JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
A potato gun is a NFA destructive device?

""Any weapon by whatever name known which will, or which may be readily converted to, expel a projectile by the action of an explosive or other propellant, the barrel or barrels of which have a bore of more than one-half inch in diameter, except a shotgun or shotgun shell which the Secretary finds is generally recognized as particularly suitable for sporting purposes." Source: 26 U.S.C, Section 5845(f)."

oh i dont know a shoe string is an MG

shoestring-machinegun.jpg

ATF-shoestring-machine-gun-2007.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
A potato gun is a NFA destructive device?

""Any weapon by whatever name known which will, or which may be readily converted to, expel a projectile by the action of an explosive or other propellant, the barrel or barrels of which have a bore of more than one-half inch in diameter, except a shotgun or shotgun shell which the Secretary finds is generally recognized as particularly suitable for sporting purposes." Source: 26 U.S.C, Section 5845(f)."

A spudgun is entirely suitable for sporting purposes! They absolutely knock the crap out of feral cats...provided you can hit. It is a muzzleloader, after all!

Besides...everyone knows that the best spudguns are compressed air powered. :D

Actually, spud guns are popular with the amateur radio gang. They work great for launching antennas into trees. The best ones are air/gas powered, and there have been construction articles in a recent QST magazines. The suckers work much better than sling shots or arrows.

i have no clue.. but here's a couple thoughts-

hairspray spud-guns ARE firearms, literally speaking
compressed-air spud-guns are air-guns, NOT firearms (you have to have fire to have a firearm)
since spud-guns are never rifled, i think that makes a difference- but i'm not up on the smoothbore muzzle-loading crap, so i cant tell you what.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top