JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
If you're ego is too fragile to handle letting someone else "win" a stupid verbal confrontation, it's probably too fragile to to handle carrying a gun.

I can't tell if that will come out as someone else's quote or not, but it cuts to the very bone of the point I've wanted to make from the beginning. So well said. I think I said it before, but gun goes in the pocket, ego must be taken out of the equation.

ok so please tell me what you would do?

I'm in a park and someone picks a fight with me, how am I to know if he has MMA training, is on drugs that increase strength and decrease feeling, etc? At that point I have a gun in my pocket. I need to wait until I reasonably feel that my life is in danger?, do I need to let the individual do a certain amount of damage before i act?,
do I wait until the guy is kicking me in the head,.
\

since you are not talking about just words but action where does you ego stand when some one is not backing down or letting you leave without a fight?
please do tell

And just so you know, here is what I would do, legal or not.

Hand on gun reply that I mean no harm just walking through. Keep walking if possible. Bad guy jumps in front again, repeat. Don't push, don't escalate. Stop and wait. Take verbal abuse, and try to keep walking. bubblegum attacks, I pull and try to show what I am holding (maybe warning round in the ground). Keeps coming, it is drop time.

Otherwise, I walk on and call the cops.

Did you read the link I gave for the Idaho Supreme Court ruling in "In re Brickley" back in 1902? There is some very pertinent (to this discussion) language in that ruling. Read it very carefully, and look at the justices objection to concealed carry. Unrestricted, Unlicensed OC is legal in Idaho because of this ruling.

It is VERY SHORT BTW: In re BRICKEY.

Oregon is a stand your ground state, we don't have a castle doctrine. They are different statutes. Stand your ground means just that, whereas a castle doctrine says anyone you have the right to use deadly force when someone is trespassing on your property, breaks into your house, etc. Basically all the things for which people ought to be shot.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top