JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Vancouver, WA resident looking to have a Red Dirt USA trigger (https://reddirt-usa.com/staccato-grip-st-trigger-flat-silver/) installed and fitted on my Staccato P.

What should I expect to pay for this type of work?

Am I being foolish bringing this to a gunsmith? I'm mechanically capable but I always think about resale, I tend to prefer to buy professionally installed than DIY.

Last Edited:
You can learn to disassemble a 1911. Replacing the trigger is pretty easy if you know how to take
it apart. Not much fitting needs to be done to do a trigger swap. But if you want a "Trigger Job"
that requires fitting the hammer, sear and disconnector. I like to tinker with guns. I have done
Trigger work on 1911s since the 1980s. I am not asking to work on any ones guns but mine
and my family. Jerry Kuhnhausen 1911 shop manual is how I learned how to work on 1911s.
Also the 1911 sear jig is needed. Learn to do it yourself. Look at the sear, hammer, disconnector
and sear spring sets that are pre fitted. Some adjusting and knowledge is still required.
1699547349132.png

Last Edited:
You can learn to disassemble a 1911. Replacing the trigger is pretty easy if you know how to take
it apart. Not much fitting needs to be done to do a trigger swap. But if you want a "Trigger Job"
that requires fitting the hammer, sear and disconnector. I like to tinker with guns. I have done
Trigger work on 1911s since the 1980s. I am not asking to work on any ones guns but mine
and my family. Jerry Kuhnhausen 1911 shop manual is how I learned how to work on 1911s.
Also the 1911 sear jig is needed. Learn to do it yourself. Look at the sear, hammer, disconnector
and sear spring sets that are pre fitted. Some adjusting and knowledge is still required.
View attachment 1758666
Is the fire control group in a 2011 the same as a 1911 for replacement parts? I have a RIA Tac Ultra in 10mm that would be a fun project to swap out triggers.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top