JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Say what you will. I've never heard thread crapping before, but then again I'm not a big forum guy.
As for 5.56 .223 I see that all over in eugene about 50 cents a round, Bi mart had rem .223 box f 200 for 79 bucks. Cabela's, Oak Grove Guns, Bakers all have that in stock.

I think this thread proves how easy it is for the past to come back to haunt you. I'm sure when supplies are better there will be a lot of us that remember who took advantage. I've made some really good deals here with honest people, I've also seen ads from people I will never deal with in the future.

Could be, my youngest son ( 18) always asks me and has for years, Dad, why are people so bad to each other?
I say every-time because they can be that's why !

Morality can not be taught, you either have moral fortitude or you do not. Enron did what they did for greed ? But 150 years ago they would have been seen as capital investors. In Greece slaves were butchered in arenas for sport, now we call that murder and slavery is illegal.
In the Salem witch trials people were put to death for what they believed, now we have free speech ( for now ).

In each of these instances I mentioned people evolved their morality enough to end such acts.

Where we are now as a society is scary !
This is nonsense.
1. Morality can be taught, you taught it to your son. You don't think it just grew out of his head like his hair do you?
2. Morality and moral fortitude are two seperate concepts TOTALLY independent of each other. One is the system of judgement and the other the resistance to abandoning said system in the face of opposition. A Saudi father in Texas participating in the honor killing of his daughter in the face of American moral (and legal) disapproval shows great moral fortitude adherring to a morality that is foreign to his current location.
3. Your examples have flaws, in Salem witchcraft was deemed immoral and punishable by death, so those who died were the ones who refused to confess and repent. Thus the 'immoral ones' were executed by those showing the necessary moral fortitude to do so.
4. In your examples the system changed from exterior forces not some nebulous moral evolution. Enron changed when it collapsed after being caught breaking existing laws concerning accounting fraud. Slavery existed for centuries after the conquest and collapse of the network of Greecen City-States. The Witch trials of Salem are a study in mass hysteria and usually seen as legal and moral madness, but were slowly shutdown by the legal/political system of the Mass. colony as I recall.

I do not see how any of this pertains to the purchase, sale or resale of privately owned goods.

The question is: do you believe in the right of a citizen to dispose of his wholly owned assets as he sees fit or do you believe that he is restricted by the wishes of those around him. Freedom or constraint, which is it?

There is no coercion on this board, don't like it then don't buy it. No one MUST have anything that is sold here. Nothing is illegal about making a profit on the sale of your property, and it ain't immoral either. What is immoral is publically giving your word, thereby shutting down potential opportunity for the seller, and backing out because you found a better deal.

If you want to offer a better deal, start your own thread like everybody else. Hell, just give away your stuff, it's yours and you get to make the call.

Just my opinion, YMMV.

Have you ever bought any item at 7-11, Plad pantry ect? Have you ever driven to a gun show paid to park paid to get in, spent two or three hours looking about for that special trinket at a steal, ie saved 50% a 30 dollar item? Do you spend alot of time in forums that pertain to your hobby? Have you ever purchaced bottled water? Do you have all the basic necessities? Last but not least have you ever knowingly purchashed something on the classifieds in this forum for a bit higher price than it could be had at Bi-Mart or Wal Mart? If you can honestly answer no to all the above questions then maybe you could be the victim of price gouging? Well not really because if you are participating here you are still fortunate enough to have disposable income and the choice to spend it as YOU see fit.

As I see it many people use this board for nothing more than selling items - they have no care or concern with this board - only that it is a place to offload something. I am personally no longer going to respond to anyone on this board who is trying to sell something that has not taken part in a conversation. The sales portion should be a small part of this board with conversation and the sharing of knowledge being its primary purpose.

This is my opinion.

James Ruby

What is non-sense sir is you think you know me and how I raised my kids and my view on life or how I view what people do.

I notice you lurk on the forum and run out and poke the bears and then run back and hide.
Personal attacks on websites are done by cowards. And I block cowards.

Ignore List gets a new one !!!

See Ya Pal.

Your having a discussion here, if you don't want people posting their views don't post yours.

Are you going to ad ME to your ignore list now?

Chill dude

What is non-sense sir is you think you know me and how I raised my kids and my view on life or how I view what people do.

I notice you lurk on the forum and run out and poke the bears and then run back and hide.
Personal attacks on websites are done by cowards. And I block cowards.

Ignore List gets a new one !!!

See Ya Pal.
Given your tone, I do not consider being added to your ignore list as earth-shattering as you might think.

First, learn to read critically, I made no comments on what you believe or how you raised your children. So that accusation is false. I only made comments on what you said. Yes I 'lurk' as most of the comments I would make are made by others first, endless "me too" posts are asinine. I don't hang out here all day, other things to do you know. As for poking the bears and running, well here I am. After this post I am off for a bit of work, I will check back in tonight for further discussion.

You infer that I am a coward. That was an attack. Since personal attacks on websites are done by cowards and you block cowards, shall you block yourself? Failure to do so would be hypocritical, unless you were just lying about that. So which are you, liar or hypocrite.

That last paragraph WAS an attack, unlike my post #48 which just pointed out that I think you were WRONG in post #47. Do you see a difference?

If you would like to start another thread, just PM the link and we can exchange pleasantries without hi-jacking this thread.

This is nonsense.
1. Morality can be taught, you taught it to your son. You don't think it just grew out of his head like his hair do you?
2. Morality and moral fortitude are two seperate concepts TOTALLY independent of each other. One is the system of judgement and the other the resistance to abandoning said system in the face of opposition. A Saudi father in Texas participating in the honor killing of his daughter in the face of American moral (and legal) disapproval shows great moral fortitude adherring to a morality that is foreign to his current location.
3. Your examples have flaws, in Salem witchcraft was deemed immoral and punishable by death, so those who died were the ones who refused to confess and repent. Thus the 'immoral ones' were executed by those showing the necessary moral fortitude to do so.
4. In your examples the system changed from exterior forces not some nebulous moral evolution. Enron changed when it collapsed after being caught breaking existing laws concerning accounting fraud. Slavery existed for centuries after the conquest and collapse of the network of Greecen City-States. The Witch trials of Salem are a study in mass hysteria and usually seen as legal and moral madness, but were slowly shutdown by the legal/political system of the Mass. colony as I recall.

I do not see how any of this pertains to the purchase, sale or resale of privately owned goods.

The question is: do you believe in the right of a citizen to dispose of his wholly owned assets as he sees fit or do you believe that he is restricted by the wishes of those around him. Freedom or constraint, which is it?

There is no coercion on this board, don't like it then don't buy it. No one MUST have anything that is sold here. Nothing is illegal about making a profit on the sale of your property, and it ain't immoral either. What is immoral is publically giving your word, thereby shutting down potential opportunity for the seller, and backing out because you found a better deal.

If you want to offer a better deal, start your own thread like everybody else. Hell, just give away your stuff, it's yours and you get to make the call.

Just my opinion, YMMV.

It is my choice as a consumer who I deal with and who I buy from - I do not find a need to deal with someone that is willing to scalp others for excessive gain. That is my choice and I will certanly remember those that do try to "scalp" others by not supporting them in the future - that again is my choice. If someone wants my business then I expect to be treated with respect and a fair price and if treated as such I will lend my loyalty to that seller in the future and hopefully it will become a win win situation for all.

James Ruby

CJ, you have an excellent post (#48) and I agree it was not a personal attack. It is a well thought-out, pointed piece which exemplifies my sentiments. Like Mr. Ruby, I will not deal with those who engage/have engaged in gouging the market and I do not condone the practice.

The following paragraphs are not directed at any person. They are merely stating my opinion on the matter.

That being said, I support the right for people to gouge because it is a free market and they should be able to sell their property in any way they see fit. The phrase "life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness" is the core of this belief. If another person's "pursuit of happiness" does not infringe on my "pursuit of happiness," I should not have any recourse to deprive them of this essential freedom. I may not like it, however the fact that I don't like does not mean it can not or should not be allowed. This a repercussion of freedom, to let each person do as they see fit. It is our jobs as members of society to raise (read teach) our offspring to be moral with moral fortitude, not to impose restrictions on others.

This is a forum, as I see it "private property," which I am allowed to visit and post on as long as I obey the rules. If no rules have been broken, there is no reason to reprimand a user. It is within our rights to not engage with the price gougers.

10 dollar difference not worth effort but if you can hand a bro a hundred or two hundred dollar bill the why not? Side note 2 hundred dollar bills dont exist

I do wonder if people shy away from the forums because of the drama that unfolds, I do not block people very often just three on my list. But many come on here to goat people and stir the pot( whom I suspect are liberal planted trolls to cause chaos and discourse ). So many may just retreat back to the classifieds and chat.

A friend of mine pointed out that this forum is known for having lots of whiners and criers.
Is this thread an example?

Midway had no less than FIVE individual brand/notifications - mostly Aquila - 22lr in 500 quantity for $31-$37 a box this morning, including 60g subs :) ... so .... there is really no need to worry about paying scalper prices if you have fast fingers.

Six cents a round is still a reality, and so is spending four hours trying to get a ZK-22 working right :).

It is my choice as a consumer who I deal with and who I buy from - I do not find a need to deal with someone that is willing to scalp others for excessive gain. That is my choice and I will certanly remember those that do try to "scalp" others by not supporting them in the future - that again is my choice. If someone wants my business then I expect to be treated with respect and a fair price and if treated as such I will lend my loyalty to that seller in the future and hopefully it will become a win win situation for all.

James Ruby
Well stated, hopefully you weren't expecting me to disagree.

Though the central points of "excessive" and "fair" would be the only place I might diverge from you. I have found these concepts to be rather fluid and subjective.

While I may not mirror your statements, it being your prerogative, I am not in a position to debate them.

CJ

That being said, I support the right for people to gouge because it is a free market and they should be able to sell their property in any way they see fit. The phrase "life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness" is the core of this belief. If another person's "pursuit of happiness" does not infringe on my "pursuit of happiness," I should not have any recourse to deprive them of this essential freedom. I may not like it, however the fact that I don't like does not mean it can not or should not be allowed. This a repercussion of freedom, to let each person do as they see fit. It is our jobs as members of society to raise (read teach) our offspring to be moral with moral fortitude, not to impose restrictions on others.

Well said and couldn't agree more. Ususally I would just give a 'like', but doing so to your original post would be obsencely self-serving so I had to chop it a little.

Well stated, hopefully you weren't expecting me to disagree.

Though the central points of "excessive" and "fair" would be the only place I might diverge from you. I have found these concepts to be rather fluid and subjective.

While I may not mirror your statements, it being your prerogative, I am not in a position to debate them.

CJ

I simply expect from others what I expect from myself - would I do that and can I look the guy in the face when I am done and say that I treated him farily. This is the standard I try very hard to follow when dealing with others. These are my standards. I would feel uncomfortable selling a brick of primers for a 100$ when I know that they only cost me 35$ that does not mean that I will sell them for 35$ I willl add what I consider a fair increase such as 10 or 15$ at most. These are my standards.

James Ruby

To my close freinds and family I might even give them away.

I simply expect from others what I expect from myself - would I do that and can I look the guy in the face when I am done and say that I treated him farily. This is the standard I try very hard to follow when dealing with others. These are my standards. I would feel uncomfortable selling a brick of primers for a 100$ when I know that they only cost me 35$ that does not mean that I will sell them for 35$ I willl add what I consider a fair increase such as 10 or 15$ at most. These are my standards.

James Ruby

To my close freinds and family I might even give them away.
In todays environment and stocking availablity, I would agree with your numbers.

But as your last sentenance highlights, "fair" is not a set number outside of all context, rather a value derived from a myriad of personally dependent factors. These factors change constantly for some and are fixed for others, it is arrogant in the extreme to dictate to another what is "fair". Governments do it all the time, but I still find it objectionable.

Of course we are talking about freely held private assets. Don't want to jump the tracks to other classifications.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top