JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Do we want this forum to be full of scalping gougers, or do we want this place full of good people sharing their love of firearms!

On that note I say... DO IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This is ridiculousness. It's like watching high school kids try and sell weed, all for a quick buck!

It's destroying this forum too. It's been legitimately cheaper to not buy off this forum for some time now. The only people here are scalpers!

I want this forum to be where two able minded adults can come, make a transaction, agree on a price and go away happy with the transaction, without a bunch of keyboard cowboys commenting on the deal they just made. If the seller is happy, and if the buyer is happy (albeit ignorant) WTF cares what they paid? I've got way more important things to worry about in my life. 5 minutes spent reading or search on this site would show people need to be wary of scalping or gouging prices, so the least someone can do coming here looking to buy is spend a few minutes reading.

We don't need people on the forum being big brother and watching out for us and thinking they know what's best for us. Sounds like the government. If seller and buyer are happy, leave them alone.

Get off your high horse "keyboard cowboy", two able bodied adults aren't coming and making a transaction. An adult raised by second rate parents is coming in and gouging others for their own benefit... and the other able minded adults don't bother coming here anymore!

NorthwestFirearmScalping.com is available if you want something less community oriented and more empowered to screwing people!

Get off your high horse "keyboard cowboy", two able bodied adults aren't coming and making a transaction. An adult raised by second rate parents is coming in and gouging others for their own benefit... and the other able minded adults don't bother coming here anymore!

NorthwestFirearmScalping.com is available if you want something less community oriented and more empowered to screwing people!

High horse....keyboard cowboy!! LOL :s0112:

I kind of look at it like mandatory reporting; if you think the buyer is unable to think or take care of him/herself and is being taken advantage of, then it may be appropriate for you to say something to the buyer. If you think everyone is unable to think or take care of him/herself, then you likely have some sort of ego/control issue and I suggest taking a long, hard, rational look at your behavior.

If the buyer is a friend, which can apply to friendship by association of membership on this forum, then god-speed in telling the buyer he/she is getting ripped off!

I try (really hard) not to say something to these types of sellers, mainly because it is their freedom to sell at whatever they want and only my personal values are being violated. However, do whatever you want to do, because, you too, are free to bash the scoundrel for trying to rip off a fellow forum member!

Amen to that... if we're going to talk freedom and free market... then sure let's got that route... they can ask whatever they want and I damn well can say whatever the hell I want!

If we're going to block people saying negative things, the forum is just at liberty to block scalpers and gougers! Say no to gouging!

Well, if I was going to buy something here ,there, anywhere and someone here, there on the street, at my job, at church, over the phone, etc... told me that I could get the exact same thing somewhere else for a cheaper price I would very much appreciate it. I would consider it honorable and admirable in helping a person to save money.

Just the fact that we are having this debate makes me happy. Not only because I like intellectual debate but also because it shows the freedom we do have. There are some countries out there where this is not an option. They are told what to think. They are told what to do.

When its all said and done Im extremely pro-freedom. That means a person can ask whatever they want for thier goods and someone can inform a buyer if its a solid deal or not.

Balance is key.

Did you realize that on 4/22/13 you were asking exactally the same ammount .60 cents per round for your .223 pmc that I was buying last season at bi mart on sale for 5.99 a box? As it might not be inapproiate you might want to pm yourself.

I think this sums up a lot of people on this forum. They want sales to be cheap when in benefits them, not when they are trying to make money though.

I think this sums up a lot of people on this forum. They want sales to be cheap when in benefits them, not when they are trying to make money though.

Having a stash of ammo that you part with at going market value when no ammo is around isn't all that bad for the community.

Running out and buying up huge chunks of ammo when it finally hits a realistic price and never having had the intention of using it... that's gouging and should be shunned. You're lower than petty drug dealers.

So, apples and oranges comparison.

Having a stash of ammo that you part with at going market value when no ammo is around isn't all that bad for the community.

Running out and buying up huge chunks of ammo when it finally hits a realistic price and never having had the intention of using it... that's gouging and should be shunned. You're lower than petty drug dealers.

Lower than petty drug dealers? Really?

If that's so, then where would a seller fall onto the scale of life who agrees to do a deal with a member here, then goes back on their word because they found a buyer who was willing to pay more?

http://www.northwestfirearms.com/re...45-auto-223-supplies-brass-fmj-hp-45auto.html

Is it apples to oranges though? The OP himself was trying to sell rounds for the same price he now thinks is overpriced, how is that NOT him trying to take advantage of someone when it suited him, but now trying to prevent someone else from doing the same thing? I am not saying it is appropriate for people to buy ammo for the purpose of hiking the price and re-selling, I think that's pretty low myself, but its a free market right?

So you are a government trained remote viewer or psychic. Please tell us all how you can determine who is liquidating there stash in order to help the community or who is camping at Bi Mart to gouge there fellow man?

When I bought silver at $7 an ounce I was an idiot, so said my accountant and friends. When I bought out all the CCI Mini Mags (<.05) at my suppressor dealer the kid behind the counter (nice kid) said wow, that's crazy.

Being crazy and ridiculed isn't so bad if you have done the math and believe your course is correct and rational. Sometimes when the herd is yelling no it is the best time to do the opposite.

I don't mock those paying .12-.18 for what I paid a nickel for because just as easily as ammo can become cheaper and more available, an unforeseen event can make them as rare as hen's teeth and worth much more in the short/long term.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top