JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
My Garmin 750 has been looking for satellites since Sunday evening. I live in McMinnville & took my son to PDX Sunday evening & the GPS was going whacky. At one point it said our elevation was -1150 ft and it couldn't find any satellites today. I'm thinking it's because of the forest fires but was wondering if anyone else is having the same issue. I updated the s/w a couple of months ago so that shouldn't be the problem.

GPS is a great tool ... But nothing beats a map , compass and protractor in my mind.
Andy
DSC06038.jpg

Yeah .. it is kinda difficult to use map . compass and protractor while driving....:eek::D
I still say that for hiking , hunting etc ... A GPS is fine , but learn how to use a map & compass along with knowing your pace count...
ANdy

Backed up my data with Garmin Express, watched a Youtube video on how to do a factory reset & everything is peachy keen. Restored all my data so I still have the address of my favorite donut shop in Sacramento.

Sometimes I think my phone GPS is worried that I have Alzheimer's. When I decide to take a different route to a destination than what was instructed, i would get assorted comments:
Make a U-turn.
Do know where you are going?
Are you sure you really want to do that?
You never listen to me.
You're not from around here, are you?

Sometimes I think my phone GPS is worried that I have Alzheimer's. When I decide to take a different route to a destination than what was instructed, i would get assorted comments:
Make a U-turn.
Do know where you are going?
Are you sure you really want to do that?
You never listen to me.

You're not from around here, are you?

With the first four I I was going to guess "your wife"!

True story.... I called my wife from the road and while on the phone the female GPS voice says "take the next exit ahead"... My wife immediately says "I thought you said you were on a business trip alone.... Who is with you?".....:eek:o_O

Did I mention I have a jealous wife?

Just looks cool all together ... It was the knife I carried in the Army ... Along with my compass , protractor , pace counter and a map that "followed" me home...:D
Andy

I had a sweet double-edged Gerber.... it came off my LBE during a night/time op in Southern Honduras back in the 80's..... stupid me (a young, newly minted PFC) forgot to lanyard it. :(:rolleyes:

Id've liked to seen the face of the "Mo" (short-slang for indigenous "Moron") who may have eventually found it.... for them it would've been like winning the Megabucks lottery.

BTW- at fist glance your pace counter only looked good for 3.789 K's.... :s0108:

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top