JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I sold and shipped a spotting scope to someone from this site and they claim that is is unusable. They've requested a full refund on PayPal. This is the message that I got from them.

"Good afternoon,

I've not been able to get anything and I've even looked through the objective to see a tiny view.... the scope was diagonal in the box with the box being the insulation in the cors.

If there's no tricks or ? to get it to work then I'd guess that the mirrors, prisms or whatever vortex designed for the angled portion. I've had it on an extremely HD tripod in my front yard and a lighter one indoors looking out.

I've been shooting professionally since the early eighties which amounts to zilch, save my knowledge of how to take care of optics for 35mm, multi medium format as well as 8x10". Together with film and video cameras as well as surveying equipment. I've not done a thing to it and there's no noticable loose parts inside.

If there's no special thing to obtain view(s), it was damaged in shipping but as mentioned, treated like fine china by me. I'm on a very tight SSDI monthly fixed income which doesn't even include the fact that my right eye has gone to 20-30% (I'm having to switch eyes for shooting which is why I'm having to purchase the scope. Please advise."

A few things that are red flags to me is the nonsense about a history of taking care of optics and claiming that a loss of vision in one eye is what caused them to buy a new spotting scope.

Does this seem like a scam to anyone else?

I wouldn't bite on that without proof. And if it IS damaged, it may be covered by the manufacturer. I certainly wouldn't be issuing a red cent for a refund without the physical object in my hands. That sounds like a way to get a free scope to me.

Also, how is it your problem if he's on SSDI? Sounds like another "homeless vet" pity party to me

Tell him to look through the small end.......
If he is looking through the small end already, move closer.
Also, how is it your problem if he's on SSDI? Sounds like another "homeless vet" pity party to me
And don't pity us fixed income homeless vets (yes, I am one).

Glad I'm not the only one that had their BS meter go off. The user goes by scratchingpost on here so anyone might want to steer clear of dealing with him.

I'm guessing someone has hacked his account and is pretending to be him. He has 41 positive feedbacks so that speaks well for him. He has listed a $5000 LMT and a $3300 Lantac Raven for sale in July so pleading poverty is a bit of a stretch. Both ads are well-written, not like the drivel you received. @Moderators can you check this out??

I'm guessing someone has hacked his account and is pretending to be him. He has 41 positive feedbacks so that speaks well for him. He has listed a $5000 LMT and a $3300 Lantac Raven for sale in July so pleading poverty is a bit of a stretch. Both ads are well-written, not like the drivel you received. @Moderators can you check this out??
Yeah the positive feedback was confusing so I don't think it's actually him.

Being that close, resolve it in person. Vortex has a great repair policy, so maybe cover the shipping to vortex if it is really that case? Smells like BS.

I recently had a GB scam that I called off (bid on it because they accepted CC so thought it may be legit) when I realized the gun pictures were from a different revision than advertised (NRCH vs RCH).

On here, I had someone reach out for the cetme L that has been a member a long time and a couple of posts that don't really contain any value. It may be legit but a lot of issues.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top