JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
We have a surfeit of turkeys this year. But at $25 a tag.....
fallturkeys.jpg

It is quite clear what I am asking, nobody seems to have trouble with it on other 4ms. But since you seem to need help I will clarify. At $25 a tag does anyone even bother hunting fall turkeys?

When we draw our "dream" deer tags for the Northside unit, there are tons of turkeys. Fall turkeys are much easier to hunt than spring turkeys. If a feller has a tag, it's pretty much like buying a scrawny, gamey turkey for 25-bucks. But 25-bucks is pretty cheap for bragging points.:D

As far as buying tags from ODFW...I have cut way back. Used to buy them all via the Sports Pac. Now I only buy the tags I'll actually use, ala cart.

Personally, I love Wild Turkey, especially if it's properly smoked with mesquite wood. Creamed Baby Peas with Pearl Onions and Cornbread! Now that makes for Good Eats but at $25.00 a pop plus the cost of getting there just doesn't make sense to me. :):):)

Personally, I love Wild Turkey, especially if it's properly smoked with mesquite wood. Creamed Baby Peas with Pearl Onions and Cornbread! Now that makes for Good Eats but at $25.00 a pop plus the cost of getting there just doesn't make sense to me. :):):)
We all know (even if we don't admit) hunting doesn't really make economic sense. To me, wild turkeys are another example of silly law. They are a non indigenous species just like collared doves and wild boar that the F&G would like to eradicate. Off course so Are Chinese pheasants and wild horses. They pick and choose whatever they like to promote or persecute. If they had been the result of birds escaping from some farmer, they would charge him with a crime but if the introduction is by the government it is OK.

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors March Gun Show
Portland, OR
Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR