JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
One with big hands might feel the gun more comfortable to hold and shoot with the famed pinky extension. The web is full of resources saying the Glock's factory trigger sucks. They invariably have inconstient pull or they are spongy or creepy and not crisp or they are too heavy. Is an Apex trigger kit the ticket for a trigger that feels "just right" each and every time? Should your valuable defensive Glock be left to a professional Glocksmith for any serious trigger job? Does a Glock really need an aftermarket extractor or ejector?

Does any brand spanking new Glock need a break-in at the range? Is it best to start switching to aftermarket parts once the Glock has been fired awhile stone stock out of the box?

I don't believe in monkeying with things more than necessary. For safety sake, I don't think the Glock's trigger should be any lighter than the trigger pull typical of a revolver in S/A mode. 5-6 pounds. It should be crisp, predictable and consistent each and every pull.

The new Glock 26 is something called Gen 5 , I believe. Is Gen 5 now the peak of Glock Perfection that it really needs no internal fiddling to get it right on the money? :rolleyes:

IMHO you can throw a ton of money at a Glock or any other firearm really. I have a Gen 4 Glock 22 40 S&W and box stock it just plain works. If you want the Glock to be as good as (insert brand here) you'll be money ahead to just buy (insert brand here). I say this as someone thats been down this road. I bought a g-40 10mm and did all the right stuff to it new barrel, new sights, aftermarket fire control parts all polished just so. Times got tough so that Glock needed to get turned into a car payment or something. Fast forward life is better again so a 10mm could come back into the collection. Looking around I see the Springfield XD(m) checks all the boxes I wanted from the Glock at a couple hundred bucks less than it cost to buy and build the Glock.

Add a good set of night sights if it doesnt have them already, put "upgrade" money towards ammo. Practice, practice, practice. That and a decent holster and you will be good to go.
Ive carried a box stock gen 3 19 for 10+ years, other than sights and spring replacements( stock), Ive left it alone.

I've made no "improvements" to my Gen5, it works well, it's accurate enough for EDC. That said I carry my G19 about 90% of the time and I carry all hours I'm not sleeping.

One with big hands might feel the gun more comfortable to hold and shoot with the famed pinky extension. The web is full of resources saying the Glock's factory trigger sucks. They invariably have inconstient pull or they are spongy or creepy and not crisp or they are too heavy. Is an Apex trigger kit the ticket for a trigger that feels "just right" each and every time? Should your valuable defensive Glock be left to a professional Glocksmith for any serious trigger job? Does a Glock really need an aftermarket extractor or ejector?

Does any brand spanking new Glock need a break-in at the range? Is it best to start switching to aftermarket parts once the Glock has been fired awhile stone stock out of the box?

I don't believe in monkeying with things more than necessary. For safety sake, I don't think the Glock's trigger should be any lighter than the trigger pull typical of a revolver in S/A mode. 5-6 pounds. It should be crisp, predictable and consistent each and every pull.

The new Glock 26 is something called Gen 5 , I believe. Is Gen 5 now the peak of Glock Perfection that it really needs no internal fiddling to get it right on the money? :rolleyes:
Only thing a Glock needs is food. Lots of food.

I like the smooth face factory tigers in my Glocks.
Not the serrated ones on the left in the picture.

6478C884-0D0E-460B-B482-BB9D906AD3C4.jpeg

For my 26, I did a set of Ameriglo Orange Operator night sights, a smooth factory trigger, and the Pearce grip plug. The Pearce magazine extensions are nice, but I usually carry the 26 with the regular factory base plates.

QoL improvements such as pierce grip extension or even a +1 to the mag if you want. Any aftermarket sight of your flavor. WML preferably a TLR 6 - you can get just the light if you want. A good kydex holster with your preference of AIWB/IWB. Bonus points for 33rnd stendo for funsies.

Lots of food for it.

i love Glocks, and I think they make a good product, but it isn't "perfection" for me until i replace some parts:

1) extended slide release - stock one sucks, I don't want to have to work to drop the slide when I am reloading, and that method is 'way' faster than the slingshot.
2) 3.5 connector, it will never be a single action trigger, but it feels better to me with it.
3) preferred night sights. I prefer the Ameriglo I dot with a front orange outline and two glow in the dark dots that go on top of eachother.
4) if you have a subcompact - the pinky extensions are a must.

i love Glocks, and I think they make a good product, but it isn't "perfection" for me until i replace some parts:

1) extended slide release - stock one sucks, I don't want to have to work to drop the slide when I am reloading, and that method is 'way' faster than the slingshot.
2) 3.5 connector, it will never be a single action trigger, but it feels better to me with it.
3) preferred night sights. I prefer the Ameriglo I dot with a front orange outline and two glow in the dark dots that go on top of eachother.
4) if you have a subcompact - the pinky extensions are a must.
Agreed on all points. I really like the Magpul GL9 in a G26. Pinky extension plus 2 extra rounds. Also, shoot shoot shoot it!

My G26 Gen 3 was my first Glock. I have won more guns and money with it than any other pistol I own. All I have done to it is night sights and pierce pinky extension base plates. I did not want the +2 plates, I wanted the mag spring configured as factory.

Don't expect Glock reliability if you start changing parts. Changing the trigger just masks poor trigger pulling. Use the money for practice ammo.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top