JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Just my opinion but a true pit bull has been bred for decades for basically one thing, we all know what that is.
Some of the worse examples come from shelters. Animals such as these are left out after being used for fighting (truly vile people do this) and then picked up by pounds and shelters and an "attempt" is made to rehab them.

Taking in an animal like one of these is a risk in itself, bringing them into a new environment with children in it borders on insanity.

I equate it to handing a group of kids a grenade to play with and telling not to pull the pin out, at least with the grenade you can see and know where the pin is.

Dogs that aren't used to kids will occasionally bite unprovoked, especially if they're getting on in years. Small kids seem to trigger the dominance urge in adult dogs who haven't been around them (or haven't been around kids for a while); this usually starts with the dog knocking the kid down (if they're standing) and grabbing a body part in their teeth.

They don't necessarily bite...at first, but kids - unlike other dogs - will scream and struggle if a dog grabs them, which confuses the dog, so they bite down harder, to keep their grip, leading to injury of the child.

Unless the dog was very aggressive - barking and snarling at the kid without provocation - I'd let him go with a warning. As I see it, unless the dog is aggressive, every dog gets one bite for free, but on the second bite they die.

Jim

as an owner of one of the number 1 biters, I am proud of my little dachshunds. I show them photos of litttle kids and encourage them to bite the vile little creatures. Noisy, smelly, rude little turds deserve what they get. people ask "why oh why has your dog mauled my perfect little child?", Imagine someone the the size of a 10 story building charging at YOU yelling "puppy puppy puppy" with arms out streched trying to grab you and do unspeakable things.

watch your goddamned kids, I didn't make them. It's not my job to watch out for them, IT'S YOUR JOB!!
On my street there is a breeder who has put out a sign, "Slow children playing". With a 10,000 square foot lot, your kids have to play in the damned street? Screw you!
Or maybe, she's trying to let every one know that they are "slow children playing" because they are easier to hit?
don't know, don't care, just keep an eye on your stupid kids, and keep them the hell away from me.

lol
Back when I was real little, my Mom actually had me (don't know about my brothers) on some sort of child-leash when we rarely navigated public streets on foot.
I didn't bite but was a little wild I guess.
Now they just drug the little F's.

as an owner of one of the number 1 biters, I am proud of my little dachshunds. I show them photos of litttle kids and encourage them to bite the vile little creatures. Noisy, smelly, rude little turds deserve what they get. people ask "why oh why has your dog mauled my perfect little child?", Imagine someone the the size of a 10 story building charging at YOU yelling "puppy puppy puppy" with arms out streched trying to grab you and do unspeakable things.

watch your goddamned kids, I didn't make them. It's not my job to watch out for them, IT'S YOUR JOB!!
On my street there is a breeder who has put out a sign, "Slow children playing". With a 10,000 square foot lot, your kids have to play in the damned street? Screw you!
Or maybe, she's trying to let every one know that they are "slow children playing" because they are easier to hit?
don't know, don't care, just keep an eye on your stupid kids, and keep them the hell away from me.
Perfect example of why I don't live in tacoma.
I'm not above beating down a dog owner for their dog being a POS like themselves

Yep, when humans place more value on their dogs than their children it truly is a human problem. I value my own two dogs more than a handful of humans I've met, but when it comes to little kids that goes out the window, an unprovoked attack draws an automatic sentence.

I'll kick a dog before I'll shoot it. If the dog wants more after a kick, then a bullet is well justified.
If its a Rottweiler, Pit Bull or other large/muscular breed....if I am justified in kicking it that means I am justified in shooting it. A kick that misses the target can result in (a) you losing your balance and winding up on the ground or (b) the dog locking on to your foot or leg which can also put you on the ground. The ground is not where I want to be against one of those dogs.

I love dogs...especially bully breeds....but I was mauled by one as a child and wound up with about 60 stitches in my leg and a scar that is clearly visible 40 years later. In my opinion, any dog that bites a person without provocation needs to be put down, particularly if it is a breed that is powerful enough to do serious damage. The definition of "provocation" would also be contingent upon the dogs ability to do damage, with the more powerful breeds being held to a far more stringent standard.

Just my opinion but a true pit bull has been bred for decades for basically one thing, we all know what that is.
Some of the worse examples come from shelters. Animals such as these are left out after being used for fighting (truly vile people do this) and then picked up by pounds and shelters and an "attempt" is made to rehab them.

Taking in an animal like one of these is a risk in itself, bringing them into a new environment with children in it borders on insanity.

I equate it to handing a group of kids a grenade to play with and telling not to pull the pin out, at least with the grenade you can see and know where the pin is.

Pit Bulls were bred to fight other dogs, not to bite people.

The subhuman pieces of fecal material who fight these dogs have to handle them when they are in the fighting pit, and they sure as hell don't want to get bitten themselves so they typically shoot the ones that show any aggression towards people.

I am a UPS driver on a rural route and I have thousands of encounters with customers dogs every year. The two breeds I fear the most are German Shepherds and Chows. I have never once had a problem with a Pit Bull or a Doberman, the ones on my route are all very sweet and loveable dogs. Pitts and Dobies are very easy for me to "read" in terms of body language and they make it very obvious to you whether they are friendly or not. Shepherds and Chows tend to be far less friendly that Pit Bulls and are almost impossible for me to read. There are a few that I have learned to trust, but far more that I haven't. In 27 years of driving I have never been bitten, and have only had to use force against a dog one time. The rest I either win over with love and biscuits, or avoid altogether.

simple- bad people own bad dogs, good people own good dogs, no matter the breed. I have met some of the sweetest slobbery loving "killer" breed dogs, usually owned by some of the sweetest slobbery loving women I have known.

A Yorkie lacks the physical ability to do serious harm to a child, so allowing it to live and committing to keep it away from children is probably an acceptable risk.

I was kidding . At 6 lbs and seven " high at the back , he's not much of a threat. Might lick ya to death. Now my 15 lb Silky I got to watch like a hawk.:p

I was literally attacked with serious attempt and intent Thursday by a Mexican pit bull (Chiwawa) that couldn't have weighed two and a half bucks at tops,, laughed my arse off while the young lady that owned it tried to control her beast, glad it wasn't 30 lbs, he thought he was though.

Funniest dog 'attack' I ever witnessed was many years ago when I had a black lab and a golden retriever. A neighbors Sheit'zou crossed 5 acres to grab my labs leg to which didn't really bother him and he was trying to shake it off. Well the Golden saw this and went into protective mode and grabbed it by the rear and pulled it off. Lab decided this looked like fun so he grabbed it by the neck and both had it stretched out like a toy. They dropped it moments later and it headed back home. They didn't hurt it as it appeared to be more like a plaything to them than a threat.

I had a lady get absolutely furious at me one time for giving her 100+ lb Doberman a biscuit when it jumped up in to the cab of my UPS truck and then came into the back to meet me for the first time while I was retrieving her package.

I politely explained to her that I have a Prize Box on the shelf behind the door, and that any dog that jumps up into my truck automatically gets to choose a Prize from that box. Prize #1 is a genuine Milk Bone dog biscuit. Prize #2 is a genuine 5-cell Mag Light upside the head. Every dog is free to choose which Prize it wants, and so far 100% of the dogs that I have surveyed have chosen Prize #1 and I tend to get a lot of repeat business and happy Prize recipients. Better for the dog, better for me, better for the owner. I will respect anyone's wishes in regards to not feeding their dog treats, but when said dog is 100 lbs of Doberman that jumps into my truck uninvited, it will be getting the Prize of its choosing until the owner secures it or makes other arrangements.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top