo") fed them a few treats through the fence, and every time I went out they were there for more treats the barking stopped. When the gate was left open a few months later, they came to my door to mooch and I brought them home. we were best of pals.

All one needs do is go to "YouTube" and look up dogs attacking people to see what a good dog gone bad looks like.
This morning,,, I was getting into the shower and heard a high pitched, highly excited growl/whine?? I live in a remote location and the only neighbor is my Son on the 10 acres down the hill.

I put on slippers (buck naked otherwise), grabbed the handgun that lives on the top of the freezer at the back door and opened the door to hear again that agitated sound, which was coming from the pole barn. My wife has a new group of 6 baby goats in one of the stalls and I found a malamut cross doing his damnest to kill them, he was going over the top of the stall when the first round hit him.
He began biting at the impact point growling in a spinning circle. At the next shot he came full at me, the next two rounds killed him. This animal had gone full kill crazy before I had ever entered the barn or laid eyes on him.
Had I not had a handgun, hell who knows?
The term "fight like a dog" means just that, make no mistake about it.
Those that think you can make nice with a dog that has flipped the switch either hasn't been there or is fooling themselves.

I swear I actually put three rounds of .45 ACP through an attacking Rottweiller a few years back, all we're pass through vitals and he barely slowed as he took off. He died after I put one more in his head at the owners house. They were very apologetic that the attack had occurred and fully understood (that is another story in itself)

I regret to have had to do any of these things, trust me I'm a dog person, yet again a dog is not a person, they think and play by a whole different set of rules.

I took a walk early this morning and thought of this thread.. lol. I was on the 205 trail around OC (think walled and fenced gauntlet) and an ownerless pit with a harness on it appeared on the trail via a rare feeder access point about 25' in front of me.
I immediately queried "what you doin'" or some such without breaking stride. The dog was cool and there really was no owner for all I could see on looking back quite a ways.
I noticed that my heart did beat a little harder two whole times after I realized that it was just out being a dog.. lol

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top