JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Hey all,

For many years I carried using bladetech Kydex holsters. I recently acquired a Milt Sparks VMII holster and love the thing. I have been using it for a few months now, but it creaks.

It ins't THAT big of a deal, but it is kind of a give-away that I am carrying. (I might as well throw on some spurs to complete the experience. ;) )

Anyhoo, does your leather holster creak and what (if anything) do you do about it?

Thanks!

Most of the time when a holster creaks it is caused by the belt rubbing and shifting in the belt loops. Usually a little talcum powder or paraffin on the belt loops will help stop the creak. The other thing that will help is additional use of the holster. As it gets broken in better the creaking should lessen.

Eugene

Most of the time when a holster creaks it is caused by the belt rubbing and shifting in the belt loops. Usually a little talcum powder or paraffin on the belt loops will help stop the creak. The other thing that will help is additional use of the holster. As it gets broken in better the creaking should lessen.

Eugene

Don't tell him that. He was about to give it to me. :s0114: :s0114: :s0114:

I am experiencing the same thing. I have been breaking in two Milt Sparks holsters and both of them are still creaking a little. It will stop eventually. I wasn't sure my Axiom for my CBOB would ever break in, but I did what the guys at Milt Sparks said and just put it in the bag my holster came in, plus another holster bag and another freezer bag and jammed it as far down in the holster as I could get it. It still binds a little after multiple presentations of the pistol, but it should as it is an open top holster.

My PMK for my SP101 was much easier to break in as all I need to do is clear the cylinder to free the revolver.

Give it time! :winkkiss:

How loud is the "creak"? You might be hypersenistive to a mild noise, I expect no one except you notices the "creak". It will fit you far better than the bladetec in time. In the short term a little wax on the rub points will help but it just a matter of time to break it in. The more you wear it the faster it breaks in.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top