JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I have a Dillon Concealed Carry Tote that I received as a gift.

It's alright. I like how the pistol is kept. I've used it when I had papers or course materials to carry. The Velcro on the pouches felt solid and hold magazines. I've walked a couple miles with it and it carries ok too.

I wish it was larger so I could actually carry my laptop. I believe it would work with a 12" screen.

I've been using my current maxpedition malaga bag for about 14 months now. This one has been used exclusively as a ccw/netbook bag and up until a few weeks ago I thought it would last through almost anything.

But, a few weeks ago the threading that holds the shoulder strap on came loose when I was walking and fell off almost immediately. The problem is the stitching came undone. I thought it wouldn't be a problem, but now i'm getting the cold shoulder from maxpeditions warranty department.
Their website says to send an email to get a service code... well, I've sent them 3 emails and have yet to get a response. On monday i'll be calling.
It is something that I could fix myself, but I shouldn't have to.

I've gone from singing their praises to being reluctant to recommend their products. Hopefully the results of a phone call will make me a believer again.

If you carry a ccw bag, which one and why?

http://www.creativeconcealment.biz/images/Briefcase Exc 7755.jpg

This is a great way to carry if you do not want a murse or you need to fit into a business environment. I have had this for five years and it is holding up very well. Real leather and only $97.00!

I carry a full sized Glock and extra mags and you don't even notice the weight or bulk due to the hidden holster being in the very center of the briefcase. You can carry a 17" laptop at the same time.

I personally don't like idea of the women's' purse or the man purse for carrying a weapon. I think it's just better on your person.

Now if you are out biking,hiking or camping,then it a good idea.
Then when you want to go swimming or such,maybe hanging out in the swim trunks WITH FRIENDS,NOT DRINKING ,you can leave it laying by the other gear.
I mean if you are out at the public swim hole around people you don't know,do you really feel comfortable laying the bag on the beach?

As far as in town situations,I just don't feel comfortable having the gun not on my person. You still have to carry the bag with you every move.
Are you going to set it down and go get your order or hit the latrine?
God I hope not.
Even if you have a friend with you,they may have to go somewhere when you left them with the bag.Maybe they don't understand the gravity of the bag getting stolen. Not something you should put on anyone,anyway

I have a couple Maxpeditions and all I use them for is carrying gear for hunting and hiking

:s0159:

Are you going to set it down and go get your order or hit the latrine?

Actually, I was thinking, it's probably easier to go to the bathroom and carry if you have one of these bags... if you have to drop your pants to drop a deuce, at least you won't have to worry about your piece dragging them down to the floor. You can just strategically position the bag on your body so you can do your business AND retain your gun securely.

Or you can live your life like me, where I try to never take a dump anywhere but the safety (and cleanliness) of my own home... hahaha.

The Taurus mouse gun (327 mag) stays in the Maxpedition Thermite bag with all my other EDC supplies. If I am not feeling like carrying the Glock 23 AIWB then I just grab the bag. It is not an ideal way to carry a handgun but it is always better than not having a gun at all. I have to be seriously anal retentive about what I do with the bag as far as when its off my shoulder. Lots of guys will say they never leave the house without their primary carry gun but we all know thats bull!....

I bought the maxpedition fat boy when they had the buy one get one. I think the bag is awesome, well built. The ccw pocket is nice but I got the s-type (lefty) rig, I prefer to carry on my person, so its main use is for my kindle.

But it is a purse and my neighbors do crack jokes but I love it and its handy when you have a toddler and you don't want to carry a big diaper bag.

The company was pretty good to deal with as well, I'll probably upgrade to a bigger pack when I finally decide to take classes at the community college.

Just an update on maxpeditions warranty and customer service.

Apparently, 14 months exceeds their "product's expected lifetime".

2. When you say limited lifetime warranty, what does "lifetime" mean?
The product's "lifetime" specifically refers to the life of the product, or at such a time that, through normal use, the product can no longer function for the specific purpose intended. The determination of whether a product's expected lifetime has been used will be made by the warranty service center.

I'm flabbergasted.

I might be able to understand if it was 14 months of military use or something similarly taxing, but i've used this bag to carry my laptop to work and back home. More specifically, I carry it from my home, to my car, and from my car to my desk and vice versa. The bag is still in immaculate shape, except for the piss-poor stitching done by some poor Taiwanese kid.

I'm going to continue fighting this. My only reaction so far is "Hard-Use Gear", My A$$!

I have a Dillon Concealed Carry Tote that I received as a gift.

It's alright. I like how the pistol is kept. I've used it when I had papers or course materials to carry. The Velcro on the pouches felt solid and hold magazines. I've walked a couple miles with it and it carries ok too.

I wish it was larger so I could actually carry my laptop. I believe it would work with a 12" screen.

5.11 sells a backpack with a laptop sleeve and concealed area that you can place a velcro hoster. I keep one spare mag in the outside most pouch. I do have the holster in my backpack but its only when I can't carry on my body... The part is this backpack doesn't look like a tactical backpack. Covert Backpack | 5.11 Tactical COVRT 18 Backpack

I have several Maxpedition products, and they have all been known to contain various firearms from time to time. At the moment, my s-type jumbo versipack is set up as more of an "active shooter" type bag, with rifle and pistol mags in it and not much else.

I carry a shotgun with 20 rounds of buckshot and 15 slugs. Been.carrying it around for over a year. Had a rifle I'd carry around but I've been.getting back into shotguns because that's the only ammo i can find. I also carry a get home bag with my pistol in it. I bring it everywhere including restaurants ( unless its a dinner date with the woman) 90 percent of people don't even ask about it and the others that do I just tell them it has all my equipment for my diabetes and heart condition ( of which I lack the afflictions.. but they don't need to know that) my business has me running around pretty much everywhere so I need to bring whatever I can wherever I can

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top