JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
A potato gun is a NFA destructive device?

""Any weapon by whatever name known which will, or which may be readily converted to, expel a projectile by the action of an explosive or other propellant, the barrel or barrels of which have a bore of more than one-half inch in diameter, except a shotgun or shotgun shell which the Secretary finds is generally recognized as particularly suitable for sporting purposes." Source: 26 U.S.C, Section 5845(f)."

oh i dont know a shoe string is an MG

shoestring-machinegun.jpg

ATF-shoestring-machine-gun-2007.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
A potato gun is a NFA destructive device?

""Any weapon by whatever name known which will, or which may be readily converted to, expel a projectile by the action of an explosive or other propellant, the barrel or barrels of which have a bore of more than one-half inch in diameter, except a shotgun or shotgun shell which the Secretary finds is generally recognized as particularly suitable for sporting purposes." Source: 26 U.S.C, Section 5845(f)."

A spudgun is entirely suitable for sporting purposes! They absolutely knock the crap out of feral cats...provided you can hit. It is a muzzleloader, after all!

Besides...everyone knows that the best spudguns are compressed air powered. :D

Actually, spud guns are popular with the amateur radio gang. They work great for launching antennas into trees. The best ones are air/gas powered, and there have been construction articles in a recent QST magazines. The suckers work much better than sling shots or arrows.

i have no clue.. but here's a couple thoughts-

hairspray spud-guns ARE firearms, literally speaking
compressed-air spud-guns are air-guns, NOT firearms (you have to have fire to have a firearm)
since spud-guns are never rifled, i think that makes a difference- but i'm not up on the smoothbore muzzle-loading crap, so i cant tell you what.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top